AVS Forum banner

6061 - 6067 of 6067 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
same meter, just different software bundled with it, so just buy whichever is cheapest
Hi Mate,
I won the spyder 4 elite for 100 euro, does it work with JVC x5000?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Mate,
I won the spyder 4 elite for 100 euro, does it work with JVC x5000?
I think so from the top of my head. The Spyder 5 works with JVC V7 software and the Spyder 4 with the JVC V6 software.
When you download them there is an instruction included that tells you which meters work with which software version.

·
Registered
13 Posts
aha, next question is, is it worth to buy it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey all, Looking for some of your expert advice :)

Made some progress with my x550r, looking for a bit of additional set up advice to make it better... I have lots of questions but I don't want to swamp the channel so I'll start with these!
  • I would like to run the HDR stripping to stop the projector defaulting to Gamma D and be able to run the Dynamic Iris in HDR. I know the HDFury Linker will do this. Any benefit to going to the Vertex 2 beyond this? I have a 4k capable video switcher already.
  • I'm running BT2020 on HDR and SDR is this sensible?
  • Finally the projector thinks it's in HDR 8bit even when it's definitely an SDR signal from my Apple TV app. All Apple TV settings are correct 4K SDR and Match range and frame rate, so it should be passing SDR. Only difference is deep color shows as 8bit on the information screen. A true HDR signal has deep color as blank. Any idea what's going on and if it matters?
Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
1. More customization and tweak ability but personally I don’t find it necessary. I seem to recall the Linker May even be able to do the lldv trick.
2. Probably not since SDR is rec709 and should look horrible in rec2020.
3. Something is amiss but I don’t know what.

you may want to contact @HDfury too

6061 - 6067 of 6067 Posts