AVS Forum banner

28341 - 28360 of 29577 Posts

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,458 Posts
Literally true, but a part can be in specs at the beginning and failing to be after a while due to uncontrolled ageing ( especially heating ). During a part of my pro life I was involved in quality control and testing programs and I well know that those situations do happen in real life, and that the correction if possible is then applied starting with a new batch, but what happens to the units that have been manufactured before with the bad batch and have already been delivered to customers ?

This is not bad use but bad manufactoring.

Take the example of cars manufacturing and the lot of recalls to update this or that long after the warranty is over ? They don't say Sorry Sir but you're no longer under warranty !
I don't see this being a problem of "aging". I think its intermittent and some units are impacted while others are not.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,458 Posts
OK, I will not carry on with it and have faith, if ever it happens in 2 or 3 years with by then 4 or 5 hundred hours I will tell JVC France that Mike said it will not happen ...... :devil: ( only joking of course :D :angel: )

You do understand that my fear is only that due to our relative low PJ usage, it may happen after my warranty period.

But as a last word, what you said above about JVC having no control and thus free of corrective action is perfectly unacceptable, any manufacturer is totally responsible for its end product, what happens before final delivery to a customer is none of our business, we paid for a 100 % quality product not one that has been assembled with known defective parts.

To refer to the cars once again, if you kill someone with your Ford car because its Bosch made brakes were defective, who will you hold as responsible Ford or Bosch ? (no reply required as I know the answer).

End of rant !

Let's enjoy it :
Mike said JVC doesn't manufacture this part. He did not say JVC was "free of corrective action". Also, as far as I understand it, your projector is working fine. Why not enjoy what you have that's working as it should and only start all the worrying and complaining if it actually breaks? As in your situation, JVC has fully lived up to the expectation and delivered you a "100 % quality product".

·
Registered
490 Posts
I meant no control, as in the company making the part is the one that has the ability to check if the part they are supplying, meets specs. You can't have an assembly line where every single part is checked, before installing. Well technically I guess you could, but I doubt we could afford to buy the end product due to what this would do to the cost. The company making the part has responsibility to provide what they say they are providing. Of course JVC has a responsibility to provide a working solution and when problems have arisen JVC USA has been taking good care of their customers.
Mike said JVC doesn't manufacture this part. He did not say JVC was "free of corrective action". Also, as far as I understand it, your projector is working fine. Why not enjoy what you have that's working as it should and only start all the worrying and complaining if it actually breaks? As in your situation, JVC has fully lived up to the expectation and delivered you a "100 % quality product".
Exactlly, but if you do not have a problem now it does not mean it will be a problem later......
Of course you are all probably right, but you know how it goes some people see a glass of wine half full others see it half empty and remember I am NOT a customer of JVC USA, what's true in USA is not systematically true anywhere else, I try to be positive about it but when I read comments like this one :

Mine happened after 200 hours of use
My fear comes back as 2 or 3 hundred hours will obviously be beyond what's left of my warranty time .... :eek:

But as I said before, end of rant, let's enjoy it, and for the time being I really do enjoy it !

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Has anyone had vertical lines after your 3.1 FW update? If so can you reply to my posts I would be greatly appreciated. This thread is absolutely gigantic and I’m having trouble tracking down these issues. There are over 28,000+ posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: llang269

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Has anyone had vertical lines after your 3.1 FW update? If so can you reply to my posts I would be greatly appreciated. This thread is absolutely gigantic and I’m having trouble tracking down these issues. There are over 28,000+ posts

If you have vertical lines with FW 3.1, you should contact your dealer. It's a hardware issue at that point.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am reaching out to my dealer and JVC. I need to discuss this issue with someone that recently had this issue

·
Registered
515 Posts
Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers out there!

Would you rather have the day to watch movies on your JVC or go Golfing?

Be careful your spouse may be watching to make sure it was worth the money :eek:
This is easy. I'll take the movie day since I don't play golf.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Getting ready to mount my NX7. I have a Chief Mount. Does anyone have this setup and if so what two screws/bolts did you use? I am a little nervous about it...this thing ways a ton!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Getting ready to mount my NX7. I have a Chief Mount. Does anyone have this setup and if so what two screws/bolts did you use? I am a little nervous about it...this thing ways a ton!
Looks like a vaulted ceiling mount. Mount the plate to the NX-7 via the 4 screws provided, and then ensure the extension is mounted into the studs. I have the Chief mount, not vaulted, the NX7 is bulky and a bit awkward to mount. You can mount utilizing a ladder as a stand like I did. However it is much easier to have some one help you. I was very nervous mounting it myself, but at the time no one was available. Hope this helps. I’n sure others will chime in to provide further input. You can also check You Tube for videos.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like a vaulted ceiling mount. Mount the plate to the NX-7 via the 4 screws provided, and then ensure the extension is mounted into the studs. I have the Chief mount, not vaulted, the NX7 is bulky and a bit awkward to mount. You can mount utilizing a ladder as a stand like I did. However it is much easier to have some one help you. I was very nervous mounting it myself, but at the time no one was available. Hope this helps. I’n sure others will chime in to provide further input. You can also check You Tube for videos.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
I know its after the fact...but what type of screw did you use to mount to the studs? do you have a picture of the screw? Thanks

Reactions: FiveMillionWays

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I know its after the fact...but what type of screw did you use to mount to the studs? do you have a picture of the screw? Thanks
Unfortunately, I don't remember, the screws were from my previous projector installs. I would think wood screws 3-4" long with washers, ensure the screws go through the mounting holes completely and stop at the screw head w/o going through the hole. I would take the ceiling mount with you to your local hardware store. I'm not sure how your studs run, so while you're there you might want to pickup a package of 100# drywall anchors just in case you can't mount all the screws in the stud. Good luck.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Reactions: PULSAR3002

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I used to have that mount years ago before I dropped my ceiling. It's plenty strong as long as you have lag bolts going into the center of a stud.

Reactions: PULSAR3002

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Don't use screws...use lag bolts (pre drilling pilot holes for them). I'd use at least 3" bolts. I believe a post above suggested the width to use.

·
Registered
441 Posts
JVC contacted me new unit shipping out tomorrow. That was quick and helped to relieve my stress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,840 Posts
What ceiling plate are you using? That determines what diameter can be used and what length is needed. I am assuming you have standard 5/8" drywall on the ceiling?

28341 - 28360 of 29577 Posts