AVS Forum banner

28481 - 28500 of 29558 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
When I got mine fixed, the repair agent told me they installed the latest firmware. But upon checking it only shows 3.10 which I had on their already. So not sure what he’s on about
I had my N7 come from repair a few weeks back. 3.11 was installed.

Skickat från min IN2023 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,444 Posts
When I got mine fixed, the repair agent told me they installed the latest firmware. But upon checking it only shows 3.10 which I had on their already. So not sure what he’s on about
How's your unit working after the repair?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Love to know what 3.11 bug fixes were.
Me too. I get the sense that frame by frame mapping works better in regards to light fluctuations in scenes with very bright backgrounds (like clouds, horizons etc) but that might be in my mind I will test some more.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,444 Posts
Love to know what 3.11 bug fixes were, not sure why it’s not available to everyone else.
The bug fixes might been so minor like fixing a spelling error or something. I wouldn't worry about it personally. Glad your projector is working. How many hours you got on it since its been back? If they actually replaced the main board I would guess it'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
23,210 Posts
Me too. I get the sense that frame by frame mapping works better in regards to light fluctuations in scenes with very bright backgrounds (like clouds, horizons etc) but that might be in my mind I will test some more.

·
Premium Member
23,210 Posts
The bug fixes might been so minor like fixing a spelling error or something. I wouldn't worry about it personally. Glad your projector is working. How many hours you got on it since its been back? If they actually replaced the main board I would guess it'll be fine.

I watch a movie every night so could be 50-60 hours since I got it back. They definitely replaced a board so JVC AUS they know what to replace now.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
3.1 is the latest. Yes, there is a 3.11, but it is beta, so not going to be installed unless it is specifically needed.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
3.1 is the latest. Yes, there is a 3.11, but it is beta, so not going to be installed unless it is specifically needed.
My projector is now 3.11 after it's repair.

Not sure there are any differences as far as I can tell. Only thing I can tell is that I no longer get stripes issue when switching source resolution and frame rate. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is fixed for good.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My replacement NX5 came today ...they did

a very good job shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Guys I got the planet earth 2 4k UHD disc and it looks wonderful. I hit the info button on my nx7 remote and it says the HDR setting is only SDR? It looks like its running properly on the frame adept mode but wondering why the hdr data is only coming in on SDR? Anyone else getting this?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find any results.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Guys I got the planet earth 2 4k UHD disc and it looks wonderful. I hit the info button on my nx7 remote and it says the HDR setting is only SDR? It looks like its running properly on the frame adept mode but wondering why the hdr data is only coming in on SDR? Anyone else getting this?

Make sure you put in the 4K disc instead of the blu-ray.

Check the settings on your player.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Reactions: skylarlove1999

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sure. Its definetly the 4k disc as the set doesn't have blu rays in them. As well the hdr optimizer on my panasonic 420 or whatever is set off as I find the DTM on the JVC is better suited.

Doesn't seem to be a problem with other discs and the projector automatically goes to frame adept mode as it does for other HDR content.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
So I've had my RS2000 for a year now and absolutely love it. I finally decided to take the plunge and get a Panamorph DCR lens. All I can say is.......WOW!!!! I can't wait to get it calibrated in the near future. Thanks, Mike!!!!
Very Nice! But $9,000.... YIKES :eek::eek::eek: (At least that is what came up when I googled it)

Amazing what they get for a chunk of glass.....

Reactions: johnfusco

·
Registered
2,811 Posts

Power everything down, wait about 10 minutes and then boot back up, 1 unit at a time...happened a couple times to me with certain discs, totally frustrating...

Reactions: skylarlove1999

·
Registered
262 Posts
You might want to call a dealer and inquire. :)

I run 16x9 about 1/2 the time.... Not really in the market. I couldn't see spending over $2,000 either, which I know won't really do it.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts

I think this is an error on the disc. A few Paramount movies trigger this as well out of the Panasonic (but they work on an Oppo according to Ralph Potts).

The Panasonic definitely needs a firmware update for this an other issues. With Victoria Season 3, it would only play the middle episode (out of three) on discs 1 and 3 no matter which episode you chose to watch. I ended up having to pull a Samsung UHD player out of storage in order to watch that show.

·
Registered
14,464 Posts
I'm having issues with my 820 playing First Blood (Rambo) UHD BD. Pixelated randomly. Others have reported it as well.

28481 - 28500 of 29558 Posts