AVS Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 2575 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know if the G45 has the Vista Media Center -32 bit and 64 bit driver utility selections and ability to set the video levels to both PC (0-255) and video (16-235) levels, that the G33/G31 chipset does not (at least as far as I can tell, even with the most recent drivers)? I am tired of getting crushed blacks on my HDTV and DVD sources.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Info from the PDF:

It's interesting that it's dated 11/27... almost two weeks ago and it gets posted now?

About This BIOS:

• November 27, 2008

• IDG4510H.86A.0087.2008.1127.1739

• GBE firmware bin version: ich10r_82567v_a2

• PXE Option Rom file: BA1322L2.LOM

• ME Version: 1096 SKU4

• MEBx Version: 5.0.5.0004

• VBIOS Version: 1704

• RAID Option Rom version: 8.6.0.1007.

New Fixes/Features:

• Updated iQST profile.

• Fixed issue where Vista* resume behavior is different in IDE

and RAID mode.

• Fixed issue where BIOS does not have chassis type preprogrammed.

• Fixed issue where no PECI information is displayed for Celeron

4xx CPUs.

• Fixed issue where AMT-related settings appear in BIOS - causing

error at boot.

• Fixed boot error with certain graphics card is installed.

• Fixed issue where BIOS language switches to French if using F9.

• Fixed issue where Intel® Desktop Utilities shows incorrect

value for memory slots

• Fixed issue where iQST always locks.

• Fixed issue where POST is very slow if ME or iQST is disabled

in MEBx.

• Fixed issue where system seems to hang when you enter Hardware

Monitoring in BIOS setup if ME or iQST is disabled.

• Fixed issue where Ctrl-P prompt disappears if Intel ME is

enabled/disabled several times.

• Fixed bouncing ball XML issue.

• Updated the VBIOS from 1702 to 1704.

• Updated the chipset code to 1.04.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Übermensch /forum/post/15257132

Looks like Intel has posted 87, any noticeable improvements? Anything broken?

I noticed my WEI went down to 4.0 from 4.1 after going from 0085 to 0087... Other than that nothing noticeable.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:

Glad to see an ISO available!

Also, the download page mentions something about not being able to move to this release from .79 via express update. This is interesting for those of us who went through problems with express update going from .79 to .81 and .83. I always assumed it was a problem with .81 or .83 that was preventing the update. One could infer from this information that the problem may have been with .79 preventing the express update.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthurber /forum/post/15260823

Glad to see an ISO available!

I created two different discs from the ISO image they posted and wasn't able to boot with either of them. Was anyone else successful with the ISO image?

I am going to create my own bootable image and try that tonight.

·
Registered
189 Posts
A couple of questions:

1. Will there ever be a Blu-Ray/HD DVD support on this mobo in XP or will it never happen? I'm using Vista, but REALLY hates all the restrictions.

2. Is it possible to run analog and digital sound at the same time on this board, or is there a program that will allow you to switch between the profiles with hot key commands?

3. Is it possible to dissable the DVI output in Vista?

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:

I was updating from 79, so i used the iflash utility with a bootable usb stick. Updater said flashing was successful and told me to reboot which I did, and now the system wont even POST anymore. No output to screen, no beeps, nothing. Sigh...

EDIT:

Phew! After a recovery update the mobo came back to life.

·
Registered
47 Posts
iFlash & Windows Express didn't work for me either. I'm still on 0085.

The RSS feed shows:

BIOS Update [IDG4510H.86A]

December-09-08, 13:00:45

Four methods for updating your Intel® Desktop Board's BIOS version.

Version: 0087 | Date: 12/9/2008 | Type: BIOS

So I'm not sure why the website posted 11/27/2008.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone else run across this? There seems to be 2 variants of the Kingston memory. We had been using the N5, which has worked really well on our DG45IDs (both single and dual channel)

When we ordered more memory for them, we ordered the N6 variant. The N6 works very well if used in single channel mode (ie, we only install 1 stick), but if installed for dual channel (2 sticks in the proper slots), we get loads of memory errors.

Since we have multiple 45s, we also found out that this is only on the 307 version of the board. The 306 version of the board works well in both modes. We tried it on 2 306s and 2 307s for consistency.

All boards running Bios 85.

Its getting harder to get the N5, so we are stuck with ordering N6 in the future.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepr0n /forum/post/15262233

I was updating from 79, so i used the iflash utility with a bootable usb stick. Updater said flashing was successful and told me to reboot which I did, and now the system wont even POST anymore. No output to screen, no beeps, nothing. Sigh...

Yup. I have just about given up on BIOS updates...

I have a stable DG45ID using 0079 that shows me a post screen and gives me full DxVA (using Vista EVR) H.264 decoding through my DVBViewer (which uses my fully up to date PowerDVD8 Ultra codec). CPU use is only about 2% decoding 1080i - No problems here.

