AVS Forum banner

40381 - 40400 of 40631 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm also in the queue and playing the waiting game! ;)

My order is for:-
- 3 x 212RT
- 4 x 110HT
- 2 x Cap 4000ULF-TL

I originally placed my order April 10th, with an expected ship date of June 5th.

By the beginning of May, Covid-19 shut down the cabinet maker and the date got pushed to end of June. (I also added another sub to my order and changed 210RTs to the 212RTs!).

I spoke to Jeff last week and he said that he was still trying to get my speakers built by the end of June. I'm sure he is getting calls and emails from us all eagerly awaiting our new toys, so I'm trying not to bother him.

Hopefully very soon!!!

Can I come to your house??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Been doing a lot of direct comparisons with my JTR 210s(Emotiva T2+, Revel M105, JBL 308p, Infinity R263, Infinity Beta 20). By far, the thing that stands out to me most, is just how much more clear and detailed they are. And by "detailed" I don't mean elevated treble, the JBLs and the Infinities actually have more treble energy, but the JTRs are still more detailed. I think it's due to the dispersion width. I had thought I was a wide dispersion fan, but the more direct comparisons I do, the more I'm starting to favor the narrow dispersion the JTRs provide. It's just so much more clear; it's like putting on contacts for your ears.

You have the 210HT’s? I plan on getting them next

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Haha! My wife might kick me out once I fire those Captivator 4000s up!
Moving up from a single 15" to 2x dual 18"s!
You're in for such a treat! We have the same 7 speakers but I'm running dual G25Hps from Rythmik. I switched from a big Martin Logan setup...insane difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I heard from Jeff. He said he has all the components ready to go but is waiting on the cabinets. He said he would reach out to them and let me know. 🤞
Hey buddy. Did you ever happen to hear back about the cabinets? Just wondering - I'm really just trying to get any sense of when these bad boys might be sitting in my living room. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey buddy. Did you ever happen to hear back about the cabinets? Just wondering - I'm really just trying to get any sense of when these bad boys might be sitting in my living room. :)
No, unfortunately. I have started to go into annoying mode asking for updates. I asked on Thursday if he had a chance to call the cabinet shop and I haven't heard back. I know they will be worth the wait but its starting to drag.

On one hand, I feel lucky to even have a company like JTR. There really isn't a fallback that meets the same goals. PSA is as good as a second option gets and that's not going to work. On the other hand, I wish Jeff would reach out to let me know what's going on instead of me pestering him. I feel like an annoying customer.

Ehhh, frustrating but yeah, I do know it'll be worth the wait. Please let me know if you hear anything!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wish Jeff would reach out to let me know what's going on instead of me pestering him. I feel like an annoying customer.
I feel your pain!
I'm sure Jeff is working his butt off trying to get these orders fulfilled, but a regular update would be very much appreciated.
He needs a deli counter style widget on the website - Now shipping orders placed on xxx date. ;)

I don't mind the waiting as much as the not knowing what's happening.
Tbh, if the hold up is getting cabinets, then he may be as much in the dark as we are.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No, unfortunately. I have started to go into annoying mode asking for updates. I asked on Thursday if he had a chance to call the cabinet shop and I haven't heard back. I know they will be worth the wait but its starting to drag.

On one hand, I feel lucky to even have a company like JTR. There really isn't a fallback that meets the same goals. PSA is as good as a second option gets and that's not going to work. On the other hand, I wish Jeff would reach out to let me know what's going on instead of me pestering him. I feel like an annoying customer.

Ehhh, frustrating but yeah, I do know it'll be worth the wait. Please let me know if you hear anything!
Thanks for the response - that stinks. Yeah that's essentially where I'm at, as well.

I know it will be worth the wait and am generally understanding when it comes to lead times and delays, etc., but the anticipation (and boredom from a lot of activities being paused with the virus) without updates is getting difficult lol. We're only human!

I mainly just don't want to be sitting here in another week or two and then find out the cabinet shop closed again because of Covid, and then we're looking at a September+ ETA. That would suck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I feel your pain!
I'm sure Jeff is working his butt off trying to get these orders fulfilled, but a regular update would be very much appreciated.
He needs a deli counter style widget on the website - Now shipping orders placed on xxx date. ;)

I don't mind the waiting as much as the not knowing what's happening.
Tbh, if the hold up is getting cabinets, then he may be as much in the dark as we are.
Agree with you on the widget. Honestly some sort of order management system would probably save a lot of random emails from people - just a dashboard where status is changed as the orders move from submitted, to production, to produced, to shipped alone would probably save a lot of headaches. I used to work with a programming team and we used a platform where different tickets were managed with status categories and notes - once we implemented it, we rarely had to communicate with one another directly and my email volume dropped by 75%.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You guys do know Jeff is a one man operation! If he added the stuff you guys are suggesting, he would have to raise his prices. How about having a little patience and let Jeff work at his pace to produce these great products. Btw I’m waiting on a 9 speaker order and will wait for Jeff to let me know when they are ready!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
You guys do know Jeff is a one man operation! If he added the stuff you guys are suggesting, he would have to raise his prices. How about having a little patience and let Jeff work at his pace to produce these great products. Btw I’m waiting on a 9 speaker order and will wait for Jeff to let me know when they are ready!!
I hear what you're saying and definitely appreciate it. No doubt running a business solo is challenging. Just pointing out an order management system could add a lot of efficiency at a minimal cost. Software as a service can be very reasonably priced and scalable based on the # of users, etc. If anything, automation and software solutions can make the one-person management model far more sustainable/scalable.

