AVS Forum banner

34021 - 34040 of 35400 Posts

·
Rookie Member
235 Posts
I have two JVC Projectors, an RS2000 and an RS600. My 2000 connects using the method I described but the 600 always returns a message as you have shown. It is not foolproof to make these simple connections and as far as I can tell, not much you can do about it if you do run into issues with connectivity. And now, even though I can get my 2000 to "talk" with my computer, I am unable to make a connection with my spyderX to the computer, even though I had successfully made this connection work in the past. My point is that the Autocal procedure is VERY easy, however, getting out of the starting gate is not. I was only able to get far as I got through the help of this community, so hang in there, I would assume someone can figure it out.

·
Registered
30,263 Posts
My neighbor bought a nx7 and the fedex guy left it fully out in the pouring rain. LOL. It was absolutely full of water. It needed a signature and he just left it. Thankfully he had it all on camera, the driver signed it for him hahaha. I'd gonna bet that cost him a job.
I guess it is hard to train out stupid. Here in the US, we have had much better luck with UPS. We tried Fedex for a while and had too many problems.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I guess it is hard to train out stupid. Here in the US, we have had much better luck with UPS. We tried Fedex for a while and had too many problems.
Man I just went through a whole ordeal with FedEx. They badly damaged some wheels I shipped and it took three months to get them to reimburse us for the loss. That was only because we kept calling and asking to speak to another supervisor then another. They are THE WORST if you have a shipping problem from my experience.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Man I just went through a whole ordeal with FedEx. They badly damaged some wheels I shipped and it took three months to get them to reimburse us for the loss. That was only because we kept calling and asking to speak to another supervisor then another. They are THE WORST if you have a shipping problem from my experience.
I've literally had UPS rebox packages in transit and when they items come in damaged they deny claims saying they weren't shipped in the proper containers. I ordered a supercharger a few years back from a guy and he shipped it through the UPS store. It arrived in a plastic bag with the label taped to it. It of course was destroyed and UPS denied the claim saying it wasn't packaged properly. When saying the UPS store was the one that packaged it, they still tried to pass blame. Took months to get sorted out and I still didn't recoup all my funds. Problem is; there is no one holding these companies responsible. Good luck trying to get a hold of someone to even talk to. It's a giant friggin scam.

I know the manager of our local UPS warehouse and the horror stories he's told me is ridiculous.

Reactions: Imatk

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
That's not good. Someone a few pages back posted the exact same image. Said it occurred after the update.

Just wondering if anyone else besides me sees this image on black with their projector. Wondering if it's a firmware issue since I don't remember seeing it until after the firmware update.
View attachment 3062518

·
Registered
10,068 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I suggest that those who are having issues try the following.
1. Connect the cable from the projector to your router or switch directly.
2. Leave DHCP on and find your ip address on the projector. (If often changes when you boot up)
3. Connect your laptop to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Open the Autocalc software and under settings put in the IP address you get from the projector.
5. Hit the check button and you should be ok if you are on the same network.

If you are connected to the same network everything should work using Wi-Fi from the laptop.
YOU, my friend, are THE MAN!
That worked. After 4 days I have success...THANK YOU!

Reactions: rwestley

·
Registered
280 Posts
Coming from a 4910, I'd like to see if some issues have been improved. Looking at the nx5, has the input switching lag been reduced and how is the input lag with gaming?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
As Judge Judy says “Beauty fades, dumb is forever“... 😉

Reactions: bass addict

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Coming from a 4910, I'd like to see if some issues have been improved. Looking at the nx5, has the input switching lag been reduced and how is the input lag with gaming?
No idea about gaming, but with my RS1000 (the "installer" version of the N5/NX5) when the AVR switches inputs, the screen goes blank for about 10 seconds, with the sound coming up in about half that time.

·
Registered
30,263 Posts
Even after talking to JVC, I still had some questions regarding Theater Optimizer set up. Here is clear explanation of set up for lens memory, horizontal expansion lens fixed in place, Horizontal expansion lens on a sled and vertical compression lens, fixed in place.

Lens Memory:

This is simple. Use the actual 16x9 projected image.

For example. You have a 120” 2.35:1 screen. 46.9” height x 110.4” width.

Your 16x9 image is 46.9” x 83.5”. 96” diagonal. Round up to 100”.

Your 2.35 image is actually a 62.1” x 110.4”. 127” diagonal. This is a 16x9 image where the black bars are simply above and below the screen. Round up to 130”.

Anamorphic.

For example. You have a 120” 2.35:1 screen. 46.9” height x 110.4” width.

Using an old school horizontal expansion lens, your actual 16x9 image is 46.9” x 83.5”. 96” diagonal. Round up to 100”. Turn on Anamorphic Scaling (A or B) in the JVC menu. Then set Theater Optimizer.

Using a newer vertical compression lens, your actual 16x9 image is 62.1” x 110.4”. 127” diagonal. It is then compressed. Round up to 130”. Turn on Anamorphic Scaling (C or D) in the JVC menu. Then set Theater Optimizer.

Remember that you need to “set” Theater Optimizer after inputting all other settings, and you need to do it for each memory/install mode.

Also, please note regarding anamorphic. There are two different scenarios. Expansion lens and compression lens. Expansion with a sled will have one memory with anamorphic scaling and one without. With a fixed lens, each of those scenarios will have 2 different anamorphic modes (A&B or C&D). Each of those anamorphic modes will be saved per installation mode and the customer will just recall installation modes when changing aspect ratio.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
According to the reviews the input lag is 35-40ms with lag reduction turned on on the JVC NX projectors. I do game quite a bit and came of a Sony 4K projector which is quoted below 30MS and I can't tell a difference in lag between the two. Now when you turn off the input lag reduction in the JVC menu and try and play, I can definitely tell a difference.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
I am glad you are up and runnning. I have a question concerning the attached image. This a projector message saying it failed to find an IP address, how did you get the proj to find it? I ask because my RS600 returns the same error message when I have DHCP set on and I hit set button.
thanks
You must connect the projector to your router and leave DHCP on to get your IP address. As others have stated the JVC does not have a Wi-Fi option. If it is not connected correctly you will get the failed to connect message.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
So, I have an X7000 which is just over 4 years old.

I'm wondering should I upgrade to the N7. Is it a noticeable upgrade, or quite minimal.
I have a HD fury and Mannis tone mapping set up on my current PJ, so interested to hear from anyone who had a similar set up and made the move.

My room is a batcave, light controlled, with a lot of Devore black velvet.

Would my current 3D glasses and transmitter work with the N7?

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
I am glad you are up and runnning. I have a question concerning the attached image. This a projector message saying it failed to find an IP address, how did you get the proj to find it? I ask because my RS600 returns the same error message when I have DHCP set on and I hit set button.
thanks
You must connect the projector to your router and leave DHCP on to get your IP address. As others have stated the JVC does not have a Wi-Fi option. If it is not connected correctly you will get the failed to connect message.

·
Rookie Member
235 Posts
Thanks, yes my projector is connected to the router as is my computer, no WiFi. my issue with the RS600 is that with DHCP ON the projector cannot find an IP address. It returns the error message “cannot find an IP address”. I use the same method with my RS2000 and it works fine. I was just wondering what else to try on the 600 to establish an ip. And since this is about my 600 and not the 2000 I don’t want to hijack this forum, but...

34021 - 34040 of 35400 Posts