AVS Forum banner

23621 - 23640 of 29552 Posts

·
Registered
28,827 Posts
:(
Most guys use computer fans, that seems like a wsy cheaper and more effective solution...
Computer fans, cheaper yes, but not even close in which system is more effective. With the AC Infinity S6, I would not be worried about airflow. With computer fans, I would be very concerned with airflow/box temperature.

·
Registered
28,827 Posts
which colour profile are you guys using on your rs-1000?

bt.709 for sdr is a no brainer i guess

but hdr or dci for hdr content?

what option are you using on your madvr display calibration setting (bt.2020 or dci) when viewing hdr?

thanks a lot!
You only use DCI if you are feeding the projector DCI content. HDR content is not DCI content. Use HDR mode.

·
Registered
28,827 Posts
Thanks Mike. Appreciate the clarification. What would be an example of DCI content, if you don't mind.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Hollywood screening rooms, showing commercial canned movies. The stuff in commercial theaters is DCI.

·
Vendor
26,686 Posts
Computer fans, cheaper yes, but not even close in which system is more effective. With the AC Infinity S6, I would not be worried about airflow. With computer fans, I would be very concerned with airflow/box temperature.
I was pointing out the hush boxes I have seen, I have not seen a hush box with the S6.

I was going the route of Edmunds optical class in the front port and an AC Infinity T6 pulling air out the top front of the hush box and 6" duct going into the top back.
Any pics of that setup?

@blake , we will be waiting for those pics ;)

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
I was pointing out the hush boxes I have seen, I have not seen a hush box with the S6. They do work well as I have one on top of my AVR-X8500H......

Any pics of that setup?

@blake , we will be waiting for those pics ;)
I think you are referring to the Aircom S6 not the Cloudline s6 They are different. How could you put the Cloudline S6 on the AVR x8500

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-CLOUDLINE-S6-Controller/dp/B07FPFVZTZ/ref=asc_df_B07FPFVZTZ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241989183011&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9696134151856508671&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004481&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-489420468220&psc=1

https://www.acinfinity.com/component-fan-systems/aircom-s6-receiver-and-av-component-cooling-blower-system-rear-exhaust-12/

·
Registered
18,159 Posts
A person I know decided to take my recommendation and try an RS2000, since they needed a new projector. Their reaction -

" Hi Craig,
I watched 2001 4K HDR last night and the space scenes were Astonishing!!

This is the image I have been searching for since I started this hobby over 20 years ago, always pursuing the best black level with brightest highlights. The stars in space and the light reflected off of the ships and objects were really incredible.

Very happy with the upgrade. ".

These are just really great projectors for the money ! :)

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
A person I know decided to take my recommendation and try an RS2000, since they needed a new projector. Their reaction -

" Hi Craig,

I watched 2001 4K HDR last night and the space scenes were Astonishing!!

This is the image I have been searching for since I started this hobby over 20 years ago, always pursuing the best black level with brightest highlights. The stars in space and the light reflected off of the ships and objects were really incredible.

Very happy with the upgrade. ".

These are just really great projectors for the money ! :)
Craig thank you for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Firmware update problem

Latest units I have seen still did not have 3.1 firmware.
My newly purchased NX5 came with firmware 2.09 which I don't see listed on the JVC page - 2.08 & 2.10, but not 2.09.

I downloaded 3.10 and have followed the JVC instructions to the letter to create a flash drive formatted with FAT32 in order to update to 3.10. Didn't work. So I created another flash drive - ditto. I receive the error message onscreen: The USB flash drive is not inserted or cannot be recognized

Any ideas, please, on how to make the update happen. (I'm surprised that JVC don't allow Ethernet downloads; clearly they want to avoid the support costs.)

Not sure how to proceed. HELP, please.

·
Registered
28,827 Posts
My newly purchased NX5 came with firmware 2.09 which I don't see listed on the JVC page - 2.08 & 2.10, but not 2.09.

I downloaded 3.10 and have followed the JVC instructions to the letter to create a flash drive formatted with FAT32 in order to update to 3.10. Didn't work. So I created another flash drive - ditto. I receive the error message onscreen: The USB flash drive is not inserted or cannot be recognized

Any ideas, please, on how to make the update happen. (I'm surprised that JVC don't allow Ethernet downloads; clearly they want to avoid the support costs.)

Configured FAT32.
Use older small USB stick.
Use PC, not mac.

If you are doing the above, try a different USB stick.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Seems turnaround time on receiving the new bulb is fast. I got mine one week after dropping the form in the mail. I live just a 1/2 hour south of Long Beach where it was shipped from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am approaching 2 weeks now and no replacement bulb. Will wait a little longer before calling someone. Says 6-8 weeks for processing and every case is different but it starts making you wonder....

·
Premium Member
58 Posts

You must use a flash drive that is less than 64 GB.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
As others have said find a old usb drive and clear everything off it. Be sure to only include the unzipped root file on the clear drive and try it.
I have done many firmware updates on various types of equipment and have found that some drives just don't seem to work. I have several old Lexar 4 and 8gb drives that I always use with no issues.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
I am approaching 2 weeks now and no replacement bulb. Will wait a little longer before calling someone. Says 6-8 weeks for processing and every case is different but it starts making you wonder....

Mine took every bit of five weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,827 Posts
Give it the 6 to 8 weeks. If you have not received by then, shoot me an email and I will get it taken care of.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As others have said find a old usb drive and clear everything off it. Be sure to only include the unzipped root file on the clear drive and try it.
I have done many firmware updates on various types of equipment and have found that some drives just don't seem to work. I have several old Lexar 4 and 8gb drives that I always use with no issues.
Thank you all for your helpful tips.
I have done as you all suggest and have tried it on three different flash drives, 32gb, 16gb, 4gb. I've used a Windows machine twice and a Mac. I've placed the USB stick in the projector BEFORE switching it on. Same result. I've tried re-setting the projector's data to the factory settings. Same result.

As I mentioned earlier, my software is version 2.09 which is not listed on JVC's current site. Could this have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Thank you all for your helpful tips.
I have done as you all suggest and have tried it on three different flash drives, 32gb, 16gb, 4gb. I've used a Windows machine twice and a Mac. I've placed the USB stick in the projector BEFORE switching it on. Same result. I've tried re-setting the projector's data to the factory settings. Same result.

As I mentioned earlier, my software is version 2.09 which is not listed on JVC's current site. Could this have anything to do with it?
Did you unzip the files prior to copying on to the USB?

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Did you unzip the files prior to copying on to the USB?
I was thinking the same thing. You must unzip the files and put the root directory on the USB drive for it to work.

1. Download the Firmware to a folder on your computer.
2. Make sure noting else is on your usb drive.
3. Unzip the file to the blank usb drive.
4. Try again. Good luck. (I suggest using the 4gb drive)

The problem has nothing to do with the firmware you now have installed.

23621 - 23640 of 29552 Posts