AVS Forum banner

39761 - 39780 of 40632 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
How do you like the 110s? Have 210s on the way and was thinking about the 110s for surrounds. Thinking my Volt 8s won't do the job with the 210 front sound stage. Another question, how do you like the 8805? I am still using a 7702mkll and am thinking about an upgrade and the 8805 and Anthem is on the list. Very nice set up and thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk
They still haven't been delivered - Jeff called me yesterday to say he was going to do more tweaking and improve the sound of the 212s....so, I won't have them for another 2 weeks, maybe a few days less. Will be 4-5 weeks without nice speakers...rough!! haha.

But I love my Marantz - I never had a separate piece from the before this, I went from Marantz AVR to Yamahah pre/pro to this. I remember when I bought it, the dealer sent me a list of all the upgrades from the 8802 and it was astonishing. It sounds much better than the Yamaha did previously, so I have never really thought about upgrading...though in this hobby, I'm sure I will soon :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
They still haven't been delivered - Jeff called me yesterday to say he was going to do more tweaking and improve the sound of the 212s....so, I won't have them for another 2 weeks, maybe a few days less. Will be 4-5 weeks without nice speakers...rough!! haha.

But I love my Marantz - I never had a separate piece from the before this, I went from Marantz AVR to Yamahah pre/pro to this. I remember when I bought it, the dealer sent me a list of all the upgrades from the 8802 and it was astonishing. It sounds much better than the Yamaha did previously, so I have never really thought about upgrading...though in this hobby, I'm sure I will soon :)
I have had an Onkyo pre and the last 2 pre-pros have been Marantz though I hear great things about the Anthem avm60s sound and ARC eq format. Jeff said my 210rt's and 210rm were finished Thursday so look forward to hearing them, probably a big step up from the 1099's. Now to decide if I want him to add 2 110s to the shipment.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I have had an Onkyo pre and the last 2 pre-pros have been Marantz though I hear great things about the Anthem avm60s sound and ARC eq format. Jeff said my 210rt's and 210rm were finished Thursday so look forward to hearing them, probably a big step up from the 1099's. Now to decide if I want him to add 2 110s to the shipment.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
I would! I wasn't going to - but I figured since I'm upgrading eventually it made sense because I wouldn't have to pay shipping twice :)

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
How do you like the 110s? Have 210s on the way and was thinking about the 110s for surrounds. Thinking my Volt 8s won't do the job with the 210 front sound stage. Another question, how do you like the 8805? I am still using a 7702mkll and am thinking about an upgrade and the 8805 and Anthem is on the list. Very nice set up and thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk
The volt 8’s will be perfectly fine, they are just as efficient as the 210’s. I use volt 8’s with 215RT’s and 212HTR’s. They keep up fine up to reference and above.

Reactions: mcallister

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,750 Posts
The volt 8’s will be perfectly fine, they are just as efficient as the 210’s. I use volt 8’s with 215RT’s and 212HTR’s. They keep up fine up to reference and above.
Any interest in another Pittsburgh area G2G?

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,750 Posts
Cool, I'm free almost every weekend....unavailable every 5th weekend.

Depending on the theme, I can bring either subs or speakers:

BMS18n862 sealed x 2 w/NX6000d
Revel F36 speakers.
DCM bookshelf speakers(they sound stupid good for $80/pair)

Depending on interest.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Cool, I'm free almost every weekend....unavailable every 5th weekend.

Depending on the theme, I can bring either subs or speakers:

BMS18n862 sealed x 2 w/NX6000d
Revel F36 speakers.
DCM bookshelf speakers(they sound stupid good for $80/pair)

Depending on interest.
Sounds good.

I will post back in the Pittsburgh GTG thread

·
Registered
110 Posts
Any 212HT/HTR owners in Houston Texas area? Looking forward to Demo either of these 2 speakers if possible! 🙏

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Any 212HT/HTR owners in Houston Texas area? Looking forward to Demo either of these 2 speakers if possible! 🙏

I moved from the 212 HTR to the 215RM. I wish I would have just stayed with the 212 as I don't really think I gained much and I really...really liked the 212. My theater is a bit in transition right now but if you wanted to hear a JTR theater, I could give you a demo. But....I think they are great speakers and worth the cost. My front 3 are behind the screen. I live on the north side off 45 in the woodlands area.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I moved from the 212 HTR to the 215RM. I wish I would have just stayed with the 212 as I don't really think I gained much and I really...really liked the 212. My theater is a bit in transition right now but if you wanted to hear a JTR theater, I could give you a demo. But....I think they are great speakers and worth the cost. My front 3 are behind the screen. I live on the north side off 45 in the woodlands area.
Looking at your "before" and "after" pics, it looks like your 212 HTR's are not ported? Was the older version of these speakers sealed, or am I missing something?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Looking at your "before" and "after" pics, it looks like your 212 HTR's are not ported? Was the older version of these speakers sealed, or am I missing something?

Thanks
Jeff used to sell a 212HT and 212LP. The LP was sealed.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Jeff used to sell a 212HT and 212LP. The LP was sealed.
That explains it! Thank you.

I'm deciding between the 210RM's and 212HTR's for a new HT. Similar specs and both crazy efficient. I tend to gravitate toward sealed, especially when combining with subs.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
That explains it! Thank you.

I'm deciding between the 210RM's and 212HTR's for a new HT. Similar specs and both crazy efficient. I tend to gravitate toward sealed, especially when combining with subs.
It shouldn’t matter really - most of my systems are ported speakers to sealed subs and never had an issue. I think the 212HTR’s are more efficient than Jeff rates them. Used to be rated at 101db but data-bass did a test and they are like 105 in some areas.

If space is an issue then the 210RM should be great but if you can fit them I would say go for the 212’s.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
In the middle of building a new website. Most update info. is on our Facebook page. The new Noesis 110HT and Noesis 110HT-SL (slanted) have been shipping.
Is Audioholics going to post a review on your speakers?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Got the new center channel and rear surrounds setup, and they sound great.

Was hoping to get some measurements done, but I've been having trouble with my front sub again. The amp broke again last weekend. I was able to get it started again yesterday by plugging it into a different outlet, but I made the mistake of touching the cord this morning and it broke again :laugh:

Was planning on getting some good measurements and getting all the new speakers dialed in, but seems kinda pointless to do it now with only the rear sub working. Will have to wait I suppose, but they sound great already, even with no setup, so I'm sure they measure well.

39761 - 39780 of 40632 Posts