AVS Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1007 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi all! Been enjoying my x590r. Question for you all: is there any way for the JVC to display two inputs at once? My wife and I are trying to get setup so we can both play separate videogames at the same time, one on each half of the screen. And if the projector can't do this, is there any other receiver or product that can? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi!

I cant get 4k60hz working on my rs440 from my computer (w10, amd r9 fury), but it works fine from my xbox one s.
Simply, there is no framerate higher than 30 hz in the dialog box when on 4k, in 1080p it defaults to 60 hz just fine.
I have tried custom resolutions, while windows accepts the new one the projector cant find a signal when switched to it (or at least not in 15 seconds until it reverts back).
Tried both through an onkyo rz730 and direct attached using 18 gbps certified cables. One complication is my Displayport to hdmi 2.0b adapter used to get full 4k60hz from my graphics card. However this adapter worked with another 4k projector, the benq w2700/ht3550, so what am I missing when the 60 hz option does not even show up?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hi!

I cant get 4k60hz working on my rs440 from my computer (w10, amd r9 fury), but it works fine from my xbox one s.
Simply, there is no framerate higher than 30 hz in the dialog box when on 4k, in 1080p it defaults to 60 hz just fine.
I have tried custom resolutions, while windows accepts the new one the projector cant find a signal when switched to it (or at least not in 15 seconds until it reverts back).
Tried both through an onkyo rz730 and direct attached using 18 gbps certified cables. One complication is my Displayport to hdmi 2.0b adapter used to get full 4k60hz from my graphics card. However this adapter worked with another 4k projector, the benq w2700/ht3550, so what am I missing when the 60 hz option does not even show up?

Thanks!!!
i have the rs440 and it works normally with 4k-60hs rgb full, i have nvidia 1080ti, i do use fiber HDMI cables, did u try a different cable and without an adapter.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Anyone doing 4K HDR Gaming on the projector? How has your experience been? Are you using PC, Xbox or PS4?
itried it but its a little underwhelming if u want to use the build in HDR mode , i have a lumagen now and that does amazing job at it, i tried it with a PS4 , with a pc HDR is a little broken sometimes so i ddint bother.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Autocal question.

Has anyone used a Spyder 5 for there gamma?

My gamma correction line comes out fine but the white 6500 comes in at only around 6200.

Anyone else have this problem?

Am I doing something wrong or something I need to make sure of?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have the rs440 and it works normally with 4k-60hs rgb full, i have nvidia 1080ti, i do use fiber HDMI cables, did u try a different cable and without an adapter.
Thanks,
I have a 1050 ti which I'm going to try next, without the adapter. It's weird though, the adapter is otherwise completely transparent so the option for 60 hz should show up - whether it works is another matter :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Autocal question.

Has anyone used a Spyder 5 for there gamma?

My gamma correction line comes out fine but the white 6500 comes in at only around 6200.

Anyone else have this problem?

Am I doing something wrong or something I need to make sure of?
I have and I had a similar outcome... I have around 700 hours on my lamp so I wasn't really sure what to make of it so I just left it as is but I assume you could try to calibrate at a higher white value and see if the result gets you closer to 6500.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
So I've been noticing what I believe are very crushed blacks in darker areas of the image on my 440. It has about 400 hours on the bulb. I took grayscale & gamma measurements last night (using Chromapure and X-Rite EyeOne Display 3 PRO). Attached is the gamma tracking. I was able to bring gamma down in the 10-20 IRE range using the black level controls, but the upper range got even worse than is shown here.

Is this the gamma droop I've been reading about? I guess, if so, I'm going to need to do autocal - is that correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
So I've been noticing what I believe are very crushed blacks in darker areas of the image on my 440. It has about 400 hours on the bulb. I took grayscale & gamma measurements last night (using Chromapure and X-Rite EyeOne Display 3 PRO). Attached is the gamma tracking. I was able to bring gamma down in the 10-20 IRE range using the black level controls, but the upper range got even worse than is shown here.

Is this the gamma droop I've been reading about? I guess, if so, I'm going to need to do autocal - is that correct?
hi, do you have your contrast setting at zero? changes to contrast setting will affect gamma. that seems extreme from your posted image, how many hours on the projector total?

This is what it typically looks like:

before:

After autocal:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
hi, do you have your contrast setting at zero? changes to contrast setting will affect gamma. that seems extreme from your posted image, how many hours on the projector total?
When this was measured last night, contrast was at zero. Gamma was in "Normal" mode, and the three gamma controls were 1) Picture tone: -10; 2) Dark Level: 3 I think; 3) Bright Level: 0.

I don't have a gamma curve from when I set this up, but I recall the result was a fairly flat line in the 2.1 - 2.2 range with those settings. The projector had probably less than 50 hours at that time. I'm on the original bulb, so projector has about 400 hours now.

Edit: Don't assume I know what I'm doing. Fairly new to this video calibration thing. One thing I just thought of: I had the diffusor in place on the meter when I took these measurements last night (taken off the screen). I'm now thinking it shouldn't be that way, but I don't recall for sure.

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
When this was measured last night, contrast was at zero. Gamma was in "Normal" mode, and the three gamma controls were 1) Picture tone: -10; 2) Dark Level: 3 I think; 3) Bright Level: 0.

I don't have a gamma curve from when I set this up, but I recall the result was a fairly flat line in the 2.1 - 2.2 range with those settings. The projector had probably less than 50 hours at that time. I'm on the original bulb, so projector has about 400 hours now.

Edit: Don't assume I know what I'm doing. Fairly new to this video calibration thing. One thing I just thought of: I had the diffusor in place on the meter when I took these measurements last night (taken off the screen). I'm now thinking it shouldn't be that way, but I don't recall for sure.
If you want to check for gamma droop then all these controls need to be reset to 0.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
If you want to check for gamma droop then all these controls need to be reset to 0.
Okay, I can do that. Is there a baseline gamma response that is fairly consistent across all new RS440 at factory settings, to compare against?

I probably need to do a new calibration anyway, so I'll reset everything to default levels, get a gamma curve, and recalibrate.

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
Okay, I can do that. Is there a baseline gamma response that is fairly consistent across all new RS440 at factory settings, to compare against?

I probably need to do a new calibration anyway, so I'll reset everything to default levels, get a gamma curve, and recalibrate.
The baseline gamma curve is simply standard gamma 2.2. IOW, when you measure Normal gamma the result should be a straight line at 2.2, as shown in zombie's post.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The baseline gamma curve is simply standard gamma 2.2. IOW, when you measure Normal gamma the result should be a straight line at 2.2, as shown in zombie's post.
Thank you. I'll be working on it. Perhaps my question will be answered after I go back to factory defaults, but I wonder why my gamma is so high on the 10-20 IRE levels. This is why I'm getting so much black crush (obfuscation of dark details) in the darker scenes, correct?

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Hi, yes you want to take the measurements in Chromapure with the diffusor off. Post the results with everything zero'd out as Dominic suggested and let's see how it looks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Okay, here is the gamma curve with everything set back to factory defaults. I really had it screwed up haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
Okay, here is the gamma curve with everything set back to factory defaults. I really had it screwed up haha.
That makes much more sense. There’s some gamma droop but it’s typical.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Here's my post-calibration result.

Attachments

961 - 980 of 1007 Posts