AVS Forum banner

37761 - 37780 of 40609 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Desertdome what drivers are in the JTR Noesis 215RT and Noesis 212T does Jeff use custom made eminence drivers or drivers from AEspeakers. The 215RT's at Axpona sounded great.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
^^^ Impressive stuff, @desertdome .

Is that measurement a sum of your left and right channels?
There are actually two "squiggly" lines in the image. They separate a little more in the bass region. Once is the left speaker and one is the right speaker. I used the default colors so they are a little hard to see.

Desertdome what drivers are in the JTR Noesis 215RT and Noesis 212T does Jeff use custom made eminence drivers or drivers from AEspeakers. The 215RT's at Axpona sounded great.
They are custom made Eminence drivers designed by Jeff. Some of the premium/exotic parts are sourced elsewhere and supplied to Eminence for these specific drivers. I have 8 15" AE Speakers IB drivers in a pair of infinite baffle manifolds. I haven't used them for music listening since getting the Noesis 215RT's. The bass is exceptional on the 215RT's!

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
I would love to know how the new JTR 3way 215 speakers compare with Klipsch Jubilees with music.

I'm also looking to purchase the new JTR Pro passive double 18 vented sub which is at a great price point right now.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Would the 228HT work as a horizontal center channel with 212T? What about the 210RT?

Cap 1400 already on order, thinking of selling Salk system, and going all JTR with veneers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have dinner on the grill and I'm trying to watch my kiddos so this is going to be very abbreviated... In between chasing kids around, I just got my new 212RT's wired up. I literally only had a few minutes to listen, but let me say this...

I've been a heavy lurker on AVS for the past 5-6 years, planning on someday building my own HT. I'm finally doing it (98% done) and have been waiting years to hear the fabled JTR's (yes, I bought them entirely based on AVS reviews). Candidly, I was worried that the hype was going to be greater than reality. I've read people rant and rave about these speakers, but I was just hoping for a solid HT setup.

Whoa... Like, hold on to your effin hat, whoa... I've never heard sound like this before. Granted, my experience consists of listening to B&W speakers at the local Starpower. But this far and away exceeds my expectations. To the point, I'm having trouble thinking of adjectives to describe what I just heard. Jaw dropping...

Gotta run and make dinner -

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've been a heavy lurker on AVS for the past 5-6 years, planning on someday building my own HT. I'm finally doing it (98% done) and have been waiting years to hear the fabled JTR's (yes, I bought them entirely based on AVS reviews).
Not that I don't believe the speakers are great (I've heard the 215RTs and had a similar reaction to yours), but how much of this do you think was your new room? In other words, did you compare them to an old set of speakers in the same room before hearing the 212RTs?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good question, @tebling, and I don't know that I have a great answer. Absolutely nothing scientific to my comparison... I've been listening to a pair of Klipsch RF5's for the past 20 years, so that's my real barometer. They are in a different room from the 212RT's, but neither room is treated. Granted, I have a ton of panels leaning in groups against the walls in the theater room - but I'm guessing that's actually a negative impact. Once I get them all hung, then I'll have a better feel for how much difference the room makes.

I'm going to do some more listening now, but here's the most impactful thing I've noticed about these speakers... You don't have to turn them up loud for an immersive, detailed, visceral experience. I'm used to sound being muddled at lower volumes, needing to be turned up to really sense dynamics. But the 212RT's sound absolutely stellar, even at volumes I would have considered much too low on my old setup.

Huge shoutout to @desertdome. He's been fantastic to work with on my project and a big help. Once the room is 100% finished in a few weeks, I'll take some pictures and make an official post.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@obleo , what are you using for: power; and surrounds?
Quick equipment rundown...

JTR 212RT = LCR
JTR S8 = Side and rear surround
Seaton SubM = Master & Slave subs
Yamaha RX-A3070 = Receiver
JVC DLA-RS520 = Projector
Seymour Center Stage 150" 2.35 = Screen
Samsung UBD-M9500 = Blu-Ray / 4K
Lots of various GIK Panels

Just using the Yamaha for power. Honestly, the 212's are so freaking efficient, I can't imagine the need for an external amp. My room is 28 x 18 x 10, so not huge but definitely a pretty good size... I turned up to reference, just for grins, and the experience was like, "this is so loud it's hurting my ears and likely causing damage to my hearing". It was fun for about 30 seconds, but just can't imagine playing that loud for extended periods - let alone needing an external amp to go even louder.

·
Premium Member
14,809 Posts
Quick equipment rundown...

JTR 212RT = LCR
JTR S8 = Side and rear surround
Seaton SubM = Master & Slave subs
Yamaha RX-A3070 = Receiver
JVC DLA-RS520 = Projector
Seymour Center Stage 150" 2.35 = Screen
Samsung UBD-M9500 = Blu-Ray / 4K
Lots of various GIK Panels

Just using the Yamaha for power. Honestly, the 212's are so freaking efficient, I can't imagine the need for an external amp. My room is 28 x 18 x 10, so not huge but definitely a pretty good size... I turned up to reference, just for grins, and the experience was like, "this is so loud it's hurting my ears and likely causing damage to my hearing". It was fun for about 30 seconds, but just can't imagine playing that loud for extended periods - let alone needing an external amp to go even louder.
If you didn't adjust your speaker level trims after installing, you were probably well above reference as the 212RT's are likely more efficient than your previous speakers by a pretty fair margin.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you didn't adjust your speaker level trims after installing, you were probably well above reference as the 212RT's are likely more efficient than your previous speakers by a pretty fair margin.
Actually, it's a brand new receiver - first time used with any speakers. Not to say the trim doesn't need to be adjusted, but the receiver and speakers were both straight out of the box.

·
Premium Member
14,809 Posts
Actually, it's a brand new receiver - first time used with any speakers. Not to say the trim doesn't need to be adjusted, but the receiver and speakers were both straight out of the box.
The reference at the moment is most definitely way above actual "Reference" My guess is 6-10dB over with the speaker trims in their stock position (0).

·
Registered
231 Posts
The reference at the moment is most definitely way above actual "Reference" My guess is 6-10dB over with the speaker trims in their stock position (0).
^^^ This. Since reference is relative to your room, default reference is typically way over. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how well tamed the JTRs' are at calibrated reference (not that you'll want to listen at those levels). :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Would the 228HT work as a horizontal center channel with 212T? What about the 210RT?

Cap 1400 already on order, thinking of selling Salk system, and going all JTR with veneers.
That is what I will be going with in the not so distant future. Certainly looking forward to it!

Reactions: irishluck73
37761 - 37780 of 40609 Posts