AVS Forum banner

28441 - 28460 of 29221 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
So I've had my RS2000 for a year now and absolutely love it. I finally decided to take the plunge and get a Panamorph DCR lens. All I can say is.......WOW!!!! I can't wait to get it calibrated in the near future. Thanks, Mike!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,376 Posts
I agree that in most cases using DHCP is easier. However, one can also manually assigning IP addresses, as long as you restrict the DHCP server to a specific address range to avoid potential conflicts.
Yes, it can be done, but realistically, this should never be done in a network. As the network grows, you risk having conflicts in IP addresses. The proper way to set a manual IP is to enable DHCP and then configure a static IP address in the router. The effect is the same, but the benefit is you have all your IP addresses in one location and should not get any devices assigned to the same IP that way. There have been multiple times in this thread alone where a person has had IP control issues and had static IP set with a conflicting IP address on his network.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Yes, it can be done, but realistically, this should never be done in a network. As the network grows, you risk having conflicts in IP addresses. The proper way to set a manual IP is to enable DHCP and then configure a static IP address in the router. The effect is the same, but the benefit is you have all your IP addresses in one location and should not get any devices assigned to the same IP that way. There have been multiple times in this thread alone where a person has had IP control issues and had static IP set with a conflicting IP address on his network.
I'm running a network analyzer on an iPad it is very useful to sniff out ip addresses and connected devices in the local network.

I use it to ping the projector if for some reason JVC Autocal fails to connect to the projector. After a ping the connection check returns connection ok and there is no need to power cycle the projector.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
What are you guys using to play Netflix hdr content on your nx7? I use an Apple TV 4K. It used to show up as hdr (non Dolby vision). But recently on the Netflix screen it just says ultra HD 4K. No longer listing content as hdr.

Thanks,
I utilize 4K ATV for most of my movies, unless playing on the Oppo w/ disc. However, I find Netflix is better, IMHO, played on my XboneX, sounds better (Atmos) and movies that are 4K are actually 4K when played, unlike ATV, which I believe throttles bandwidth during peak viewing times.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
967 Posts
So I've had my RS2000 for a year now and absolutely love it. I finally decided to take the plunge and get a Panamorph DCR lens. All I can say is.......WOW!!!! I can't wait to get it calibrated in the near future. Thanks, Mike!!!!
Yup it is awesome....Next get a Lumagen and see how you never need to touch the projector controls with aspect ratios etc and has good DTM. Not quite as good as MadVR PC version but close enough.

Enjoy.....

Reactions: skylarlove1999

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hello Fellow JVC NX7 / RS2000 Owners,

I installed my JVC NX7 a few days ago. I installed the 3.1 firmware and am loving the frame adapt HDR.

My HT processor is the Marantz 8802A, I have it hooked up to a ATV 4k. I have all the correct wiring, everything is running as it's supposed to. Amazing, just wow.

What are the optimal settings for this projector (menu options and settings etc), anything I need to set on the Marantz processor?

I know this has been discussed but I am struggling to find it in this forum. Appreciate the help fellow NX7 owners!

Thanks!
Let you projector break in and get some hours on it before calibrating.

Make sure you are just passing through the Marantz for video.

You primarily going to use native and Frame Adapt for the video. Every room is different so don't just plug in some numbers from someone else. Mine will be different than yours.

Play a little with the Manual Iris in Native mode for contrast and see where you like it for a balance of light output to contrast.

You really should not mess with the color controls without some calibration equipment to know where you are with it.
Just write down where everything is before you mess with it and you should be fine.

Just have fun and be amazed!

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
The problem with using pass through with a Marantz/Dennon receiver is that you can't access the reciver setup to make any changes. I would be sure that you turn upscailing off on the receiver and not limit HDMI output resolution. If you set it that way you can access the other receiver controls.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I dont have a dedicated room and can tell you I easily have seen the benefits of going from epson 9000 series (same basis same dark chip fuji optics etc as current series), to jvc x35 to x7000 to now n7... it will hit you in the face ! I kid you not
That's fairly emphatic and I have the Epson 3700. So, safe to say that I'll see some significant difference in PQ:).

as long as room is sealed and can eliminate like leakage you will see the benefits ... in my mind with my own experience there is no question of this.
I may have overstated the "sealed" wrt my room. 2 bedroom doors and a door to a kitchen can be closed, but unfortunately it's not a tight seal. So, there's some light leakage.

Would that change your (or anyone else's) answer?

ps as a clarification...i have actually helped two folk into epson ... it has its place if budget is limited ...but if wanting to bathe in the pure picture quality jvc provide id go n5/n7... n7 if budget will allow its worth it....
Fair enough. Don't think I can justify the NX7 in my room at 50% extra cost (locally. There are other options I'm considering where the difference is not as big). I'd rather put that towards the MadVR Envy when it becomes available.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The problem with using pass through with a Marantz/Dennon receiver is that you can't access the reciver setup to make any changes. I would be sure that you turn upscailing off on the receiver and not limit HDMI output resolution. If you set it that way you can access the other receiver controls.
You can still access setup through mobile app or web interface though.

