Premium Member
23,434 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,434 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I just passed on information that was reported to me. A voltage inserter is cheap and easy to instal. So I added one to my system.
Sure and I totally appreciate that. Just wish I understood the logic :) Folks should make sure they buy a trusted inserter and USB psu to ensure they don't introduce another problem! Or are you powering off the projector's own USB socket?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,708 Posts
Sure and I totally appreciate that. Just wish I understood the logic :) Folks should make sure they buy a trusted inserter and USB psu to ensure they don't introduce another problem! Or are you powering off the projector's own USB socket?

You connect at source, not at projector. So I have the voltage inserter in my rack, plugged into my Lumagen, which feeds video to my RS3000. Using a USB psu that I already had.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
It would be smart to announce that there will not be new models but there will be a firmware update soon.
This will prevent people for waiting for new models and hurt sales of current ones.

·
Registered
29,708 Posts
It would be smart to announce that there will not be new models but there will be a firmware update soon.
This will prevent people for waiting for new models and hurt sales of current ones.
Yep, that is what JVC just did. Also lets buyers start enjoying use of their system now if the last piece they were waiting on was the projector.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Yep. Also lets them start enjoying use of their system if the last piece they were waiting on was the projector.
With people staying at home this would be a very smart move and get some make their decision now before Sony or others possibly come out with new models. It puts Sony and others on the defensive and would make current JVC owners very happy.

·
Registered
29,708 Posts
Looks like this will be a great firmware update for all 1000/2000/3000. :)
Looks like this firmware will be available late November/early December. Intention is to have this out before end of the year.

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Looks like this will be a great firmware update. :)
Looks like this firmware will be available late November/early December.
I am guessing that JVC will make the announcement soon. It makes sense to hold off the release and it will put more pressure on other companies and probably put JVC ahead for another year.

·
Registered
18,648 Posts
I am guessing that JVC will make the announcement but not release the update until Sept after Sony and others announce any new models. It will put more pressure on other companies and probably put JVC ahead for another year.
It's not 100% ready to go yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry if this been asked before(sure did)but i am on the verge on buying a new N5 and need your help on this:

1-I need a 15 meters hdmi cable from my receiver to the PJ, will i be able to get 4k at 60fps? if so, which hdmi to buy?

2-I also need a new screen, maybe a screen innovations one.Does the black diamond worth the extra expense from the Slate? i will use in a regular living room with only partial dimming conditions and no dark walls around it

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
29,708 Posts
Is it a Lumagen and Envy beater?

Will have to see. I am sure it will be compared, but only talking DTM. This is not a replacement for a video processor.

·
Vendor
27,513 Posts
With people staying at home this would be a very smart move and get some make their decision now before Sony or others possibly come out with new models. It puts Sony and others on the defensive and would make current JVC owners very happy.
I would certainly think Sony will be releasing a new line this year.

·
Registered
18,648 Posts
Is it a Lumagen and Envy beater?

I'd guess it will be considered good enough for most people. The Lumagen and Envy are for people who find only the very best is good enough. Lumagen keeps improving too - there is a new firmware update coming soon.

29301 - 29320 of 31952 Posts