AVS Forum banner

40341 - 40360 of 40599 Posts

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
Wooohoo!! Finally joined the JTR family! These truly are the real deal. Resolution is crazy good. Dynamics and headroom for days!! As a side note to anyone looking at JTR, make sure the rest of your system (I.E. subs, surrounds, Atmos, etc) can keep up! They’ll definitely be exposed if they can’t.
Nice!! :cool: Are you still running the 5400's for subs?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Nice!! :cool: Are you still running the 5400's for subs?
Yep! Still have the quads going. I also added a couple of Crowsons into the mix a few years back. :cool:

Reactions: carp

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wooohoo!! Finally joined the JTR family! These truly are the real deal. Resolution is crazy good. Dynamics and headroom for days!! As a side note to anyone looking at JTR, make sure the rest of your system (I.E. subs, surrounds, Atmos, etc) can keep up! They’ll definitely be exposed if they can’t.
Congrats mate, I bet those sound ridiculous with the quad LMS ultras. :eeksurprise:

·
Registered
110 Posts

Congrats man! Did you finally get the 1099’s sold!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks amazing. Which speakers from JTR are those?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wooohoo!! Finally joined the JTR family! These truly are the real deal. Resolution is crazy good. Dynamics and headroom for days!! As a side note to anyone looking at JTR, make sure the rest of your system (I.E. subs, surrounds, Atmos, etc) can keep up! They’️ll definitely be exposed if they can’️t.
To me they look like the older Noesis 212-LP which were sealed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They look stunning. I bet they really rock. Where can one pick up a set now with Jeff’s new speaker designs out?

·
Registered
122 Posts
They look stunning. I bet they really rock. Where can one pick up a set now with Jeff’️s new speaker designs out?
Great sounding speakers! You can either find them on AVS Classified (if available) or you can contact Jeff to see if he can still build them for you but I am not sure if he will charge you a design fee. I know the new Noesis 212TX should be somewhat comparable from his pro line. All his stuff looks and sounds great. I just want to keep buying more but must resist! 🙂

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
It's pretty crazy eh? You definitely get the "this is what I've been missing" type of feeling.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Congrats mate, I bet those sound ridiculous with the quad LMS ultras. :eeksurprise:
Thanks man!!!

Congrats man! Did you finally get the 1099’s sold!?

Thanks! Still have the 1099’s actually. I have an offer on them I’m looking into. Just kind of depends on what shipping costs will be. I’m thinking of just using them as surrounds if they don’t sell. lol

It’s my understanding they were a custom built set by Jeff. Essentially a sealed version of today’s 212HTR’s

Pretty much. But I think there were some slight differences. :)

It's pretty crazy eh? You definitely get the "this is what I've been missing" type of feeling.
Yeah it’s pretty wild bro. The dynamics are something you just have to experience. Reading about it doesn’t do it justice. lol

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Thanks man!!!

Thanks! Still have the 1099’s actually. I have an offer on them I’m looking into. Just kind of depends on what shipping costs will be. I’m thinking of just using them as surrounds if they don’t sell. lol

It’s my understanding they were a custom built set by Jeff. Essentially a sealed version of today’s 212HTR’s

Pretty much. But I think there were some slight differences. :)

Yeah it’s pretty wild bro. The dynamics are something you just have to experience. Reading about it doesn’t do it justice. lol
Now you know! Ha! I think I text you to watch Den of Thieves. Or any of the Wick movies...you will finally hear gunshots

Reactions: chucky7

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just ran Punisher through my system. The low bass starts with less than a minute to go and is a descending sound from 25 Hz down to ~8 Hz.

Wow! I knew it was low, but that's awesome to see. Always glad to see musical content with ULF to put these subs to work. It also kinda confirms what I was hearing(or not hearing) with the 4 12 inch Infinity subs in my bedroom. I could hear it, but barely, and it just didn't sound the same. I'm guessing I was probably hearing the 20-25Hz part, but the ULF stuff was missing, and that's why it sounded(and felt) so much better with the S2s in the main room. The frequency is so low(and slow) that it's like you can feel the individual crests and troughs of the wave passing through your body.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Which model are these?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks man!!!

how would you compare them to the 1099?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Which model are these?

It’s my understanding that these were a custom design. Something along the lines of the 212HT-lp. They’re essentially a sealed version of today’s 212HTR’s is another way to put it.

how would you compare them to the 1099?
They have a very similar sound to each other in my opinion. But the JTR’s definitely turned things up a few notches. The detail and resolution of the CD was probably the biggest difference for me. Overall I feel like they have more in common than they are different. Also we can’t forget about the price differences involved here as well. Can’t go wrong with either one. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Has anyone heard from Jeff lately? I’ve tried email, calling and texting but haven’t been able to reach him. I’m sure he’s still slammed, I was just trying to check status since I’m right at the two months from order time so I’m getting super antsy to play with my new toys!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone heard from Jeff lately? I’ve tried email, calling and texting but haven’t been able to reach him. I’m sure he’s still slammed, I was just trying to check status since I’m right at the two months from order time so I’m getting super antsy to play with my new toys!
Same boat - haven't heard anything back for a couple of weeks regarding an April order. Hearing all of the great things about Jeff's floorstanding speakers has me hyped so I'm hoping they ship soon! Then I can divert my attention to finding someone to help me get those big boys into my house haha.

Today is the last day of the Hi Fi Summit so maybe that's been a factor.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same boat - haven't heard anything back for a couple of weeks regarding an April order. Hearing all of the great things about Jeff's floorstanding speakers has me hyped so I'm hoping they ship soon! Then I can divert my attention to finding someone to help me get those big boys into my house haha.

Today is the last day of the Hi Fi Summit so maybe that's been a factor.

Oh damn, you are ahead of me then! I ordered start of May

40341 - 40360 of 40599 Posts