AVS Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 14069 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
I get that these new machines don't require the HDFury Linker in order to have DI and HDR, but is it also possible to do SDR WCG? Or does that still require an external unit of some kind? (Or is SDR WCG even desirable at this point?)

Reactions: cemo62

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Thank you for the tips, will try that tonight.
BT
I was using the Harmony with my RS400 and it would always turn it on and would only turn it off if my preamp wasn't turned off first which would break the handshake to the projector resulting in the projector missing that second power off command , when using my PC it would turn the projector off first then the preamp.

·
Registered
18,146 Posts
And the fun begins!! Special delivery via UPS (came double boxed). Today is a good day! :) Thanks a lot to Craig Peer @ AV Science for the prompt customer service in getting this shipped out to me in CA so quickly!! I can't wait to start using it.
I love that new projector smell ! :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just received my RS540 from AVS. If only I had time to set it up today, will need to wait until the weekend. It will be interesting to compare it to the HW40ES I have currently, I am used to the Sony Motion flow and image this will be my first JVC.
I'm going from a hw50es to a rs640 and have the same motion concerns. I'm also wondering how bad the often discussed "JVC flicker" and I fully expect the jvc handshake time to be fun! Anyways, figured I had to just take a leap of faith and assume I'll get used to all these things. Local dealer didn't have JVC projectors setup and show floors are pretty much useless to really judge much anyhow. Mine isn't showing up till Wed, but hopefully I can get it setup by weekend and do my own assessment.

Looking at the other brands, it really felt like a JVC or wait another year and hope somebody comes out with an 18gbps competitive option. I said the hell with waiting though.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Need a few Sony's in there for that........
We also desperately want to see the difference between the xx20 and xx40 series especially eshift 4/5 no need for any Sony for that. We would like to see also if the lens sample on this 9900 is as good as a golden 9500 so we can discount Javs' unit as one off. I need to decide on my LTD order so I really need to see these things ASAP :)

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,006 Posts
Need a few Sony's in there for that........
For the benefit of your good self plus anyone else who might have missed it, specifically this is the list and order of the comparisons that we will be carrying out; wherein, you will note that there are indeed "a few Sony's in there" ;):

COMPARISON #1 :

• JVC RS520/X7500
• JVC RS540/X7900
• JVC RS620/X9500
• JVC RS640/X9900

COMPARISON #2:

• SONY 285ES/260ES
• SONY 385ES/360ES
• JVC RS540/X7900
• JVC RS640/X9900

COMPARISON #3:

• SONY 675ES/550ES
• SONY 885ES/760ES
• JVC RS640/X9900
• JVC RS4500/Z1

COMPARISON #4:

• SONY 285ES/260ES
• SONY 385ES/360ES
• SONY 675ES/550ES
• SONY 885ES/760ES

COMPARISON #5:

• JVC RS540/X7900
• JVC RS640/X9900
• JVC 20LTD
• JVC RS4500/Z1

:wink:

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,006 Posts
We also desperately want to see the difference between the xx20 and xx40 series especially eshift 4/5 no need for any Sony for that. We would like to see also if the lens sample on this 9900 is as good as a golden 9500 so we can discount Javs' unit as one off. I need to decide on my LTD order so I really need to see these things ASAP :)
Absolutely agree with you here, and suffice to say that this is what will be particularly evaluating as part of COMPARISON #1 that we will be doing first.

I understand and appreciate that there's a number of folks who are waiting for this, further to your good self, and I'm as keen as you are to ascertain what's what given the feedback that @Javs has posted regarding his 9900 unit (absolutely fantastic job as per usual and thanks a million for all your hard work and time spent doing so @Javs ! :)) However, please be a little patient with us because we have two huge projects on at the moment. That said, this has gone right to the top of our priority To Do list and I will endeavour to get this initial comparison completed and posted on here as fast as we possibly can. So watch this space...

:wink:

1481 - 1500 of 14069 Posts