·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Have not looked in here for awhile any JVC rumours on next units -
someone I know in market thou likely won't be purchasing till oct/nov - thxs

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Trying to control my rs3000 via ip with harmony elite/hub. Have my rs3000 connected to switch in my rack and harmony hub connected to switch. Under network settings in rs3000 dhcp is off but there is an ip address and mac address.

I am by no means an expert in networks.

If there is something i need to do on the projector setting please advise. When i scanned network for devices with harmony app the jvc did not show up. My oppo did however.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,378 Posts
Trying to control my rs3000 via ip with harmony elite/hub. Have my rs3000 connected to switch in my rack and harmony hub connected to switch. Under network settings in rs3000 dhcp is off but there is an ip address and mac address.

I am by no means an expert in networks.

If there is something i need to do on the projector setting please advise. When i scanned network for devices with harmony app the jvc did not show up. My oppo did however.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
Why is DHCP off? What is the network address that is provided? What address is your network on in general? If DHCP is off, how do you verify that the IP address the projector is using isn't being assigned to some other device in the house (intermittently)?

The best way to handle this is to enable DHCP, then go into your router and assign the DHCP a static route there. That way the projector always requests an IP address via DHCP but it also always gets the same one by the router. Then you can have your control software use the same IP for the projector.

Once you have the network stable, you can test communication to your projector on the nearest PC in the house by simply pinging the projector's IP address in a windows command prompt. IE: ping 192.168.1.10

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
So, I have almost 400 hours on the NX7, and our love grows by the day lol.

I binged all the MCU movies, when I got to Infinity War the detail really went to another level. Sure enough it’s the first with a true 4K DI. A dozen movies later I can consistently tell when I’m look at a 2K DI or something higher... like I wasn’t enough of a snob to begin with.

That being said, Terminator 2 is most perplexing. Says it’s a true 4K DI, and it looks true. The reviews everywhere say it’s a wax fest(DNR).. yes the color timing has been drastically changed to the point it’s arguably revisionist, and most of the grain has somehow been eliminated. However I can’t detect any actual DNR or loss of detail anywhere, and I’m very familiar with it.

Am I nuts or are the reviews wrong?

Try Mortal Engines. Amazing resolution / clarity and it has a true 4K DI. I can tell the difference and I still own an older faux 4K JVC.

When I first played the movie I immediately noticed how amazing the picture quality was and then researched and found out about the 4K DI.

I also notice how amazing the image quality is of streaming Netflix movies like 6 Underground which was shot using 8K cameras.

I can’t recall if Mortal Engines was shot on 8K but I believe it was... so this would also be part of the reason it looks so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Why is DHCP off? What is the network address that is provided? What address is your network on in general? If DHCP is off, how do you verify that the IP address the projector is using isn't being assigned to some other device in the house (intermittently)?
I agree that in most cases using DHCP is easier. However, one can also manually assigning IP addresses, as long as you restrict the DHCP server to a specific address range to avoid potential conflicts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Fellow JVC NX7 / RS2000 Owners,

I installed my JVC NX7 a few days ago. I installed the 3.1 firmware and am loving the frame adapt HDR.

My HT processor is the Marantz 8802A, I have it hooked up to a ATV 4k. I have all the correct wiring, everything is running as it's supposed to. Amazing, just wow.

What are the optimal settings for this projector (menu options and settings etc), anything I need to set on the Marantz processor?

I know this has been discussed but I am struggling to find it in this forum. Appreciate the help fellow NX7 owners!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Hello Fellow JVC NX7 / RS2000 Owners,

I installed my JVC NX7 a few days ago. I installed the 3.1 firmware and am loving the frame adapt HDR.

My HT processor is the Marantz 8802A, I have it hooked up to a ATV 4k. I have all the correct wiring, everything is running as it's supposed to. Amazing, just wow.

What are the optimal settings for this projector (menu options and settings etc), anything I need to set on the Marantz processor?

I know this has been discussed but I am struggling to find it in this forum. Appreciate the help fellow NX7 owners!

Thanks!
Do a Google search for "JVC Autocal Software V12 calibration for 2019 RS1000/RS2000/RS3000/NX5/NX7/NX9" and it will get you off on the right foot.

Reactions: Manni01

·
Registered
14,459 Posts

I binged all the MCU movies, when I got to Infinity War the detail really went to another level. Sure enough it’s the first with a true 4K DI. A dozen movies later I can consistently tell when I’m look at a 2K DI or something higher... like I wasn’t enough of a snob to begin with.

