4521 - 4540 of 5999 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Reactions: Mike Garrett

·
Registered
246 Posts
Do you have a link to the HD Fury test for me and a link to a product to buy for Lightivity?

You guys sell a lot of these projectors, I'd imagine many run into this issue. Are you also selling/recommending a specific solution for long runs?
If 10 meters is too problematic I could -- as you guys suggested -- install my player on a shelf closer to the JVC. That would bring down the length to 5 meters.

EDIT: Monoprice is not selling nor shipping to Sweden.

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
28,745 Posts
Do you have a link to the HD Fury test for me and a link to a product to buy for Lightivity?

You guys sell a lot of these projectors, I'd imagine many run into this issue. Are you also selling/recommending a specific solution for long runs?
I do not have link. It was in the HD Fury Integral thread, I believe. I have no idea what is available to him in his country, but at that length, he should be looking at fiber optic solutions. Celerity is one.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Lightivity, I live in Denmark and bought this fiber-optic cable from Monoprice: SlimRun AV HDR Cable for HDMI Enabled Devices, [email protected], YUV4:4:4, 30ft
It works flawlessly
BUT... the shipping is extremely expensive for such a light box :eek:
I paid USD 310 all in all

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I bought an older celerity 16gbps DFI off ebay, 35'....... Im crossing my fingers as i dont have a 4K player/streamer yet :0/ Off the shelf, they are $300 for the 18gbps version.

Its a killer 1080p cable Lol, but i think metal coathangers would work with 1080p.....

Rumor is, i will be having problems

·
Registered
246 Posts
Update:

I bought the RUIPRO HDMI Fiber Cable (33 feet, 10 meters) Friday last week and got it today Tuesday. That's a remarkable delivery-time from Hong Kong through DHL (although that particular delivery option seems to have expired at Amazon.com now). Plugged it in and it works on 4k 60Hz, no issues. Returned the copper cable â?? thank you Stephan at The Rock for excellent service.

Now next step is custom gamma curve...

But I need to wait for the guy that did the professional calibration on my JVC to return from vacation to confirm if was done on the BT2020 colorspace or the Rec 790. Or can I tell from the settings myself?

·
Banned
168 Posts
Does anyone know if JVC will replace a lens that has slight focus uniformity issue? I swear it has developed over time (sure it wasn't present at install Time new) although not sure this is possible. Menu not as clear and crisp on left as on right. Confirmed on different screens. I've had it a little over a year and only have 150 hours on It.

Sorry for duplicate post Tapatalk App dos this occasionally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,745 Posts
Does anyone know if JVC will replace a lens that has slight focus uniformity issue? I swear it has developed over time (sure it wasn't present at install Time new) although not sure this is possible. Menu not as clear and crisp on left as on right. Confirmed on different screens. I've had it a little over a year and only have 150 hours on It.

Sorry for duplicate post Tapatalk App dos this occasionally

Are you using much horizontal or vertical lens shift? If it is not the same as when you installed, I would look and make sure nothing is on the lens.

·
Banned
168 Posts
Are you using much horizontal or vertical lens shift? If it is not the same as when you installed, I would look and make sure nothing is on the lens.

Yes, quite a lot of vertical, and with one screen a lot of horizontal. I have centered the horizontal and it's still there. In front only the UH480 lens on the sled moved to park. Exists with lens in path as well. I will clean the PJ lens and see what that yields?

Thoughts?

·
Banned
168 Posts

Yes, quite a lot of vertical, and with one screen a lot of horizontal. I have centered the horizontal and it's still there. In front only the UH480 lens on the sled moved to park. Exists with lens in path as well. I will clean the PJ lens and see what that yields?

Thoughts?

I will have to dismount from ceiling (dreading this as it took so long to get it and the lens just right) inevitably to finally confirm anyway if after cleaning still exists. If it's there after dismounting then off it goes to JVC anyway and if not there after dismount something with install (lens shift or geometry somehow of throw)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I feel silly asking this after i already ordered the 2.35:1 screen - do i need an anamorphic lense, or am i ok to just let it project black bars above and below and let black velvet soak it up?
This isn't true of everyone but I think most people now are just zooming. I've got zero problems with the black bar overlap on my dark blue walls outside my velvet screen trim. The only thing I noticed was 'lens light leak' on the left and right side of the projected image when viewing 1.78:1 content on the 2.35:1 screen. This is something that you can only see with extremely dark content after your eyes have time to adjust so I really wouldn't worry about it. When I switched from a Panasonic AE8000 to a RS46 years ago the lens light leak was noticeable right away. I intended to make vertical masking panels but I eventually stopped noticing it. I was hoping the RS400 would be better in this regard, it is not...but I still have not bothered to make vertical masking panels. CIH is definitely the way to go especially if you have height challenges in your room.

Something also sort of related: Another nice thing about this projector is it allows quite a bit of masking range so for switching aspect ratio movies (like Nolan films, Star Trek Into Darkness 3D, etc) you can mask it down to 2.35:1 and see zero content spill onto your walls. Nolan and many other directors shot widescreen safe so cropping that content leaves us CIH users with a nice big beautiful image and being none the wiser to 'missing content'.

·
Registered
28,745 Posts

Thoughts?

I will have to dismount from ceiling (dreading this as it took so long to get it and the lens just right) inevitably to finally confirm anyway if after cleaning still exists. If it's there after dismounting then off it goes to JVC anyway and if not there after dismount something with install (lens shift or geometry somehow of throw)

Take the A-lens out of the light path and then look at the image.

·
Registered
23 Posts
JVC DLA-RS400U 3D compatibility Question

I recently purchased the JVC DLA-RS400U and have 4 sets of 3D glasses from my Panasonic 55" plasma.
What emitter from jvc do I need and will the emitter work with my Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU ACTIVE/RF glasses?
BTW what an upgrade from my epson 1080, the picture jumps off the screen!

4521 - 4540 of 5999 Posts