AVS Forum banner

3061 - 3080 of 3114 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Playing with the new PS5 is nice. Sure we are limited to 60FPS, but still fantastic.

Reactions: T-Bone

·
Registered
454 Posts
I upgraded from an Emotiva processor to a Denon to get Atmos. The Denon seems better for switching overall.

BUT, on certain discs, I'm getting some stuttering. At first I thought it was ATMOS discs, but even old DTS-MA siscs have an issue.

I tried a new cable. I need 20 feet. But I got zero audio or video.

Is there a preferred cable for this one? Or should I try an amplifier?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I recently got another cable for personal reasons, and got a Blue Jeans Cable @ 35 FT. It does a great job with the HDfury DIVA and the 420. The Blue Jeans Cables are not that expensive.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
No just some issues with the DIVA and getting LLDV with the projector. The Blue Jeans cable is better with the LLDV option at this time.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
quick question that I am still confused about.
I had my 420 professionally calibrated a few years ago when I bought it and currently using a sony x800 uhd player.
I was thinking of picking up a panasonic for its HDR optimizer.
Will the panny mess with my calibration if I use its HDR optimizer? will I see an improvement?
Not quite sure how it works- does it work in conjunction with my calibration or does it just over-ride it?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I upgraded from an Emotiva processor to a Denon to get Atmos. The Denon seems better for switching overall.

BUT, on certain discs, I'm getting some stuttering. At first I thought it was ATMOS discs, but even old DTS-MA siscs have an issue.

I tried a new cable. I need 20 feet. But I got zero audio or video.

Is there a preferred cable for this one? Or should I try an amplifier?
I have had good luck with the certified high speed mono price cables.
From my receiver to projector I use a ruipro 40 ft. no issues

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
quick question that I am still confused about.
I had my 420 professionally calibrated a few years ago when I bought it and currently using a sony x800 uhd player.
I was thinking of picking up a panasonic for its HDR optimizer.
Will the panny mess with my calibration if I use its HDR optimizer? will I see an improvement?
Not quite sure how it works- does it work in conjunction with my calibration or does it just over-ride it?
If you are using the Panasonic to tone map HDR to SDR then it should be fine. Just don’t tone map to SDR and then put your projector into HDR mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If you are using the Panasonic to tone map HDR to SDR then it should be fine. Just don’t tone map to SDR and then put your projector into HDR mode

thanks. I ordered the 420 on sale ( no DV on projector). should hold me over until oneday I upgrade the projector.
curious to see the hype about the HDR optimizer.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

still trying to take it all in. having read through multiple threads- it seems for projectors the preferred settings are:
SDR/BT.2020,
HDR V type: Basic Luminance LCD and projector.
So I am assuming I can just leave my Projector settings as is then? I really don't want to mess with the calibration settings that Chad did.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I have the Panasonic 420 player and shield for my hdr playback. I loaded up dominics bright curves last night and I now finally have a picture for hdr that I’m happy with. I can use the 85 nit in high lamp for a bit more hdr pop but still plenty of detail in the dark areas. But the curve I like best is the 1200 60 nit curve because I can run in low lamp now. I loose a bit of hdr pop in the bright areas but as a whole it looks fantastic. I’ve had this projector for a year and finally hdr looks great I was always seeing black crush before. Thanks Dominic.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey guys. Been on a bit out of the Home Theater hobby for a bit. I had to sell some of my gear for some quick capital last year. One of the things I sold was my DLA-X750R. I had some great curves on there from you guys. Had the Gamma D issue gone due to the Hdfury linker. It was pretty fantastic.

My question is:
I'm interested in buying a used JVC again, but the next generation just so a few of the bugs are ironed out.
Would I be missing anything in the 570 if I was to purchase one?

Thanks guys 😀

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I love my RS420... Was great when all I watched was 24p. But now that I am streaming more content on it, and a mix of 24p and 60p, the long delay in frame rate changes is unbearable :)

Setting PJ to low latency lag shaved around 5 seconds off the delay. Gets it done to 13 seconds.

-T

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Where in the menus is that, and why would anyone not set it to that?
Under the picture setting where you can see brightness contrast on that main panel, I think it's under MPC control. Basically it's on the same panel that has the CMD interpolation option.

The reason why I don't use it is I thought it was mainly for gaming... But more importantly, if you toggle that on it turns off the clear motion drive. That you are mutually exclusive. I like the clear motion drive set on low because it smooths out the 24P playback without introducing too much SOE.

-T

Reactions: noah katz
3061 - 3080 of 3114 Posts