AVS Forum banner

39621 - 39640 of 40634 Posts

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Need to do measurements and pick up at least 4 of these. First things first I have to get 2 more 20amp circuits installed this week. Anyone have these yet and can give impressions?

Greg
Here you go!

Mrs. Irish wanted to change out the Salk towers we had in the living room. I thought what a great time to get the 210RT towers instead! What she really meant was she wanted new smaller speakers. :eek:

I went to Jeff asking him his thoughts about utilizing the Single 8HT X 5 for a living room entertainment center and after some back and forth via phone and email he offered the option of the not yet released 110HT for the LCR to compliment the 8HT rears. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity.

Out of respect for Jeff's wishes I haven't posted anything about the 110HT until he made the formal announcement. I've had three of them as my LCR for about the past month along with (2) Single 8HT as surround in my living room.

I am very, very impressed with their performance! Honestly I think the larger JTR speakers would have been wasted on me, for my needs. Not to say they wouldn't sound great but these are outstanding. The dynamics are awesome, very clear, and they go LOUD with just being powered by my Denon receiver. Currently they're waiting on my friend to finish our built in entertainment center to have a permanent home and I'll post much better pictures when it's completed.
Absolutely! I have them crossed over @ 80Hz and they sound great together.

The Salk speakers I had were very good but the 110HT are vastly superior when it comes to dynamics and movies. They can be pushed much harder without distortion or compression.

I haven't heard the larger JTR offerings. But for an unobtrusive, "reasonably sized", living room setup these things really rock! Once I get the stand built and everything dialed in I'll take measurements and post them.
I'm glad Jeff finally announced them! I have had the Noesis 110HT as my LCR since May and am loving them. My previous speakers were Seaton Cat 12s, a move forced me to sell them and always wanted to give Jeff's speakers a try. I have these in a dedicated theater room that I am building out slowly and frankly these have been perfect. I had the same conversation with Jeff that Irish above did, was interested in a 5.whatever solution with 8HT's and Jeff let me know about something he had been working on and was getting ready to introduce, so I jumped at the opportunity.

Never detected a hint of straining when I have pushed them, which I admittedly dont do much as I have a newborn and sleep is already at a premium. I will post photos later this evening, but it is safe to say, these things aren't going anywhere.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1165099-official-jtr-speaker-thread-1303.html#post58251128

·
Registered
289 Posts
Been a lurker for awhile and have lusted after Jeff's speakers. Right now I have Diy 1099's and Volt 8's.
Going to take the plunge after the holidays and step up to the 210's with a 210RM doing center duties. What improvement can I expect with this upgrade? I have Audiocontrol amps and right now have 2 PSA xs15se's for the low end. This is in a 12x15 media room. Appreciate your insight.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Been a lurker for awhile and have lusted after Jeff's speakers. Right now I have Diy 1099's and Volt 8's.
Going to take the plunge after the holidays and step up to the 210's with a 210RM doing center duties. What improvement can I expect with this upgrade? I have Audiocontrol amps and right now have 2 PSA xs15se's for the low end. This is in a 12x15 media room. Appreciate your insight.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk
The voicing is incredible, and the soundstage is ridiculous, oh, and they pound. The 1099s are a great value, but these 210s are in a different league. You really have to hear for yourself because you just can't explain it. Come by after Christmas and you'll see ;)

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
pulled the trigger on 4 of the 110ht's.

sort of a christmas present from myself to myself
Did you order the 110HTs in custom finish?

I know WAF was the only reason you sold the 228HTs...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey everyone!

I finally got around to mounting my rears and thought I would share my recent upgrades with you all. Current setup is as follows:

210RT Mains
210RM Center
110HT-SL Surrounds
Captivator 1400 Sub

Usage case for my system is 90% HT/10% music, so these impressions are more from a home theater perspective. I have owned the 1400 for a few years now and have been blown away by its performance, so when researching for an upgrade from my Goldenear setup, JTR was at the top of the list. The Goldenears served me well (Triton 5s, Supercenter X, Supersat 3s) but, much like many audio enthusiasts, I had the upgrade itch and was curious how much more performance I would get by moving to the JTR setup. Boy was I glad I took the plunge! It's quite hard to put into words (IMO) how much better the JTR speakers sound, but the best way i can describe the sound is effortless. At any volume, the clarity and dynamic range is very consistent. The surrounds were the weakest part of my previous setup and moving to the much larger JTRs allowed for some lower frequencies to come through. This made the surround effects much more natural and a bit less jarring.

