AVS Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 6011 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I love this projector, but I am a bit concerned about the gaming aspect. I play a bunch of MP(Halo, GOW, Titanfall), but also RTS.
I find gaming to be impossible. The delay simply is too great and can get very frustrating. I wonder if they could ever attempt a "game" mode in firmware

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ronman79

·
Registered
96 Posts
I find gaming to be impossible. The delay simply is too great and can get very frustrating. I wonder if they could ever attempt a "game" mode in firmware

Thanks, this is very helpful. It's unfortunate there is so much input lag and no game mode.

·
Registered
220 Posts

Impossible offline and online, or just online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts

I play a lot of fighting games and classic 2D games where anything more than one frame of display lag isn't acceptable. For the games I play this projector isn't a viable option. That's just regarding offline, I wouldn't even bother playing online as that will just compound the woes even more. I also own a Vizio P75-c1 and it has a rated 18ms of lag in SDR and 60ms in HDR mode currently. It's a significant difference and this PJ is far higher with over 118ms!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love this projector for movies. It's simply great PQ for the money. If you really need gaming on a huge screen, I'd advise a different projector or buying a cheap 1080p Epson 2040 for $650(I used to own one). I have a few friends who have two projectors mounted in the same room, just one above the other.

Reactions: N8DOGG

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Actually, that's exactly 1.3 tenths of a second. Or about 1/8 of a second. 2-3 tenths would be 200-300 ms.
LOL! Awesome!

yet some people are willing to state 1/8 of a second makes gaming "impossible"

...right :rolleyes:

Perhaps we need a new definition of the word "impossible"
Because I have played a dozen different games without major issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
LOL! Awesome!

yet some people are willing to state 1/8 of a second makes gaming "impossible"

...right :rolleyes:

Perhaps we need a new definition of the word "impossible"

Because I have played a dozen different games without major issues.

It all depends on what your are used to playing on that will determine if you feel a difference or not. I PC game on a low, under 5ms gaming monitor, so if I load a game up on my secondary monitor, which has about 30ms input lag, I can very noticeably feel the difference. I would go as far as saying that fast paced, twitch games are unplayable on the 30ms because my brain has become so accustomed to the lower lag.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

The only time where I noticed anything in regards to lag was playing Starwars Battlefront, and even then it wasn't that bad. Turn off some of the image enhancement and while there was still some lag it was doable. Single player games and multiplayer sports games I've never had any problem.

If you're into competitive gaming then you're not going to be playing on this projector. If you're more like me and just play here and there, this projector is sufficient to get the job done.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I wanted to confirm that the warranty on the JVC is 2 years, as it is surprisingly difficult to confirm on their website. I've had my projector throw error codes three times since March and I'm trying not to overreact on it. I just want to make sure that I'm not walking towards any warranty deadlines here.

·
Banned
10,827 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm at the point where I'm making connections on my equipment in my theater. I've literally only made physical connection with "out of the box" settings on everything...including the HD Fury.
Samsung 8500 UHD -> Marantz 6011 -> HD Fury -> RS400

My concern right now is my long hdmi run from the rack to the RS400 (from the HD Fury -> RS400). It's definitely over 25 feet. Closer to 35 or 50 I'm sure. It was a good quality Monoprice cable I bought 3 years ago and ran in my ceiling for the projector. I don't have specs on it. Never considered it would be a problem.

In the short time I've had to play with the projector (kids, work etc. ) I popped Batman v Superman 4K in the player and I get a picture. A nice picture... but I'm not sure if I'm getting the full signal? With all the talk about big problems with long hdmi runs I'm doubting. If I'm getting an image does that mean I'm good to go? Or am just getting a good looking 1080p picture because of the long hdmi run. I was thinking that if I was going to have a problem I would get a warning or no picture at all. It's a UHD movie playing from a UHD player.
How can I tell?

Thank you! My head is spinning from reading these threads. Please explain in terms a father of 4 with nowhere near the knowledge level the average contributor in the thread has! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm at the point where I'm making connections on my equipment in my theater. I've literally only made physical connection with "out of the box" settings on everything...including the HD Fury.
Samsung 8500 UHD -> Marantz 6011 -> HD Fury -> RS400

My concern right now is my long hdmi run from the rack to the RS400 (from the HD Fury -> RS400). It's definitely over 25 feet. Closer to 35 or 50 I'm sure. It was a good quality Monoprice cable I bought 3 years ago and ran in my ceiling for the projector. I don't have specs on it. Never considered it would be a problem.

