AVS Forum banner

6001 - 6011 of 6011 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
What happens when the bulbs go on these units?

I know in the past I've had projectors where they can "explode" and cause issues.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Can the OPPO 203 with the latest firmware do this?
I saw it's available on the setting menu but don't know if they are any good.

If they are workable, means the X5000 setting I can just let it set at SDR709 or BT2020 for colour profile and choose gamma at 2.4?

Do I have to recalibrate the projector if using these method?
No, but if you choose to output 2020 from your source you may have to manually upload and select a 2020 color profile in the projector. The upload is a one time activity (if you don't already have it; I forget which models have it and which had to have it added) but I believe you would have to manually select it each time you watch something in 2020.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
What happens when the bulbs go on these units?

I know in the past I've had projectors where they can "explode" and cause issues.
Not sure, but I’ve got the “bare bulb” which is genuine and putting that in later this week.

Sent from my iPhone 11Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm closing in on 3000 hours
I got a bare bulb PK-L2615UG - haven't installed it yet
But should it be the Ushio one as in the post above?
Or is it the same bulb?

·
Registered
323 Posts
My RS400 has started making noticeable tick noises when the lighting in a scene changes. I assume this is due to the dynamic iris kicking in? My bulb has around 2600 hours on it. Is this due to the bulb aging, or something else?

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
My RS400 has started making noticeable tick noises when the lighting in a scene changes. I assume this is due to the dynamic iris kicking in? My bulb has around 2600 hours on it. Is this due to the bulb aging, or something else?
Turn off dynamic Iris and see if you still hear the noise.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also, when I watch 4K content, the projector makes much more noise than with HD content; is this something I just have to live with? Unfortunately, I can't build a hushbox, and the projector is position almost right above the row of seats.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Also, when I watch 4K content, the projector makes much more noise than with HD content; is this something I just have to live with? Unfortunately, I can't build a hushbox, and the projector is position almost right above the row of seats.
This is known as eShift buzz.

It's the sound the 4K pixel shifting mechanism makes when it's active. It's automatically active for 4K source input and can't be disabled. You would need to downscale your source to 1080p prior to input into the projector in order to disable the eShift mechanism.

The loudness of this sound varies from unit to unit.

But then you are giving up some increased detail for 4K sources.

6001 - 6011 of 6011 Posts