Nice. Mine is still going strong 5 years later and still loving it. I'm hoping to get 2 more years myself before I upgrade. Enjoy.I just joined the club. Hoping to use this for a few years at least. Lot's of reading to do here to understand how to get the most from it (especially from HDR / DV MKVs).
When you use the downloaded gamma curve, make sure you set the Correction Value to Import.Hi all,
Been reading a lot of info here and thanks v much to the community, amazing support. I have a X550R that I'm setting up. I have the JVC calibration software up and running. I am using a Marantz 8802A and an Apple TV.
I have a few questions, some could be difficult to answer, hope that's ok..
Thanks all! Tim
- I've loaded the BT.2020 colour profile and a gamma curve for 4k from one of the many provided (Manni-HDR10-EC4K.jgd). What is the richest colour profile for the projector? I know the Gamma D one is wrong but it looks like a lot more colour saturation.
- I have a x-rite i1 display pro colour calibrator, will I be better off using the JVC software with the Spyder 5?
- What color temp should I start with?
- I have a Marantz 8802A, this up samples to 4K and supports HDR. I would assume the HDR is only passed through when relevant. Should I be upsampling all non 4K using the Marantz or passing through HD for the JVC to do the job using E-Shift?
- Further to that question my Apple TV has "Match Content" and also up samples to 4K is that any good?
- Anything else obvious I've missed?
I was referring to the Correction Value setting in the projector itself, not in the Autocal software.Thanks for this. I have the calibrator working now with the i1. For the Gamma curve, I uploaded a few of these, they look way better than the G setting (much brighter). I'm not sure which to use but they all look very similar. On my JVC software I have an option only on the Gamma Data Adjust screen post upload. Changing the correction value seems to reset the curve. So I'm not sure what you mean?