AVS Forum banner

29241 - 29260 of 31811 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
if u guys watch the news we just had the biggest explosion outside of an atomic bomb , just crazy, the whole glass in the house shattered and i m miles and miles away! Just sad day.... can this year really get any worse..
Wow, I am sorry to hear. I have to find out what is happening. I thought I seen something about it briefly.

·
Registered
JVC RX7 Projector, Seymour Matinee Black 120" Screen, Denon AVRx6500h, DirecTV, Roku, 4k BDP
249 Posts
Massive chemical explosions. Too soon to tell if it’s an accident or intentional. Massive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wow, I am sorry to hear. I have to find out what is happening. I thought I seen something about it briefly.
Yes we had 2700ton of a very explosive material held on our port and it exploded , our capital city looks like a wasteland, really just like out of a movie...

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
if u guys watch the news we just had the biggest explosion outside of an atomic bomb , just crazy, the whole glass in the house shattered and i m miles and miles away! Just sad day.... can this year really get any worse..
I'm really sorry to hear this. Lebanon has been through a lot. I hope you are okay.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this. Lebanon has been through a lot. I hope you are okay.
thank you Craig, we just hope and pray it gets better🙏

·
Registered
29,647 Posts
Don't be so eager to update firmware...... If your PJ is currently work OK with no issues....don't worry about a new firmware... :)

I am still running an older beta Firmware with my Z1/RS4500..... I have never had any issues and thus never bothered to update to the newer versions that were released for it latter on...

As safe as the new firmware update procedure can be , there is ALWAYS a chance of something going amiss...
Yep. If it is not broken, don't try to fix it. I am still running 2.07, since my projector is running issue free and I have a Lumagen, so do not need Frame Adapt. That chance of something going amiss is why JVC did not release 3.11. 3.11 is so minor, that the risk was not worth it.

·
Registered
29,647 Posts
Yes we had 2700ton of a very explosive material held on our port and it exploded , our capital city looks like a wasteland, really just like out of a movie...
That is terrible what happened. Looking at the pictures, the destruction is unbelievable. :(

·
Premium Member
23,423 Posts
Just saw the video, oh man 😔 that’s not good at all.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Can someone explain to me how some people get replacement projectors & others got to waiting until their projectors are fixed? I shipped my projector off Monday for color lines issues but I don't understand why I didn't get a replacement offer after this issue wasn't my fault and my dealer is an authorized dealer?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
What model is your projector?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Question..

After the SpyderX calibration, I like to think the projector reams every last bit of shadow detail. However it’s arguably too much. I notice artifacts in shadow detail of many streaming shows, I write that off as it exposing source material. However some BDs have the issue as well.
Prime example, Kill Bill Vol. 2 BD. The scene where she’s buried alive. Intermittently before she turns on the flashlight, she’s barely visible while being buried.... should she be? Lol

·
Registered
636 Posts
Question..

After the SpyderX calibration, I like to think the projector reams every last bit of shadow detail. However it’s arguably too much. I notice artifacts in shadow detail of many streaming shows, I write that off as it exposing source material. However some BDs have the issue as well.
Prime example, Kill Bill Vol. 2 BD. The scene where she’s buried alive. Intermittently before she turns on the flashlight, she’s barely visible while being buried.... should she be? Lol
Not sure to be honest but after I ran the 33 point gamma and colour on my x7900 sometime ago I ended up with a nasty red tint to blacks, I reran it using 20 point normal and it was fine.
must admit I’m nervous about running autocal on my N7 but it definitely needs it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I watched it on our local news in the UK and was horrified and saddened 😕

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,994 Posts
I saw that but what was the cause? That seemed to be left out of all the news here.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,994 Posts
Can someone explain to me how some people get replacement projectors & others got to waiting until their projectors are fixed? I shipped my projector off Monday for color lines issues but I don't understand why I didn't get a replacement offer after this issue wasn't my fault and my dealer is an authorized dealer?
If you're in USA you should be requesting "advanced exchange" although it may not be available for you and also JVC may not have any projectors due to COVID delays.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Not sure to be honest but after I ran the 33 point gamma and colour on my x7900 sometime ago I ended up with a nasty red tint to blacks, I reran it using 20 point normal and it was fine.
must admit I’m nervous about running autocal on my N7 but it definitely needs it.
Interesting...I felt I had/have the same red tint to blacks but the board convinced me it was my eyes as the meter couldn’t be wrong...I use the Spyder X for gamma and the EFI 2000 for color...

29241 - 29260 of 31811 Posts