AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mits WD-57731 went dead for the third time in less than a year and a Half last night, so I decided that Mitsubshi is now on my List of companies to avoid and I just stuck the set in storage and decided to get something cheap to hold me over till summer and the new stuff is released. I was looking to spend around $1600 on a Sony or Samsung, but at only $950 the Insignia looked like a better place holder that I could eventually relocate to the bedroom due to its smaller size. But after getting it home and setting it up, I think I might just keep it my main set now because damn is its PQ impressive. I had my Mits calibrated and used nothing but HD sources on it like the PS3, HD-DVD, and XB360, and was always impressed with its 1080p images, that is until today. The $1500 cheaper low-end Insignia just crushes the Mits in PQ IMO, much deeper blacks, sharper image, better color detail, and a all around just much more detailed image than I was getting before. Color me impressed.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone else have this set, and willing to share their settings:

Mine are

80 Contrast

55 Bright

42 saturation

0 hue

sharpness 3

Cool

nr off

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just got a 37" Insignia as a trade in for a broken Toshiba. Loved the picture quality on my Toshiba, but Best Buy doesn't carry low end Toshiba LCD's anymore apparently. So I got the Insignia.

Picture quality, once I got home and hooked it up.. was a$$. It has this constant rippling garbage going on "underneath" any picture I run through it. It ruins clean edges, kills detail, and I am going to switch it out ASAP.

Options are to get a brand name 32", or no-name (Insignia or Dynex) 37". Gah.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed from reviews that the Insignias vastly differ in quality between models, no doubt because they are all just rebrands from a multitude of companies. I have to say that the model I have I would recommend heavily to anyone, because I do feel its PQ is light years beyond what its $1000 price price points says it should be, other models though I would not say to get.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
The 42" Insignia looks mighty good for the price. If I were to buy a 60hz set, the Insignia would be it. It's very attractive, looks great PQ-wise, and the price is splendid.

This is coming from an owner (and ex-owner) of three newer Samsung sets.

·
Registered
463 Posts
One thing, I don't thing the Insignia's have a "backlight" control. While not absolutely necessary (just turn the contrast and brightness down), it is a nice feature to have.

·
Registered
69 Posts
For those of you looking for more info, visit the NS-LCD42HD thread here
NS-LCD42HD

I could not find much info on my set before I bought it. So hopefully this will help some people thinking of giving the 42" 1080P Insignia a try.

I bought it as a second TV mainly for Xbox Games, and I could not be happier. I would be extremely pleased even if this was my main TV. Don't be scurred, give it a try...for the price a really awesome TV.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I was hesitant at first because of all the bad I have heard about the brand, but at $1000 it seemed a decent buy as a place holder. But instead I got way more than I expected, and ended up getting a HDTV I feel was a huge step up from one I payed much much more for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI. Im New To these forums. I Have the Insignia NS-LCD42HD. The People On it have a really bright pink color to them. Only if im looking at it from the front does anyone have some user settings that could help me out with the color.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 /forum/post/12941684

Anyone else have this set, and willing to share their settings:

Mine are

80 Contrast

55 Bright

42 saturation

0 hue

sharpness 3

Cool

nr off

I just got this TV on sunday.

I'm liking it so far, but am struggling with the brightness. I either have a complete washed out look or everything is too dark. I can't find a happy medium... I wish it had back-light controls...

Also, how on earth can you set your brightness to 55? When I set my brightness to 55 the entire screen is lit up and everything is drastically washed out... blacks look like greys... and I don't mean dark grey, either..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts