AVS Forum banner

3741 - 3760 of 6069 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
this is how it's look like:-

Also, I have set the UB700 Deeep Color to Automatic but the X5000 info just grey out the Deep Color...any problem there?

I have the 400 paired with the 700...although this doesn't answer your question, why does your picture show 10 bit and 12 bit on screen?

Does the picture suffer due to something being 10 bit vs 12 bit??

·
Registered
30,979 Posts
Hope to get some advice. Just bought RS-400 from AV Science. I am having focus issues. Turned off eShift and focused projector after 40 mins of warm up. What I am getting is if I focus center than right 1/3 and central 1/3 are in focus but left 1/3 is not in focus. if I focus left 1/3 then central and right are out of focus. I have tried resetting lens via menu but issue persists. Appreciate thoughts? I have been trying to get a hold of JVC but they were closed 6:40pm EST while their normal hours claimed 9am-9pm.
Thanks.
Few questions?

Is the unit aligned with the screen, as in not showing a trapezoidal shape?
Where is the projector mounted in relationship to the screen?
Are you using keystone adjustment?

·
Registered
445 Posts
A few days ago I mentioned that I was seeing a lot of noise in picture. I've made a lot of changes to my settings (thanks to the assistance from Mike) but I'm still seeing the noise, even when I have noise reduction set to 10. The forground image is very sharp and detailed but the background appears very grainy. The only things that really cleats this up is turning on CMD and I'd rather watch a movie on my phone that watch with CMD enabled.

Is this normal (and I was just expecting too much) or should I continue to look for a solution to it?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I did place it on the table to achieve 95% center vs. the screen. Just a tiny amount of the shift to the left. I am reading that JVCs allow up to 7% of side shift without loss of focus on the edges and right 1/3 does stay in perfect focus even with the small shift in place. I worked to make sure that there no trapezoidal shape and that all pattern lines are completely parallel to the side and horizontal borders of the screen. No keystone and motion handling features are off and eShift is off.

Few questions?

Is the unit aligned with the screen, as in not showing a trapezoidal shape?
Where is the projector mounted in relationship to the screen?
Are you using keystone adjustment?

·
Registered
30,979 Posts
I did place it on the table to achieve 95% center vs. the screen. Just a tiny amount of the shift to the left. I am reading that JVCs allow up to 7% of side shift without loss of focus on the edges and right 1/3 does stay in perfect focus even with the small shift in place. I worked to make sure that there no trapezoidal shape and that all pattern lines are completely parallel to the side and horizontal borders of the screen. No keystone and motion handling features are off and eShift is off.
I just sent you an email.

Mike

·
Registered
19,678 Posts
A few days ago I mentioned that I was seeing a lot of noise in picture. I've made a lot of changes to my settings (thanks to the assistance from Mike) but I'm still seeing the noise, even when I have noise reduction set to 10. The forground image is very sharp and detailed but the background appears very grainy. The only things that really cleats this up is turning on CMD and I'd rather watch a movie on my phone that watch with CMD enabled.

Is this normal (and I was just expecting too much) or should I continue to look for a solution to it?
What are you watching and what is the source ?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mike I did not get your email but PMed you with my new email just in case.

I just sent you an email.

Mike

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a 35' Monoprice Cabernet HDMI cable and it will pass:

4K24 4:4:4 10 bit or 4K60 4:2:0 10 bit.

It will not pass a 4K60 4:2:2 12 bit or a 4K60 4:4:4 8 bit signal.

:)
is your cable the ultra CL2?

·
Registered
445 Posts
What are you watching and what is the source ?
I have tried several different bluray movies using an OPPO 203 and Playstation one. Older movies like star trek (2009) are very noisy and The Bourne Identity is barely watchable. Although the dark scenes in dead pool (4k) looked too dark and the light scenes looked a bit washed out, the overall picture was very good. There was very little noise. When I played the 1080p version the foreground image was superb but the background was noisy.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I have tried several different bluray movies using an OPPO 203 and Playstation one. Older movies like star trek (2009) are very noisy and The Bourne Identity is barely watchable. Although the dark scenes in dead pool (4k) looked too dark and the light scenes looked a bit washed out, the overall picture was very good. There was very little noise. When I played the 1080p version the foreground image was superb but the background was noisy.
Its film grain and its totally normal. The JVC's are very honest projectors, pretty much no image trickery or forced processing like noise reduction (The Sony's do this).

If you are seeing anything like what is in the following images, which, by the way are screengrabs from the blurays on my PC (Extracted images from the video file, NOT photographs of any screen), then chalk it up to the fact that you are seeing exactly what is on the source file, which is good. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The other day I posted a reply about various problems getting my JVC X550 to properly work with my new Samsung 4K player.

Thinking back, I kinda had the same problem last year trying to view content from the Roku 4 player.

Since the specs on the X550 clearly state that a full 4K signal at 60fps is supported, I'm now thinking perhaps the issue might be that I'm currently using a 30 foot long HDMI cable that was installed 4 years ago. Reading the following article in Sound&Vision has me thinking maybe now is the time for a cable upgrade:

http://www.soundandvision.com/conte...can-actually-pass-hdmi-20#5cizYRUkM1Bu6XzG.97

What I'm wondering is, have any other JVC owners with longer HDMI cable runs had this type of issue with 4K sources?

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
The other day I posted a reply about various problems getting my JVC X550 to properly work with my new Samsung 4K player.

Thinking back, I kinda had the same problem last year trying to view content from the Roku 4 player.

Since the specs on the X550 clearly state that a full 4K signal at 60fps is supported, I'm now thinking perhaps the issue might be that I'm currently using a 30 foot long HDMI cable that was installed 4 years ago. Reading the following article in Sound&Vision has me thinking maybe now is the time for a cable upgrade:

http://www.soundandvision.com/conte...can-actually-pass-hdmi-20#5cizYRUkM1Bu6XzG.97

What I'm wondering is, have any other JVC owners with longer HDMI cable runs had this type of issue with 4K sources?
Many have.
When I first got my Sammy, I was using a pretty beastly 25' Monoprice cable to my RS400 from my BH200 1080 Dual Format player.. these were from my old house, and at 1080p they worked fine...
I was ordering a 25' PlugLug White "Fastest" cable before you knew it, cuz the old 25' beast was barely getting a handshake....once I got the new cable, all was well, no issues since.
30' is pushing it, my 25' works fine thankfully.

·
Registered
19,678 Posts
Many have.
When I first got my Sammy, I was using a pretty beastly 25' Monoprice cable to my RS400 from my BH200 1080 Dual Format player.. these were from my old house, and at 1080p they worked fine...
I was ordering a 25' PlugLug White "Fastest" cable before you knew it, cuz the old 25' beast was barely getting a handshake....once I got the new cable, all was well, no issues since.
30' is pushing it, my 25' works fine thankfully.
When I got the Samsung player, I had problems and my HDMI cable ( supposedly 18gbps ) is only 16 feet ! :eek:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yes...purchased two months ago.
I have the 25 footer and no issues that I noticed. Do you even get a picture, or it just won't due the resolution.

·
Registered
62 Posts
im curious as to how this turns out for you. I was looking to get the Marantz SR7011 and was curious how it would interact with the JVC DLA-X550.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I have the 25 footer and no issues that I noticed. Do you even get a picture, or it just won't due the resolution.
No signal at all from the Oppo 203 menu or the Sammy 8500 menu at start up...I believe they are sending a 17.8 Gbps signal and my 35' Monoprice Cabernet HDMI cable doesn't work. It works fine on a 4K24 4:4:4 10 bit signal or 11.1 Gbps. The Oppo allows me to set the player to 4K24 4:4:4 10 bit output and I will live with it until Monoprice sells a 17.8 solution and then I will ask for a return...

3741 - 3760 of 6069 Posts