·
Vendor
26,603 Posts
You do need a show to see new projectors in person however. Or wait until you can get a demo unit in person - which can take a while.
Problem is everything at the show is "prototypes", not production units, so one would have to wait anyway.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I dont have a dedicated room and can tell you I easily have seen the benefits of going from epson 9000 series (same basis same dark chip fuji optics etc as current series), to jvc x35 to x7000 to now n7... it will hit you in the face ! I kid you not
That's fairly emphatic and I have the Epson 3700. So, safe to say that I'll see some significant difference in PQ:).

I may have overstated the "sealed" wrt my room. 2 bedroom doors and a door to a kitchen can be closed, but unfortunately it's not a tight seal. So, there's some light leakage.

Would that change your (or anyone else's) answer?

ps as a clarification...i have actually helped two folk into epson ... it has its place if budget is limited ...but if wanting to bathe in the pure picture quality jvc provide id go n5/n7... n7 if budget will allow its worth it....
Fair enough. Don't think I can justify the NX7 in my room at 50% extra cost (locally. There are other options I'm considering where the difference is not as big). I'd rather put that towards the MadVR Envy when it becomes available.
Be mad in my opinion to spend on madvr at expense of projector. It won’t make an epson into a jvc ! The dynamic tone mapping is that good on jvc n5/n7 for most folks I’d save the cash. For me hasn’t put foot wrong. Set forget and chucked wide variety of material of various sources.

Re light control it will impact ALL projectors. If not directly on screen unlikely to impact severely. We have doors to our room we close off. Picture doesn’t go to ***** just because someone turns light on in adjoining room 🙂

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
You can still access setup through mobile app or web interface though.
That is true but is there any reason to use pass through since you can turn off upscaling and adjust other settings without using passthrough.
My marantz av8802a is working just fine in the path to n7 I’ve not touched any video settings they are as factory preset. See no reason to 🙂

·
Registered
441 Posts
How long does the free lamp with a purchase of a NX7 last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Be mad in my opinion to spend on madvr at expense of projector. It won’t make an epson into a jvc !
Think something got lost in communication there. The NX7 is 50% more than the NX5 for me where I live. Given my room, I suspect I might not really see the difference in contrast between the 2 units and may as well save the cash with an eye towards the Envy.

The dynamic tone mapping is that good on jvc n5/n7 for most folks I’d save the cash. For me hasn’t put foot wrong. Set forget and chucked wide variety of material of various sources.
Which is why I'm leaning towards the JVC, TBH. Even if not the levels of a dedicated video processor, DTM seems to be good enough to watch HDR content. I do value the convenience of set and forget for all input/material sources.

Re light control it will impact ALL projectors. If not directly on screen unlikely to impact severely. We have doors to our room we close off. Picture doesn’t go to ***** just because someone turns light on in adjoining room 🙂
Fair. Should be able to avoid light directly on screen.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Think something got lost in communication there. The NX7 is 50% more than the NX5 for me where I live. Given my room, I suspect I might not really see the difference in contrast between the 2 units and may as well save the cash with an eye towards the Envy.

~.
this is the problem with perceptions though, people say wont not the difference but as i mentioned in my non dedicated room, i have noticed every single projector upgrade done so far for the better :)

Which is why I'm leaning towards the JVC, TBH. Even if not the levels of a dedicated video processor, DTM seems to be good enough to watch HDR content. I do value the convenience of set and forget for all input/material sources.

Fair. Should be able to avoid light directly on screen.
its a truly amazing projector !

this is top gun on uhd ...though a movie from vhs era ... just a hand held screen shot. camera doesnt even capture the detail abound and can see with own eyes but yeah this is possible even in a non dedicated room !

truly mind boggling what these jvc capable off !

·
Registered
141 Posts
this is the problem with perceptions though, people say wont not the difference but as i mentioned in my non dedicated room, i have noticed every single projector upgrade done so far for the better :)
Not denying that. The point of diminishing returns is different for different folks, though. And without the possibility of a demo, some amount of guesswork based on other people's experiences is all I have to fall back upon.

truly mind boggling what these jvc capable off !
Which is why I lust after one, eh? If you don't mind, what's your screen size (and type), throw and viewing distance?

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Not denying that. The point of diminishing returns is different for different folks, though. And without the possibility of a demo, some amount of guesswork based on other people's experiences is all I have to fall back upon.
Which is why I lust after one, eh? If you don't mind, what's your screen size (and type), throw and viewing distance?
yes definitely we all ha e to decide whats best for ourselves, . all projectors talking about are quite popular for their own reasons ...

re my screen its an australian brand screen technics. 1.1 gain. i'm one of those running a relatively small screen ... 92" 16:9 but am viewing at bang on THX spec (2.8m) for this screen size for immersion. so am well and truly resolving 2k and also getting some benefits of 4k :) the good thing with the smaller size as well is that i can happily run on low lamp an still easily achieve the 100 nits needed to do HDR justice :)

28441 - 28460 of 29221 Posts