In the short time I've had to play with the projector (kids, work etc. ) I popped Batman v Superman 4K in the player and I get a picture. A nice picture... but I'm not sure if I'm getting the full signal? With all the talk about big problems with long hdmi runs I'm doubting. If I'm getting an image does that mean I'm good to go? Or am just getting a good looking 1080p picture because of the long hdmi run. I was thinking that if I was going to have a problem I would get a warning or no picture at all. It's a UHD movie playing from a UHD player.
How can I tell?

Thank you! My head is spinning from reading these threads. Please explain in terms a father of 4 with nowhere near the knowledge level the average contributor in the thread has! ;)

Press the INFO button on the RS400 remote and it will tell you the signal that it is receiving. You can also go into the info settings on the Marantz and select video information to tell you what it is receiving. Best way to check is to connect the UHD to the projector directly, and set It to auto, and see if you get a picture showing at 4k. If the screen goes blank, then you may need a new cable.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
It doesn't strip out anything, but does change the edid info that is being sent for the handshake to one of the many custom edids available in the hdfury gui.

If you want to run the bideo through your processor you would put it before. Because both the samsung and panasonic (not sure about the others) have 2 hdmi outs with one being only audio many just run the hdmi video to hdfury and then to jvc, bypassing video in the processor and using the audio only hdmi to the processor for audio only.

Is there a default setting(s) that most people set in the HDFURY? Or is it a custom configuration? I am having trouble finding the right settings. I am using the Samsung UHD BD, coming out of a receiver that passes HDR HDCP2.2 etc, and into the fury (about 25 ft) then into the projector. What setting should I use for HDR BDs? and do I have to change it back to something else when watching standard BD/Sat etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Is there a default setting(s) that most people set in the HDFURY? Or is it a custom configuration? I am having trouble finding the right settings. I am using the Samsung UHD BD, coming out of a receiver that passes HDR HDCP2.2 etc, and into the fury (about 25 ft) then into the projector. What setting should I use for HDR BDs? and do I have to change it back to something else when watching standard BD/Sat etc?

Thanks
Many use custom 8 and custom 10. I use 9 or 11 because I only get stereo with the other 2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Guys,

I need some advice on here about Projector Screen Size and the type of project I can push myself to get.

Firstly I had my eyes set on the Epson 6040UB due to the high lumens output which can get me a bigger screen size but after reading so many recommendation and claims JVC is superior than the Epson my question are the following:

My Projector can be mounted anywhere in the room even up close to the screen as much as possible.

Would it be pushing it if I went for a Centre Stage XD Screen at 16:9 140 Inch Diagonal? With a JVC 550R or a JVC 750R?

I downloaded the Projectorcentral Ipad Software which calculates the FL Light output what would be the largest size I can go for.

The First Row of seat is placed 14.7 feet from the screen.

The Second Row of Seats is placed 19 feet from the screen.

I would like to get a 140 inch or 150 inch screen if possible. Which projector out of the JVC can adequately power up the Screen with Enough brightness.

At the moment Projector Central Calculation at 140inch screen

JVC X750R Mounted at 4.3 Meters (14.10 feet) from screen it calculates at 31FL Would this be OK

JVC X550 would be 29FL

Would it be ideal for me to jump on to the JVC or look at the Epson?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Many use custom 8 and custom 10. I use 9 or 11 because I only get stereo with the other 2.

Is there an option on the integral just to do a pass through? 11 works great for me, I would just like an easy a/b comparison. If I select the fixed option, it goes down to 1080p for some reason.

Also, When I change to my 4K Fibe PVR, the screen goes blank, and the HDMI 1 input logo turns yellow, and nothing comes on the screen. When I remove the Integral from the system, it works fine, and the 4K PVR reads an input at YCBR 4:4:4 8 bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, im new to this forum, and hopefully you guys can help me with an issue im facing with the rs400. when streaming 1080p content, I pretty much get excellent quality except when it comes to low light or night scenes. the black isnt uniform and its in patches of different shades of black, making it look really low quality. when it goes back to bright scenes, its clear again. how do I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Is there an option on the integral just to do a pass through? 11 works great for me, I would just like an easy a/b comparison. If I select the fixed option, it goes down to 1080p for some reason.

Also, When I change to my 4K Fibe PVR, the screen goes blank, and the HDMI 1 input logo turns yellow, and nothing comes on the screen. When I remove the Integral from the system, it works fine, and the 4K PVR reads an input at YCBR 4:4:4 8 bit.
Not sure if there is something like that. I am working out of town at the moment and can't check. The integral isnt doing any conversion or processing so I just set the integral to the output i want and let the player do the associated output. If any remapping/conversion is necessary it is being done by the player.

3321 - 3340 of 6011 Posts