AVS Forum banner

3281 - 3300 of 6011 Posts

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,145 Posts
I saw an RS400 for sale in the AVS Classifieds and it says the JVC warranty isn't transferable. Is this true? Has it been this way for a long time with JVC? Does anyone know of other projector manufacturers with same constraint? I would have never thought to even look into the warranty not being transferable.

On a different subject, YouTube with HDR support, will be curious when someone can get this working with the RS400 and report results: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...r-video-streaming-and-uploading-support/36432

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello,

I'm in the process of building a new theater, It will be completely blacked out and have no windows. I'm wanting to go with a big screen, something in the range of 14' wide 16:9 AR.. the screen will be a center stage XD from Seymour .. is the rs400 bright enough for my situation?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Hello,

I'm in the process of building a new theater, It will be completely blacked out and have no windows. I'm wanting to go with a big screen, something in the range of 14' wide 16:9 AR.. the screen will be a center stage XD from Seymour .. is the rs400 bright enough for my situation?

Thanks
What will the throw distance be?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
That totally depends on what your expectations are for brightness. Some people are unhappy with anything less than 20 ftL. Others are satisfied with 12 ftL. You can't ask if something is "bright enough" for you, without indicating what your needs/desires are.

It is fair to say that with 110-sqFt of AT screen to light up (nearly 8-ft tall), with a gain

·
Registered
39 Posts
That totally depends on what your expectations are for brightness. Some people are unhappy with anything less than 20 ftL. Others are satisfied with 12 ftL. You can't ask if something is "bright enough" for you, without indicating what your needs/desires are.

It is fair to say that with 110-sqFt of AT screen to light up (nearly 8-ft tall), with a gain

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Is there a way to completely reset the JVC X550 to all default settings? I couldn't find anything in the manual

I've messed around with it too much and now it won't even display 4k anymore (I even tried to plug source into projector directly in case it was my receiver stopping it)
You need to get into the service menu to do that. With the remote pointing at the projector hit; up,down,right,left,enter. A new menu should appear, which is the service menu. From there you can do a factory reset.

·
Registered
29,708 Posts
That's not really an issue. It's not as daunting as it sounds on paper-- it's more like sitting in the middle of the theater as opposed to the front row.

I'm actually pausing the movies to adjust the sharpness. Trying to find the right balance between the softness and the over-sharpened image is driving me crazy. Clear Black and Enhance: the two seem to have a push-pull relationship.
Middle of a theater is around 45 degree horizontal viewing angle and 2.98 viewing heights and that is for a scope image.
You are around 62 degrees viewing angle and only 1.48 screen heights.

If going by viewing height, you would be sitting in the second or third row of a THX commercial theater. I sit close, but I think that I would get sick watching an action movie using hand held cameras like in the Bourne Identity series, if I was sitting that close. I sit 10.5' from a 127" diagonal 16:9 screen in my family room setup.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Middle of a theater is around 45 degree horizontal viewing angle and 2.98 viewing heights and that is for a scope image.

If going by viewing height, you would be sitting in the second or third row of a THX commercial theater. I sit close, but I think that I would get sick watching an action movie using hand held cameras like in the Bourne Identity series, if I was sitting that close. I sit 10.5' from a 127" diagonal 16:9 screen in my family room setup.
I sit 9 feet from 110" wide 16x9 screen which is just about 1:1 screen width to seating distance which works well for me.

·
Registered
29,708 Posts
I sit 9 feet from 110" wide 16x9 screen which is just about 1:1 screen width to seating distance which works well for me.
I have no problem with that. People sit where they want to sit. After all it is their theater. I was just pointing out, that his setup was not like sitting in the middle of the theater. Along with mentioning that I probably could not handle it. :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
You need to get into the service menu to do that. With the remote pointing at the projector hit; up,down,right,left,enter. A new menu should appear, which is the service menu. From there you can do a factory reset.
Isn't it Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A...

Reactions: Bahn Yuki

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can't get the 3D RF glasses to pair at all.

I plugged in the RF emitter.
I played 3D content.
Then I held the sync button on my JVC RF glasses for 10 seconds. Nothing happened.

The light on the glasses is Red while charging but once I remove the charging cable, the led light doesn't glow at all. No matter how much I press the button on the glasses, there's no light and it doesn't pair.

I guess that explains why I find theater screens small :p . I do love the immersive picture with a 60 deg viewing angle though. At least for me, there are no issues resolving the picture.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I can see the finish line for my theater and am leaning heavily towards the DLA-RS400. My concern is input lag when it comes to gaming, which I see has been talked about in this thread. Does anyone know what the actual lag time is for the projector?

I was in the same boat. The Epson and Sony's have better lag time than the JVCs, currently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
@Spyderturbo007 and @Dandlj

Same boat here. The JVCs have been measured at 130ms. The comparable Epson (5040ub / 6040ub) is around 28-30. These two are at the top of my list (JVC and Epson), and the input lag is a factor.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
8,184 Posts
Not for the RS-1, RS-45, and the RS-400 that I have had. Can't speak for them all though.
it was a joke...he was referring to the 30 lives code for NES contra

·
Registered
652 Posts
@Spyderturbo007 and @Dandlj

Same boat here. The JVCs have been measured at 130ms. The comparable Epson (5040ub / 6040ub) is around 28-30. These two are at the top of my list (JVC and Epson), and the input lag is a factor.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
I took a look at the 5040ub and it appears to have stellar reviews. I mostly watch movies, but do game on occasion, so I want something that will allow me to do both.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I took a look at the 5040ub and it appears to have stellar reviews. I mostly watch movies, but do game on occasion, so I want something that will allow me to do both.

Thanks for the suggestion.
You're very welcome. I've been narrowing down my decision, with the plan to buy after the first of the year, around the time I'm doing the home theater. Movies are the top priority for me with picture quality, but tv and gaming on the big screen is important as well. I think that if movies were the only concern, JVC would be the choice. I've even had AVS sales say here that if gaming is a priority, go with the Epson.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Movies are the top priority for me with picture quality, but tv and gaming on the big screen is important as well.
My priority is movies as well, but it seems as though the 130ms input lag of the JVC makes it unusable for gaming. I probably only play online a few times a month, but it is still something I'd like to have the option of doing and I don't want to buy two projectors. :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
My priority is movies as well, but it seems as though the 130ms input lag of the JVC makes it unusable for gaming. I probably only play online a few times a month, but it is still something I'd like to have the option of doing and I don't want to buy two projectors. :p

This is why I'm waiting to see the specs of the new JVCs that are rumoured to be released soon. Once we know the specs then it will be a question of seeing if they are better for gaming, and if they are, then choosing whether to wait until they are released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3281 - 3300 of 6011 Posts