Another "negative" from the Goldenears was that it was quite obvious when the JTR sub took over low frequency duties. It wasn't overpowering the speakers, but the transition wasn't the smoothest (ARC did a great job minimizing this, but it can't work miracles). Now, the transitions are seamless; I know the low frequencies are coming from the sub, but it isn't apparent at all when my mains give out and the sub takes over. My ultimate goal for a system is one that, while watching content, there isn't anything about the sound that distracts you from enjoying what you are watching. I think I have achieved that (or as close as I can get) and is probably the best compliment I can give to this setup.

I have attached a few pics of the setup (not the most aesthetically pleasing, but very functional) as well as the ARC measurements of the speakers in my room. I commend Jeff for designing an absolutely fantastic set of speakers!

-Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice setup! Have a question? Getting ready to buy the 210rt and rm for lcr duties, have a Marantz 7702 mill and Audiocontrol amps.and saw you have arc and thought you might have an Anthem if so is it a step up from the Marantzs and Denons?
Thinking about a new processor also. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Does anybody here use D-sonic or Wyred4Sound amps with their JTR speakers? If so, what are your impressions?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have been trying to read through this HUGE thread....pecking and hunting throughout. I can't find any in-depth reviews for music listening. I did see a review of the Noesis 210RT's that was pretty comprehensive concerning their music capabilities. I am also looking at the 212RT's too....however, I will be listening to lots of music and watching lots of movies. I enjoy large sound stage and precise imaging...that feeling of being there or they are in your room (being able to clearly depict instruments, voices, sounds and placement of of performers in space). I enjoy horns, so not afraid of the typical horns "fear" comment that many have about their sound. Plus JTR has been around long enough for me to know they ain't like other horns. Please, someone...give me a somewhat in-depth impression of the 210's or the 212's for music....I am already convinced they will be amazing, and a huge step up from my current JBL L890's for Home Theater usage. Also, are Jeff's prices posted on the site per speaker, or per pair. Thanks folks...happy holidays. :)

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
That an earlier model? I believe Dennis used ICE modules early on.
Ya, it's about 8 years old now or so.
It's probably the only amp Ive ever had that I have no plans on upgrading lol.
I also have some ncore 400s, class D audio 470s (4 channel for Atmos)
And a few others that are kicking around.
Although I can't say those 2 x 2500 watt monos haven't caught my attention....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Does anybody here use D-sonic or Wyred4Sound amps with their JTR speakers? If so, what are your impressions?
Yup,I have a D-sonic M2 1000 x 7 (Ice modules)

Best amp I've owned. Sounds great has tons of power for my 215s.

I use a D-Sonic 400x7 on my JTRs. Love it. Pascal modules with a custom input buffer.
Any issues with hiss for you guys? Are yours 26db or 32db gain? Also, are you on dedicated circuits split amongst your system?

I’ve got 212T for LR and 228HT for the rest. I’m leaning towards M3A-3200-5, am I crazy for going for the 1350w for the front stage rather than 800w?

Reactions: ScottieBoysName

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Ya, it's about 8 years old now or so.

It's probably the only amp Ive ever had that I have no plans on upgrading lol.

I also have some ncore 400s, class D audio 470s (4 channel for Atmos)

And a few others that are kicking around.

Although I can't say those 2 x 2500 watt monos haven't caught my attention....

What do you think of the NCore 400s?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Any issues with hiss for you guys? Are yours 26db or 32db gain? Also, are you on dedicated circuits split amongst your system?

I’ve got 212T for LR and 228HT for the rest. I’m leaning towards M3A-3200-5, am I crazy for going for the 1350w for the front stage rather than 800w?

I get a liiittle bit of noise - but it’s happening when I plug my projector in. So, I’d say it’s not related to my amp. I have the 26db gain.

I’m rolling the 2800-7, so 400x7 into 8ohms. My front stage is JTR 212RTs on the L/R, and 212HTR Center.

They’re all 4ohm so, whatever the D-Sonic spits out into 4ohms is my front stage.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
What do you think of the NCore 400s?
They are great! I use them around the house when I move stuff around.
Had them in the HT for a while before I got my class D audio amp. The Ice modules have way more power though. I can find the limits on my 215s when there is lots of bass present.

They sound really good though.Id fully recommend them to anyone other than someone like myselfs HT lol

·
Registered
7,783 Posts

No hiss for me. 26dB gain. And no, I'd go for the 1350w front stage as well.

39621 - 39640 of 40634 Posts