That being said, Terminator 2 is most perplexing. Says it’s a true 4K DI, and it looks true. The reviews everywhere say it’s a wax fest(DNR).. yes the color timing has been drastically changed to the point it’s arguably revisionist, and most of the grain has somehow been eliminated. However I can’t detect any actual DNR or loss of detail anywhere, and I’m very familiar with it.

There's no film grain in it which is why it looks like wax (via DNR). It's also been overly sharpened which gives the perception of 'detail', but there is no question detail has been lost in this process. One day we might see a properly non-DNR version and I think the difference will be apparent. I've seen some real, nicely preserved 35mm frames of the movie out there and it looks worlds better. And then color timing, ugh. The teal is just ridiculous at times.

·
Banned
4,171 Posts

Avengers: Infinity War is not real 4k, shot at 8k Redcode Raw and at 6.5k with Arriraw while being 2k mastered. It does look spectacular so I could see why you would think so. Because of all the CGI in the MCU I am unaware of any film except for Black Panther that has a confirmed 4K digital intermediate. Captain Marvel is rumored to be true 4K as well but not confirmed. Most of the recent MCU films look fantastic on 4K. Guardians of the Galaxy volume 2 has some great HDR and looks really sharp and detailed. X-Men Apocalypse is true 4K and looks amazing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,116 Posts
Have not looked in here for awhile any JVC rumours on next units -
someone I know in market thou likely won't be purchasing till oct/nov - thxs
Rumors are only that - and worthless. Best to check back in Oct / Nov .

·
Registered
18,116 Posts
If there is any good news to this, you do not need a show to launch new gear ;)
You do need a show to see new projectors in person however. Or wait until you can get a demo unit in person - which can take a while.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
My new, larger StudioTek 130 G4 was installed yesterday. Despite approximately 25% greater screen area when compared with my old Firehawk screen, I was not aware of any loss of brightness with my NX7 while using my previously calibrated settings. The accuracy of color rendition appears quite consistent across the whole screen. Scenes demanding wide ranging HDR saturation "POP" without exaggeration. There is absolutely no sparkle and 4K sharpness is right on the money. I want to make a shout out to the technician at Stewart Film Screens (Anson Mayweather) who assisted me in this process. He knew the salient attributes of the JVC PJs and was very professional and patient, providing me with all necessary information regarding my many options of both frame & screen material. I couldn't be happier with the mating of the G4 screen surface & NX7!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
My new, larger StudioTek 130 G4 was installed yesterday. Despite approximately 25% greater screen area when compared with my old Firehawk screen, I was not aware of any loss of brightness with my NX7 while using my previously calibrated settings. The accuracy of color rendition appears quite consistent across the whole screen. Scenes demanding wide ranging HDR saturation "POP" without exaggeration. There is absolutely no sparkle and 4K sharpness is right on the money. I want to make a shout out to the technician at Stewart Film Screens (Anson Mayweather) who assisted me in this process. He knew the salient attributes of the JVC PJs and was very professional and patient, providing me with all necessary information regarding my many options of both frame & screen material. I couldn't be happier with the mating of the G4 screen surface & NX7!
That’s what I’ve heard...

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Reactions: skylarlove1999

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
that is great feedback for anyone consider :) good to hear there is a higher gain option for folk to consider... what screen size and at distance are you viewing at ? this will help folks considering something similar :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
that is great feedback for anyone consider :) good to hear there is a higher gain option for folk to consider... what screen size and at distance are you viewing at ? this will help folks considering something similar :)

I echo that statement since I’m in the same situation. I bought my NX5 last month and I paired it with a silver ticket 135”. To me it just seem the picture was lacking so I bought the ST130 G4 last night. I’m super excited to get up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
As I've previously posted: 127" diagonal 16:9 (110.5" x 62"). NX7 at approximately 15-15.5'. Viewed at approximately 14'.

Reactions: alebonau

·
Registered
141 Posts
JVC NX 5/7 worth it in my room?

Looking to redo the video setup in my HT to take advantage of the improved room conditions.

Current: Epson TW 6700 (Home Cinema 3700 in the US), no-name motorized matte white 135 in diagonal 1.0 gain screen

What I'd really like to have: JVC NX5/7, Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 135 in diagonal, MadVR Envy (purchases in that order)

Can only do projector for now.

Room condition:
------------------
Non-dedicated room which has become pseudo-dedicated over the course of the last 2.5 years:).

While there are multiple doors and windows, curtains with blackout materials stitched to the back and room treatments mean that ambient light sources are the bottom of one of the bedroom doors and the bottom of the sliding door that acts a partition between the HT room and the living room.

