AVS Forum banner

14281 - 14300 of 15547 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts

WOW :eek:.

I can't say it enough...WOW :eek: awesome theater @SOWK. Simply amazing room.

Thanks @youthman for the great video.

Femi

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
5,779 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thanks Femi. I was nervous for sure, but I think the video turned out awesome. Youthman did a fantastic job.
Thank you @femi. @SOWK has an absolutely incredible setup! I'm grateful to have experienced it and be able to share it with the world.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Is anyone running the 3200W version of the 2400ULF? Curious on the feedback on this compared to the standard 2400W version.
When all else being equal, every time you double the amplication, you gain 3dB. Therefore, going with the 3200W amp would give you about 1dB more output vs the standard 2400W 2400ULF.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Son of a b*tch! Why does my HT suddenly feel woefully inadequate?
Time to review a full JTR setup?:devil:

6 months to a year, maybe more, just to make sure to give a fair and in depth review!:D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Time to review a full JTR setup?:devil:

6 months to a year, maybe more, just to make sure to give a fair and in depth review!:D
Wouldn’t that be nice? Dude has some serious $$ invested in that setup. I am definitely envious. I guess I may just have to settle for a couple of 2400’s...maybe. :D

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3HFMXy-mo

WOW :eek:.

I can't say it enough...WOW :eek: awesome theater @SOWK. Simply amazing room.

Thanks @youthman for the great video.

Femi
Thank you @femi. @SOWK has an absolutely incredible setup! I'm grateful to have experienced it and be able to share it with the world.
WOW, is right! Very nice setup!

Impressive room you have.
Wouldn’t that be nice? Dude has some serious $$ invested in that setup. I am definitely envious. I guess I may just have to settle for a couple of 2400’s...maybe. :D
You know the best part? There's literally no hyperbole in that video or Youthman's narrative. The theater just looks, sounds, and feels that impressive. And that's before I've had had a chance to visit with the extra subwoofers and the surprise air feature.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The 2020 port is actually larger that the 2019 which was tested by Data-Bass and has the same area as a 5" diameter port. There is a misconception that the lower the tuning the larger the port however this isn't true and in fact the opposite. Port velocity has to do with output level. With a given driver and cabinet volume a higher tuning would produce higher output and a larger port would be needed.
Thanks Jeff. What advantage does the 2400 ULF have over its baby brother the regular 2400? Can I flip the 2400 ULF over and have the woofer up high and will it be stable? I think my room will like the woofers up high better.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You know the best part? There's literally no hyperbole in that video or Youthman's narrative. The theater just looks, sounds, and feels that impressive. And that's before I've had had a chance to visit with the extra subwoofers and the surprise air feature.
Yeah, that feature is the icing on the cake in that room. It’s now like an amusement park attraction. Lol

Reactions: giomania

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Thanks Femi. I was nervous for sure, but I think the video turned out awesome. Youthman did a fantastic job.
Very very nice SOWK. You mentioned you experienced D-box in Texas before deciding to persuade it in your own theater, was it at Brandon thxman's place in Frisco?

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
5,779 Posts
Very very nice SOWK. You mentioned you experienced D-box in Texas before deciding to persuade it in your own theater, was it at Brandon thxman's place in Frisco?

Absolutely! He was such an amazing host to me and PennyNike1

He has a truly great system as well!

Trinnov, Alcons, D-Box, Seaton subs! Very very well done.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
^^ Cool, I was fortunate to experience his system at his gtg a little over 2 years ago and it was an eyes and ears opening along with body motion experience. I did not realize that you are in WI or I would ask if I could demo your system. I was at Lbrown105's place (perhaps you are not far from him) checking out his JTR system with 3 Orbit shifters :eek::D

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
5,779 Posts
^^ Cool, I was fortunate to experience his system at his gtg a little over 2 years ago and it was an eyes and ears opening along with body motion experience. I did not realize that you are in WI or I would ask if I could demo your system. I was at Lbrown105's place (perhaps you are not far from him) checking out his JTR system with 3 Orbit shifters :eek::D

Yeah LBrown105 moved and just hosted a GTG in Feb 2020. (about 3 mins from his old house)

We have been friends for a while now.

I'm only about 35 mins away from him.

and he has 4 Orbit Shifters now!!! :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi from the UK.

Just wanted to heap some praise on SOWK home cinema, I’m subscribed to Youthman and watched his video of your set up this morning, cheered me up while I’m self isolating due Coronavirus.

Highlight for me was the D-box seats..!

Amazing room well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
You are not alone Jim...:) I really liked the experience all the way headed to the theatre. Had me smiling...and then the theatre, wow, what fire power and set up of seats, screen size and projector...I need a basement in Texas!!

14281 - 14300 of 15547 Posts