AVS Forum banner

29281 - 29300 of 31927 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I only mentioned one brand, not all fiber optic. Besides, I think you can just add an HDMI voltage inserter before the projector and then you can't send too much voltage to the projector.
Mike what was the brand that had issues? I am using a 50 ft Celerity fiber optic that is powered. I have had zero issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
23,433 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,433 Posts
Hopefully it's on the current models and not on "new" ones being released later this year (or next)!
Hi Dave

Hope it’s for our models. They have the NX9 on that shot.

·
Registered
JVC RX7 Projector, Seymour Matinee Black 120" Screen, Denon AVRx6500h, DirecTV, Roku, 4k BDP
249 Posts
Mike what was the brand that had issues? I am using a 50 ft Celerity fiber optic that is powered. I have had zero issues with it.

I asked them yesterday if there was a list and they said they only tested a couple off brands that were problematic. Did not give names.
But they did say that if you are currently using one that works not to worry about it. The problem cables are powered ones that spike the voltage and fry the HDMI input almost immediately. If you have one that works, you are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
553 Posts
I asked them yesterday if there was a list and they said they only tested a couple off brands that were problematic. Did not give names.
But they did say that if you are currently using one that works not to worry about it. The problem cables are powered ones that spike the voltage and fry the HDMI input almost immediately. If you have one that works, you are good.
That's frightening, buy a cable without knowing which ones are bad and fry your multi K$ projector .......... interesting 🥶

·
Registered
JVC RX7 Projector, Seymour Matinee Black 120" Screen, Denon AVRx6500h, DirecTV, Roku, 4k BDP
249 Posts
That's frightening, buy a cable without knowing which ones are bad and fry your multi K$ projector .......... interesting
They did say stick to the name brands and you should be ok. For what that’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,007 Posts
New JVC movie teaser out there. It says:

"Go Further, Experience The Ultimate In HDR Update "Frame Adapt HDR" Coming Soon!!"
Wasn't that released on FW 3.0? What is this trying to offer?

·
Premium Member
23,433 Posts
Wasn't that released on FW 3.0? What is this trying to offer?
Apparently there updating the Frame Adpt HDR going by what Mike is saying and going by the trailer. I guess we just have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Awesome !! Looking forward to it. Good to see JVC still providing Updates :)
Can't Wait!!! o_O

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Reactions: Drem and Franin

·
Premium Member
752 Posts

That's what I use, 30' Celerity, and I have not had any issues either. The company provides great support as well.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Just hoping its not an NX7s NX9s etc with more CPU power. I understood that the limitations we currently see, as good as it performs, is bounded by the processing power available. Hoping this is a software update though and not a projector hardware update.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,697 Posts

Ruipro ran a little hot. I would just add a voltage inserter.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I'm confused on the cable concerns. Almost all fibre HDMI cables actually have real wires for the power running alongside the fibre in the sheath. The voltage is therefore determined by the source device and behaves no differently whatsoever to a regular HDMI cable. If the cable uses an external power supply I can see scope for naughtiness but Ruipro are powered from the source afaik!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

29281 - 29300 of 31927 Posts