AVS Forum banner

14701 - 14720 of 14731 Posts

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
this is the method im using to adjust my gamma, as explained in the instrution, im i missing something alse?
and after ii have finished and exit the programs , im measuring the actaul result of the gamma that have just edited in the projector with calman to confirm.
View attachment 3119681
As mentioned previously, you may be adjusting the gamma correctly, but until you set the projector itself in the Import mode, whatever you adjust won’t get used.

·
Registered
745 Posts
As mentioned previously, you may be adjusting the gamma correctly, but until you set the projector itself in the Import mode, whatever you adjust won’t get used.
Dominic this is where it gets interesting 😀 , i honestly don't see any import option in the gamma section or any where in my x7900 menu. normaly the import option should be under the gamma section in the projector menu, right?

·
Registered
JVC NX5 at 140", Denon X4200W (5.1.2) with Axiom Audio speakers + Bass Shakers
2,684 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
That depends on the lamp and the projector. In the HighBright mode I get the following readings from two different lamps (R/G/B):
Lamp1: 160/176/193; ~170 nits
Lamp2: 160/195/192; ~190 nits

In both cases I get about 150 nits after calibration, but that represents a 12% “loss” for lamp1 and 21% “loss” for lamp2.
Dominic you get 150 nits after calibration??? That’s a fantastic number! What screen size and gain? I am impressed

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
My NX5 was doing about 2050 lumens in high bright mode, close throw, and about 1550 lumens after calibration which is a 25% drop.
Is the 1550 with or without the filter? If you check the RGB values of HighBright, the calibrated nits should be close to lowest number (usually R).

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Is the 1550 with or without the filter? If you check the RGB values of HighBright, the calibrated nits should be close to lowest number (usually R).

Which filter? This was an NX5 with no wide filter.

This was 1550 lumens in user1 white balanced to D65 and where according to DisplayCAL my NX5 was achieving around 94% P3.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Could someone point me to the instructions to use an i1Display with the Auotcal version for the RS540 series? Would it work with a C6 (which think is just a certified or customized i1display sold through Spectracal a the time.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Could someone point me to the instructions to use an i1Display with the Auotcal version for the RS540 series? Would it work with a C6 (which think is just a certified or customized i1display sold through Spectracal a the time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Scroll down and "accept" for the manual download.
Edit: I see you're using an alternative meter, so ignore.
Calibration Software Download for DLA-X990R, DLA-X790R, DLA-X590R, DLA-X9900BE, DLA-X7900BE, DLA-X7900WE, DLA-X5900BE, DLA-X5900WE, DLA-X918, DLA-X818, DLA-X618, DLA-X518, DLA-RS640, DLA-RS540, DLA-RS440, DLA-20LTD | JVC (jvckenwood.com)

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
So no go with the C6?
As you said yourself, the C6 is just a customized i1D3 and should work the same way, at least with the ArgyllCMS driver.

·
Registered
745 Posts
was wondering can i force the X7900 to automatically switch into BT.2020 color spcae mode when fed an SDR/BT.2020 signal?, i setup user1 to use BT.2020 but didn't work, so far it will only switch when the signal is HDR/BT.2020

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
was wondering can i force the X7900 to automatically switch into BT.2020 color spcae mode when fed an SDR/BT.2020 signal?, i setup user1 to use BT.2020 but didn't work, so far it will only switch when the signal is HDR/BT.2020
You will need an HDFury device such as the Vertex2. madVR can probably do it too, but only when you‘re using it as the source.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Yes, use an HTPC with Madvr, there is no better way. The tone mapping is beyond the JVC N series as well.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes, use an HTPC with Madvr, there is no better way. The tone mapping is beyond the JVC N series as well.
that is what im using , a gamer laptop with madvr. v130, doing the tone mapping and sending it as sdr/bt2020 to the projector, the projector would receive the incoming sdr/bt.2020 signal allirght (have confirmed that under the info.)but it will not switch into bt.2020 automatically , i have to do it from the remote.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
that is what im using , a gamer laptop with madvr. v130, doing the tone mapping and sending it as sdr/bt2020 to the projector, the projector would receive the incoming sdr/bt.2020 signal allirght (have confirmed that under the info.)but it will not switch into bt.2020 automatically , i have to do it from the remote.
It won't auto switch colour profile, it will only switch to HDR, I misread your post. They way I have it done is I created a profile in the PJ called DTM that has the correct settings and its one press of a button.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
In madVR, under device properties, set up IP control with your JVC IP.

Then in madVR set up 2 profiles that include the "screen config" and "calibration" sections, one for rec709 and one for BT.2020. Then write a profile group rule that selects the BT.2020 profile if the video is HDR, else rec709 profile.

In the JVC, set up 2 lens memories / installation modes, one with rec709 and one with BT.2020 color profile.

Then you projector will automatically switch color profiles when playing HDR vs SDR source through madVR.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
In madVR, under device properties, set up IP control with your JVC IP.

Then in madVR set up 2 profiles that include the "screen config" and "calibration" sections, one for rec709 and one for BT.2020. Then write a profile group rule that selects the BT.2020 profile if the video is HDR, else rec709 profile.

In the JVC, set up 2 lens memories / installation modes, one with rec709 and one with BT.2020 color profile.

Then you projector will automatically switch color profiles when playing HDR vs SDR source through madVR.
This worked for me for a while but every now and then madvr screwed up the profiles for some reason causing stutters and more so I abandoned this approach, I am more than happy to press one button each time I start a movie :)

14701 - 14720 of 14731 Posts