I can play BD .ISO's using PowerDVD8 Ultra from the hard disk (with AnyDVD) fine but I don't get HA. CPU usage between 20-30%. We already know the 0079 BIOS is broken for H.264

I have flashed my board many times with 81,83,85 and now 0087 to see if I can get PowerDVD HA working. However, the post screen disappears from the HDMI output and any BIOS from 83 onwards kills all my H.264 playback. I get total green screen output from my HD players and I have to disable DxVA to get any H.264 playback from my DVBViewer. I cannot disable HA in PowerDVD8 Ultra, so it becomes useless.

I registered my PowerDVD 7 codec to try with my DVB software. It works without green screen with the later BIOS updates but there is no HA now - go figure.

I still have a gut feeling that my problem is related to the paranoid PAVP setting that we had to set to Lite in the original BIOS but an attempt to flash back to BIOS 0077 to see the settings failed so I cannot test this.

This 'green screen' problem is common with other users and GPU and usually points to codec problems but after many hours of research I cannot find an easy solution.

Looks like I will have to stick with 0079 and do without BD HA. Anyone else had similar problems ?

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...a* 64&lang=eng

Video Problem still Broken.

I got 0087 to install for some strange reason using iFlash. I booted using my Win98 USB key, entered iFlash, exited back to DOS prompt, re-entered into iFlash, seleted 0087.BIO and it worked. It's really odd that I would have to do all this to flash the bios.

An ISO image for a CD is awesome if shared on a network CD drive. Just script or use the AMT software on multiple DG45IDs to reboot from the network CD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just updated my bios to 87. using the recovery BIOS technique. But as soon as i did that my monitor is able to display only 3 bit colour Display. Its like safe mode though it is not in safe mode. I updated the graphics Driver to the latest version but still no effect.

I am using a 15 inch Samsung samtron55v CRT . I did not have this problem with the 079 BIOS .

I am using windows xp professional 32 bit

Any Suggestions ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
My mboard arrived yesterday and my other components will come today. I am not sure what BIOS the board has but its obviously not 087. I created a bootable USB and was going to use iflash to update it before i install Vista.

Any reason you think i should not do this? I am hoping that with a fresh, clean update like this to 087, hopefully I will have no problems.

However, in case I do have problems, is there a way to backup the current BIOS assuming its 079 since i dont think its available from intels website anymore?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhy8386 /forum/post/15271034

My mboard arrived yesterday and my other components will come today. I am not sure what BIOS the board has but its obviously not 087. I created a bootable USB and was going to use iflash to update it before i install Vista.

Any reason you think i should not do this? I am hoping that with a fresh, clean update like this to 087, hopefully I will have no problems.

However, in case I do have problems, is there a way to backup the current BIOS assuming its 079 since i dont think its available from intels website anymore?

When I got my board last month it came with v77, which was released in July. I'm not sure how far behind they are usually.

FWIW, I still have not been able to upgrade mine from 85 to 87. I created two different CDs from the ISO image on the website and couldn't boot either one of them even though the discs appear to be OK and I can browse the files on them. I then created my own FreeDOS bootable CD, but I get a spontaneous reboot after starting 'iflash /pf ID0087.BIO /rb', right after hitting enter to confirm installation. I guess I should be thankful that it doesn't leave the upgrade half done.

I didn't have any of these issues when upgrading from v77 to v85.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaigle /forum/post/15266221

Anyone else run across this? There seems to be 2 variants of the Kingston memory. We had been using the N5, which has worked really well on our DG45IDs (both single and dual channel)

When we ordered more memory for them, we ordered the N6 variant. The N6 works very well if used in single channel mode (ie, we only install 1 stick), but if installed for dual channel (2 sticks in the proper slots), we get loads of memory errors.

Since we have multiple 45s, we also found out that this is only on the 307 version of the board. The 306 version of the board works well in both modes. We tried it on 2 306s and 2 307s for consistency.

All boards running Bios 85.

Its getting harder to get the N5, so we are stuck with ordering N6 in the future.

Hi, I also have problems with this memory, my board is rev 387 with bios IDG4510H.86A.0087.2008.1127.1739, I only have 1 KVR800D2N6-2G and 2 KVR800D2N5-1G, and like you, N5 works well on dual channel and N6 works well on single channel, but when I install both N5 on channel A and the N6 on the first slot of channel B, the bios resport 4 GB dual channel at 667 Mhz, and not 800 Mhz. I wrote to Intel about this problem, and I am waiting for the answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I discovered a problem with DG45ID, when I install hard drives and dvd rom on ramdom sata ports, the post is very slow, i had installed 2 hdds and dvd writer on ports 0,2,4, I corrected the problem installing them on ports 0,1,2.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayya /forum/post/15270284

Hi Guys,

I just updated my bios to 87. using the recovery BIOS technique. But as soon as i did that my monitor is able to display only 3 bit colour Display. Its like safe mode though it is not in safe mode. I updated the graphics Driver to the latest version but still no effect.

I am using a 15 inch Samsung samtron55v CRT . I did not have this problem with the 079 BIOS .

I am using windows xp professional 32 bit

Any Suggestions ?

Hi ,

I installed the older version of BIOS 0079. Now its working Fine

1421 - 1440 of 2575 Posts