AVS Forum banner

29261 - 29280 of 31962 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Interesting...I felt I had/have the same red tint to blacks but the board convinced me it was my eyes as the meter couldn’t be wrong...I use the Spyder X for gamma and the ESR 2000 for color...
What setting is required to receive an email when someone responds to my post...I use to get the email before the AVS upgrade but don’t now...checked settings but everything looks ok...thanks

·
Premium Member
23,442 Posts
What setting is required to receive an email when someone responds to my post...I use to get the email before the AVS upgrade but don’t now...checked settings but everything looks ok...thanks
Yep I asked the same. I had to go back to Tapatalk pro to be notified

Reactions: asharma

·
Registered
345 Posts
if u guys watch the news we just had the biggest explosion outside of an atomic bomb , just crazy, the whole glass in the house shattered and i m miles and miles away! Just sad day.... can this year really get any worse..
Praying for your safety.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone,

I upgraded firmware of my N5 last October to v3.10 but I did not make factory reset after that. Is factory reset recommended after firmware upgrade with JVC projectors? From my profession in industrial automation I know some devices prefer to have factory reset BEFORE firmware upgrade and some AFTER, some doesn't care at all. It is really depending on the manufacturer's guideline.
I have not seen any problems after upgrade and I have done that now three time from original v2.05->2.07->2.08->3.10.
But now I have this dynamic iris/aperture problem in which picture suddenly dims down, comparable to aperture setting -12...-13 in Auto2 and it is only corrected by changing aperture to Manual or opening Menu or power cycling projector. Could factory reset have any corrective effect on this? Then, if problem is mechanical, possibly not.
PS. I measured max. exhaust air temperature 57-59C (room air 25-26C) from the left side vent grill (projector mounted on the shelf). Is that exhaust air temperature too high? A tear down article in cinehome.de mentions two fans on this side and I can verify they both are operating but I don't know if they operate with proper rpm. On the right hand side there is a fan you can see from the outside but exhaust air temperature is always low compared to left hand side vent.
Edit: I forgot to mention lamp is used in low setting and fans are not ramping to higher speed when this iris problem happens.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I saw that but what was the cause? That seemed to be left out of all the news here.
We had 2700ton of highly explosive material ceased in a warehouse at our port, instead of getting rid of it they just kept it there for 5-6 years now and it exploded for unknown reason so far, its 5th of an atomic bomb, really disastrous, it had around 20miles radius, even they felt it in close countries..

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,039 Posts
We had 2700ton of highly explosive material ceased in a warehouse at our port, instead of getting rid of it they just kept it there for 5-6 years now and it exploded for unknown reason so far, its 5th of an atomic bomb, really disastrous, it had around 20miles radius, even they felt it in close countries..
Ya that's terrible. How many were killed?

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
29,714 Posts
Can someone explain to me how some people get replacement projectors & others got to waiting until their projectors are fixed? I shipped my projector off Monday for color lines issues but I don't understand why I didn't get a replacement offer after this issue wasn't my fault and my dealer is an authorized dealer?
It is at JVC discretion regarding exchange vs repair. It probably comes down to what JVC thinks is wrong with the projector. Like some people have tripped the HDMI circuit using a cable with too much voltage. JVC usually has them sent in. Also time frame. If you have had your projector for a couple months or so, would you not rather have your nearly new projector back rather than a refurb?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Issue resolved, after firmware installed, it went through that awful grinding stage for about 10 seconds that the last firmware also did and I think that unstuck the iris.
Hey all,

Started having a weird issue a few days back, it seems that the black floor has been raised slightly on an N7 /NX7. I've factory reset even though it was calibrated and that didn't resolve.. as it turns out, this seems to have unmasked some irregularities in the black uniformity.

For example, you know these have a tendency to go slightly brighter for a moment when locking onto a source and then dim back to it's native black floor, it's as if this is just stuck on that raised level. It's also unmasked some very light horizontal bars, they don't span the whole way across but are roughly half way down and about a 3rd across the screen - never saw them before.

It's clearly affected the overall contrast, all content seems to have taken a bit of a hit from it.

One thing I should mention, I recently (few weeks back) started getting random white noise / snow when playing a 4K bluray from a UB820 connected to an Arcam 850 and the 850 connected by the Ruipro 10m fibre cable to the PJ. This worked flawlessly for almost a year, so when the issue began I spoke with Arcam, they suggested using a power injector. I brought the Lindy one of Amazon UK as the Ruipro is impossible to get. Plugged it in at the source end and couldn't get a picture, I tried multiple USB adaptors - nothing! Plugged it in at the PJ end and it worked but didn't fix the random loss of sync / snow - guessing because the Ruipro is powered from the source and not the display so the injector is not making any difference.

Since the timing is about right, could the power injector have screwed the PJ somehow? Why would it affect the black floor and not the HDMI ports?

It is also worth mentioning that in testing last night, I could hear the dynamic iris moving and pumping slightly on an all black screen, you could visibly see the black floor going up and down.. maybe it's a coincidence and it's a faulty iris?? I've never heard the iris in action before and it's behaviour seemed a little odd.

Many thanks
Issue resolved, after firmware installed, it went through that awful grinding stage for about 10 seconds that the last firmware also did and I think that unstuck the iris.

·
Registered
14,491 Posts
Also, if you got a " golden sample " convergence wise etc., better to send it in and not play that projector lottery !
I did this when I first got my RS440 and I am really glad I did. Really nice sample unit, but the lens shift wouldn't move properly. I sent it in and all it required was for the engine block to be reseated by the tech. Almost 2200 hours later, the unit has been perfect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i wonder if someone could leak it ;)
It's quite minor, it fixes a very specific issue when using HDR in conjunction with one or more of the smooth motion features. It's a colour error or something along those lines, as the others say, unless affected it's not worth the change.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
It's quite minor, it fixes a very specific issue when using HDR in conjunction with one or more of the smooth motion features. It's a colour error or something along those lines, as the others say, unless affected it's not worth the change.
If that's really what it fixes, then it affects everyone.

5/5 NX projectors that I have seen have this color ghosting in the yellow to red range when motion enhance is on low or high. It only goes away when set to off. This only happens in BT.2020 or DCI-P3 color space and happens with or without the wide color filter enabled.

I would certainly be interested in seeing this fixed on my projector and I know a few others who would as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
you mean the strange highlights with motion enhance on? if it fixes THAT then JVC should release it to the public ASAP because is affecting everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, I don't know more about the details. If someone wants to try it then let me know. Risk is up to you guys..

·
Premium Member
23,442 Posts
New JVC movie teaser out there. It says:

"Go Further, Experience The Ultimate In HDR Update "Frame Adapt HDR" Coming Soon!!"
I’d that for all NX Projectors or just the NX9 Mike ?

·
Premium Member
23,442 Posts
I do not know, but I think it will be for all native 4K models, except for 4500.
Awesome !! Looking forward to it. Good to see JVC still providing Updates :)

Reactions: alebonau
29261 - 29280 of 31962 Posts