Ceilings and all of the walls have been painted a dark shade of blue with a pinch of black. Have a red carpet (thick) that I'm currently not using because of the room treatment work. Willing to improve the room to get it to a point where the JVC becomes worthwhile, if current conditions won't do.

Seating, throw and viewing:
------------------------------

We sit 16 ft away in 1 row of seating 12 ft wide. The current Epson is mounted on the ceiling, a couple of feet behind where we sit.

There's plenty of day-time viewing, with the room sealed (if you will). FWIW, I put 3000 hours on my first Epson bulb in 3 years.

Sources:
----------

Vast majority of content from ATV4K for movie rentals, Netflix, Prime and other local streaming services
Oppo 103 for what has turned out to be very little disc playback (this may change if I get the JVC)
STB, mostly for Liverpool games!

Given all of this, would a JVC NX 5/7 be worth it in my room? How about the Epson 6040? Locally, the NX7 is 50% more expensive than the NX5 and the NX5 is 2.3 times the cost of the 6040.

My heart is set on the JVC, while the head is telling me to consider the Epson. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Looking to redo the video setup in my HT to take advantage of the improved room conditions.

Current: Epson TW 6700 (Home Cinema 3700 in the US), no-name motorized matte white 135 in diagonal 1.0 gain screen

What I'd really like to have: JVC NX5/7, Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 135 in diagonal, MadVR Envy (purchases in that order)

Can only do projector for now.

Room condition:
------------------
Non-dedicated room which has become pseudo-dedicated over the course of the last 2.5 years:).

While there are multiple doors and windows, curtains with blackout materials stitched to the back and room treatments mean that ambient light sources are the bottom of one of the bedroom doors and the bottom of the sliding door that acts a partition between the HT room and the living room.

Ceilings and all of the walls have been painted a dark shade of blue with a pinch of black. Have a red carpet (thick) that I'm currently not using because of the room treatment work. Willing to improve the room to get it to a point where the JVC becomes worthwhile, if current conditions won't do.

Seating, throw and viewing:
------------------------------

We sit 16 ft away in 1 row of seating 12 ft wide. The current Epson is mounted on the ceiling, a couple of feet behind where we sit.

There's plenty of day-time viewing, with the room sealed (if you will). FWIW, I put 3000 hours on my first Epson bulb in 3 years.

Sources:
----------

Vast majority of content from ATV4K for movie rentals, Netflix, Prime and other local streaming services
Oppo 103 for what has turned out to be very little disc playback (this may change if I get the JVC)
STB, mostly for Liverpool games!

Given all of this, would a JVC NX 5/7 be worth it in my room? How about the Epson 6040? Locally, the NX7 is 50% more expensive than the NX5 and the NX5 is 2.3 times the cost of the 6040.

My heart is set on the JVC, while the head is telling me to consider the Epson. Thoughts?
I dont have a dedicated room and can tell you I easily have seen the benefits of going from epson 9000 series (same basis same dark chip fuji optics etc as current series), to jvc x35 to x7000 to now n7... it will hit you in the face ! I kid you not

I sit there gob smacked and I have each time i owned a projector - eg the epson and had two generation of those wondered can it get any better and bet you... it does with move from epson to jvc to jvc eshift with dual iris to now n7 with dual iris and native 4k ... is it worth it ? oh definitely ....

as long as room is sealed and can eliminate like leakage you will see the benefits ... in my mind with my own experience there is no question of this.

some folks seem to believe there is no benefit of jvc over epson in a non dedicated room... in my mind with 2 generation of epson and ownership of 3 generation of jvc... i will say oh **** there is benefit.

also some will suggest oh unless a dedicated room you won't appreciate the contrast ... to that i say **** you will :D I certainly have ....does it mean you won't notice even more in a dedicated room oh yeah am sure will. as will even more in a velvet lined black hole as some manage...not something we all can do ... but there is still benefits to be had and enjoyed...

go for it ... enjoy the fruits ... :D

ps as a clarification...i have actually helped two folk into epson ... it has its place if budget is limited ...but if wanting to bathe in the pure picture quality jvc provide id go n5/n7... n7 if budget will allow its worth it....

·
Registered
292 Posts
What are you guys using to play Netflix hdr content on your nx7? I use an Apple TV 4K. It used to show up as hdr (non Dolby vision). But recently on the Netflix screen it just says ultra HD 4K. No longer listing content as hdr.

Thanks,

28421 - 28440 of 29237 Posts