Keep in mind not everyone who orders is necessarily on this forum to be informed on expectations regarding communication and lead times. If an order system prevents a single cancellation/dispute from a less informed customer, it would likely pay for itself for a year or more. This is just customer feedback - it seems like JTR's popularity is increasing so this type of feedback is the kind of stuff companies literally pay for. It's very valuable and meant in good faith.

Someone else raised the idea of the on-site widget so I was just adding onto that point!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Someone else raised the idea of the on-site widget so I was just adding onto that point!
That was me. It was a little tongue-in-cheek, and I'm very aware that Jeff is juggling a lot as a solo operator. That's the point though isn't it. We don't want to bother Jeff for status updates, we'd all much rather that he was focused on doing what he is best at - making great speakers. A simple status update on the webpage would keep people informed and prevent him from fielding a ton of "when is my stuff going to be ready" type emails.

Personally I'm trying to be patient and not add to his inbox, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to get an update from time to time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That was me. It was a little tongue-in-cheek, and I'm very aware that Jeff is juggling a lot as a solo operator. That's the point though isn't it. We don't want to bother Jeff for status updates, we'd all much rather that he was focused on doing what he is best at - making great speakers. A simple status update on the webpage would keep people informed and prevent him from fielding a ton of "when is my stuff going to be ready" type emails.

Personally I'm trying to be patient and not add to his inbox, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to get an update from time to time.
Yep exactly. That's the point - the deli counter characterization is funny but there's nothing wrong with constructive feedback regarding communication. Again, at a certain point when the brand is being promoted through Youthman and gaining popularity, it could become very important to be aware of the possibility of an order management system. And agree - expressing a desire for an update should not be stigmatized as impatience; that benefits nobody.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I hear what you're saying and definitely appreciate it. No doubt running a business solo is challenging. Just pointing out an order management system could add a lot of efficiency at a minimal cost. Software as a service can be very reasonably priced and scalable based on the # of users, etc. If anything, automation and software solutions can make the one-person management model far more sustainable/scalable.

Keep in mind not everyone who orders is necessarily on this forum to be informed on expectations regarding communication and lead times. If an order system prevents a single cancellation/dispute from a less informed customer, it would likely pay for itself for a year or more. This is just customer feedback - it seems like JTR's popularity is increasing so this type of feedback is the kind of stuff companies literally pay for. It's very valuable and meant in good faith.

For sure. I think most of have been over every page of the site, or post in this thread, or seen the Youthman video tour – and, I think most of us can agree Jeff is a true artist. And, you really can't rush art.

But, most e-commerce platforms these days have integrated cart/checkout/account management built in the backend and if time is money, and for Jeff, time is art, there is the option of saving a lot of time with automated emails and updates.

The bottom line, I will sit here in my barren theater room and wait until the end of time for a JTR masterpiece. They will sound that much sweeter.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You have the 210HT’s? I plan on getting them next

Personally, I'm glad Jeff steered me towards the 210s instead of the 212s or 215s. I live alone, and I've spent 100+ hours moving these speakers around the room to totally optimize the sound. I'm not sure I'd be capable of moving the 212s or the 215s around on my own. I'd probably just set them once and keep them there. If I lived with other that could help, I'd probably prefer the 212 or 215.

·
Registered
471 Posts
For sure. I think most of have been over every page of the site, or post in this thread, or seen the Youthman video tour – and, I think most of us can agree Jeff is a true artist. And, you really can't rush art.

But, most e-commerce platforms these days have integrated cart/checkout/account management built in the backend and if time is money, and for Jeff, time is art, there is the option of saving a lot of time with automated emails and updates.

The bottom line, I will sit here in my barren theater room and wait until the end of time for a JTR masterpiece. They will sound that much sweeter.
Based on my interactions with him, the Youthman video drastically increased his orders, and probably more so than he can handle in a timely manner. Trust me, though, they're worth the wait.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Personally, I'm glad Jeff steered me towards the 210s instead of the 212s or 215s. I live alone, and I've spent 100+ hours moving these speakers around the room to totally optimize the sound. I'm not sure I'd be capable of moving the 212s or the 215s around on my own. I'd probably just set them once and keep them there. If I lived with other that could help, I'd probably prefer the 212 or 215.

Hav who I posted your setup on here?

40381 - 40400 of 40631 Posts