AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 4241 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidadi /forum/post/19577312

Finally have an Rs 40 & 50

You have both and that's all you have to add in 5 hours since your post? Pictures please as I'm told they haven't landed in north America as of yet.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris, you weren't informed correctly. They shipped from California yesterday. Since I am in ca, I got it first since ups delivered this morning. I posted pictures of box on the big thread.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some undressing pictures :) sorry for the not even close to screenshots. Contrast was blooming. I since clamped iris completely shut and put thx pic mode. Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidadi /forum/post/19579455

Chris, you weren't informed correctly. They shipped from California yesterday. Since I am in ca, I got it first since ups delivered this morning. I posted pictures of box on the big thread.

shipped from ?? Are there dealers in CA with these in stock?

looks great, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmarasco /forum/post/19580851

OK- you've got an rs40 and an rs50. How about a comparison! There are lot of us debating the two units and if the extra cost is worth it.

Thanks,

Frank

I debated that to the point of anguish....but am showing the rs50 only. I have not opened the rs40.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
So, I was looking at a comparison, between the RS40 and 50 on projector central, and they appear to have the same brightness, is the only difference the greater contrast?

·
Registered
13,050 Posts
Can you please view the single pixel grid pattern found on the AVS HD 709 calibration disc and let us know what the convergence looks like, and for any errors, how much it is off and whether any convergence issues are uniform across the screen?

Have you had the RS20 or RS25? If so how would you compare the sharpness of the RS50 to those?

·
Registered
167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastiff34 /forum/post/19582255

So, I was looking at a comparison, between the RS40 and 50 on projector central, and they appear to have the same brightness, is the only difference the greater contrast?

Of course rs50 has

CMS

THX cert and ISF - depending on how much value you put in those.

For me it sounds like it comes down to how much better are the blacks and how accurate are the colors on rs40 which features a rec709 setting for color management.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd /forum/post/19582801

Can you please view the single pixel grid pattern found on the AVS HD 709 calibration disc and let us know what the convergence looks like, and for any errors, how much it is off and whether any convergence issues are uniform across the screen?

Have you had the RS20 or RS25? If so how would you compare the sharpness of the RS50 to those?

I don't have the AVS disc. I have kane's video essential's. Any pattern there, or better yet; internal?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd /forum/post/19582801

I had the rs20, but I am not much of a pattern guy, so I hate to give a non scientific opinion, but it is razor sharp to me. Everything looks better then on my rs20.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidadi /forum/post/19582997

I don't have the AVS disc. I have kane's video essential's. Any pattern there, or better yet; internal?

Once you've downloaded & burned the AVS disc image, please put up the disc's main menu and look at it from a very close distance. Do you see any digital noise, like a very fine layer of film grain, in the image? Or does the menu look like it's been carved of a solid block of granite?

·
Registered
343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig /forum/post/0

adidadi,

Can you post the dimensions of the box and weight for the rs40? Just trying to determine shipping costs. Thanks.

I am looking for that information too, would be great if you could let us know! Thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Could you tell me if the mounting holes are in the middle of the underside of the pj or off to one side?

1 - 20 of 4241 Posts