AVS Forum banner

40281 - 40300 of 40632 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Joined! I’ll post my setup when it arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good! I just shared the link to the Official JTR Speakers Subwoofer Thread too. This could also increase brand awareness of JTR, because a Redditor may check it out when viewing my profile, for example.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds good! I just shared the link to the Official JTR Speakers Subwoofer Thread too. This could also increase brand awareness of JTR, because a Redditor may check it out when viewing my profile, for example.

Nice! Once I get mine, they will be all over my Instagram page which has lots of activity so I can funnel people to the reddit page from there as well

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Hey guys I’m working on saving for a set of jtr speakers (May take me a while with the furloughs etc) and the setup I’m considering is as follows..

Setup 1) 210RM center with 212RT towers

Setup 2) 210RM center with 212HTR LR

Setup 3) 210RM center with 212HT LR

As you can see I’m basically stuck with the 210RM as a center due to size restrictions. I’ve been looking for some good comparisons of the 212 HT ad HTR but couldn’t really find anything. Frequency wise the specs are very similar but I’m guessing the coaxial HF/MF would add a much better 2 channel experience. Can anyone comment on my thoughts above?

I have setup #1 w/ 110s as rears and surrounds...honestly, its overkill for my room. But incredible - its the only JTR speakers I've heard, but I'm in heaven :)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I have setup #1 w/ 110s as rears and surrounds...honestly, its overkill for my room. But incredible - its the only JTR speakers I've heard, but I'm in heaven :)

Oh man rub it in! I’m so jealous! I bet it sounds phenomenal

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Oh man rub it in! I’m so jealous! I bet it sounds phenomenal

haha its so overkill b/c I'm not running dual Rythmik subs in a smallish room w/ shared walls. I bet you would love the 210RT + 210RM combo

Reactions: hotbeef

·
Registered
373 Posts
Anyone have a jtr speaker horizontal a little lower then the L&R channels like in a traditional in front of screen setup? Trying to decide wether to build a frame for screen and go AT with 3 equal towers behind or save som money for now and go horizontal JTR below screen.

I have been running that type of setup for a while now. I used it with T12s and now use it with 212s. I have never had the ability to go with a AT screen so always had to put the center below the screen.

I have a stand I built for the center that is below the projection screen and have it angled slightly upward. I also put felt on the top of the speaker to absorb any light reflections off the speaker.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Considering JTR is now present on all social media, I thought it may be a good idea to create a Telegram Group, that will allow discussion and quick sharing of pictures of our JTR gear. It is a public group, anyone an join: https://t.me/jtrspeakers.

Let's give it a try and see if it works.

For those new to Telegram, it is like WhatsApp, except it is possible to hide phone numbers (Settings > Privacy and Security > Phone Number set to "My Contacts" or "Nobody", instead of "Everyone"), and groups can be as large as 200,000 participants. Several flashlight and other EDC gear enthusiasts have Telegram groups.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I’m curious if anybody has any comparison thoughts on the 110HT vs the 228HT. I have been running the 228HT (from 2013) in my living room setup, but want to get them back in my family room as the surrounds (where they belong). I’d like to go on wall to gain some additional floor space back, and am leaning towards the 110HT-SL.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I doubt the 110HT would be as good as the 228HT for mains. If you don't mind the space, I would go with the 228HTR (same as yours but with the better CD).
I’m curious if anybody has any comparison thoughts on the 110HT vs the 228HT. I have been running the 228HT (from 2013) in my living room setup, but want to get them back in my family room as the surrounds (where they belong). I’d like to go on wall to gain some additional floor space back, and am leaning towards the 110HT-SL.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I sent an email to Jeff this morning and am waiting on a response.

I’ve been leaving the covers off of my 110HT because I really like the look of the drivers, so does the wife.

We had a few kids over yesterday and someone decided to push in one of the dust covers. I didn't think any of the little boogers were even in the living room.

Is there anyway to fix this? Possible to remove the driver and push it back out? If it can’t be fixed will it impact performance?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

I’ve been leaving the covers off of my 110HT because I really like the look of the drivers, so does the wife.

We had a few kids over yesterday and someone decided to push in one of the dust covers. I didn't think any of the little boogers were even in the living room.

Is there anyway to fix this? Possible to remove the driver and push it back out? If it can’t be fixed will it impact performance?

Use a vaccum or a shop vac and suck it back out .. it may still have minor creases but it would look better..

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
^^^^^
This!!

If that doesn’t work you could remove the driver and compression driver and push it out from the inside.

If you don’t want to do that a small thin pin may work.

It will not affect performance.

Keep the covers on!!! To a kid that is a big button begging to be pushed.

·
Registered
186 Posts

Prophylactic measures are always the best, I've found stapling their feet to the floor heads off a lot of problems.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
A dented in dust cover doesn't generally effect the sound. Another method is to use a strip of scotch or duct tape or something similar, stick it to the center of the dust cap and see if you can pull it back to its original shape.

A little vid for some ideas.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I’️ve been leaving the covers off of my 110HT because I really like the look of the drivers, so does the wife.

Is there anyway to fix this? Possible to remove the driver and push it back out? If it can’️t be fixed will it impact performance?

My 3 year old just did this! I used some gaffers tape as i had it laying around to pull it back. It looks just as new. Make sure you use a high strength tape that does leave residue behind as you peel it off. Took me about 20 seconds. My daughter also managed to use my punch hole tool to autograph her name on top of the cabinet but thats another issue I may just live with. They’ll be hidden in a column so no problem. Good luck!

40281 - 40300 of 40632 Posts