AVS Forum banner

40221 - 40240 of 40634 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone have a jtr speaker horizontal a little lower then the L&R channels like in a traditional in front of screen setup? Trying to decide wether to build a frame for screen and go AT with 3 equal towers behind or save som money for now and go horizontal JTR below screen.
I have this setup, it works fine. If I ever go AT, I can stand the 210RM vertical.

Jeff built the horizontal stand for the RM as well, so it looks nice :)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Anyone have a jtr speaker horizontal a little lower then the L&R channels like in a traditional in front of screen setup? Trying to decide wether to build a frame for screen and go AT with 3 equal towers behind or save som money for now and go horizontal JTR below screen.
I do. Works, looks and sounds fantastic!

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well I just took the plunge! I ordered 3 of the 212rt’s and 6 of the 110’s in red cherry to match my red cherry Seaton F18’s that I ordered earlier in the week. Can’t wait!!

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Yeah, same. I was told June 13th. I ordered 2 weeks ago. Being excited and the hype is part of the fun. Just trying to enjoy it.
PM me your number - I see phase 1 here in Vegas is starting Saturday? Me and my fiance might come to your shop

·
Premium Member
627 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Reactions: hotbeef

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does anyone know why Jeff may have gone with a TWW (tweeter woofer woofer) design with the 210RT over the WTW (woofer tweeter woofer) design of all his other speakers? I don't know much about speaker design but I would guess is that WTW is better simply because all his other speakers are WTW, but then why did he go with TWW with the 210RT? He could've went with WTW with the 210RT too. Just trying to learn, and perhaps spark an interesting discussion.

I'll tag him if he wants to answer. @Jeff Permanian

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does anyone know why Jeff may have gone with a TWW (tweeter woofer woofer) design with the 210RT over the WTW (woofer tweeter woofer) design of all his other speakers? I don't know much about speaker design but I would guess is that WTW is better simply because all his other speakers are WTW, but then why did he go with TWW with the 210RT? He could've went with WTW with the 210RT too. Just trying to learn, and perhaps spark an interesting discussion.

I'll tag him if he wants to answer. @Jeff Permanian
Mainly to keep the tweeter height position more in line with the listener’s ears.

Reactions: llang269

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mainly to keep the tweeter height position more in line with the listener’s ears.
Ah, didn't think of that, the tweeter would be lower if it was a WTM design. For those who are interested, I have attached a picture which shows the height (and tweeter height) differences between the 215RT, 212RT and 210RT.

Does anyone know what brand of woofer is used for the 212 and/or 210? Looking at the surrounds, the woofers on the 212RT look like a pro-audio type of driver, whereas the woofers on the 215 and 210 have a more "typical" surround.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ah, didn't think of that, the tweeter would be lower if it was a WTM design. For those who are interested, I have attached a picture which shows the height (and tweeter height) differences between the 215RT, 212RT and 210RT.

Does anyone know what brand of woofer is used for the 212 and/or 210? Looking at the surrounds, the woofers on the 212RT look like a pro-audio type of driver, whereas the woofers on the 215 and 210 have a more "typical" surround.

This pic blows me away every time! I was really tempted by the 212’s but ultimately ordered the 210’s based off Jeff’s recommendation with my room size. Currently running Klipsch RF-7III’s I’m very excited to get them and see what those babies can do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mainly to keep the tweeter height position more in line with the listener’️s ears.

Trust me all of these towers sound absolutely amazing regardless of the way the woofer looks. The woofers are a proprietary design of Jeffs that was manufactured I believe by Eminence, if I am not mistakened. I have the 110HTs and they keep up very well with my 212RTs. Very powerful, detailed and clear. I always found the pro driver to have an addition quick punch in the mid and upper bass section.

·
Registered
35 Posts
5 Noesis 110HT’s

Thinking of going with 5 Noesis 110HT’s and 2 Cap 2400’s to start in my 20x22 media room. I’ve got a SeymourAV 110” diag ambient light rejecting screen. I’m a big proponent of having 5 identical speakers (at least the same 3 across the front). Then in a couple of years upgrading the front 3 to 212HTR’s and moving 2 of the 110HT’s to Atmos duty down the road. Is anyone running 5 110HT’s?

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Thinking of going with 5 Noesis 110HT’s and 2 Cap 2400’s to start in my 20x22 media room. I’ve got a SeymourAV 110” diag ambient light rejecting screen. I’m a big proponent of having 5 identical speakers (at least the same 3 across the front). Then in a couple of years upgrading the front 3 to 212HTR’s and moving 2 of the 110HT’s to Atmos duty down the road. Is anyone running 5 110HT’s?

Thanks for the feedback!
I haven't hear the 110HTs as front stage. However, I heard them as surrounds.

They will provide a glimpse of what well designed HE speakers sound like. Then you will wonder what Jeff can do when he throws even better components in his speakers.

You won't be disappointed!

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts

Thanks for the feedback!

iirc @Madaeel ordered 12 of them to use all around. Maybe he can chime in.

·
Registered
545 Posts
iirc @Madaeel ordered 12 of them to use all around. Maybe he can chime in.

Actually just finished mounting the last two as rear heights yesterday. Couldn't mount the front height/atmos channels because I didn't realize the angle wouldn't work as well with the slanted 110's but I should fix that next weekend or maybe even during the week. I'll have some impressions and pics later tho @Miketeavee. Needless to say though in a roughly 3500cuft room 9 of these are insane. Oh yah and I almost s*** my pants one day listening to music and so did my dog. :eek:That is if he was capable of wearing pants..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Actually just finished mounting the last two as rear heights yesterday. Couldn't mount the front height/atmos channels because I didn't realize the angle wouldn't work as well with the slanted 110's but I should fix that next weekend or maybe even during the week. I'll have some impressions and pics later tho @Miketeavee. Needless to say though in a roughly 3500cuft room 9 of these are insane. Oh yah and I almost s*** my pants one day listening to music and so did my dog. :eek:That is if he was capable of wearing pants..
Haha! Have you watched any movies yet? Interested in your impressions...I believe my room is a little more than 5000cu ft, because I have 11 foot ceilings going down the middle of the room. Here’s a couple of pics of my room. Excuse the mess, I’m literally in the middle of working on it!

Attachments

40221 - 40240 of 40634 Posts