AVS Forum banner

34181 - 34200 of 35364 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Ok, it's not the fan making the noise. When I shut it off, the fans were still running for a while, but the humming stopped.

It's seems to be coming from the light engine. Is that normal?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Could it be a cable issue? It works fine on my oled and led tv. When I plug the hdmi directly into the consoles the projector just continues to flicker and try but it seems like there’s a setting that it’s not understanding and it never connects. I run a 35 foot active cable under the house, so it’s not an easy swap.
  1. Plug the PS5 or the XBX into one of your screens that works.
  2. In the console settings, force the resolution down to 720p and turn off HDR; other settings. Make the console send the most simple and easy to consume signal possible.
  3. Move the console to the projector room and see if you can get it to display anything on your JVC projector.
  4. Try upping the resolution on the console one level at a time until you get to 4k and see where it fails.

·
Premium Member
11,695 Posts
Ok, it's not the fan making the noise. When I shut it off, the fans were still running for a while, but the humming stopped.

It's seems to be coming from the light engine. Is that normal?
you are hearing the eShift mechanism. Turn it off and the noise will go away. It is in the MPC menu.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
you are hearing the eShift mechanism. Turn it off and the noise will go away. It is in the MPC menu.
Ah. OK. Is that common to all the 3000 units?

·
aka jfinnie
4,888 Posts
JVC really could have done everyone a favour and left eShift out of the units; though it seems they thought they needed "something more" to get to justifying the price point. What a complete waste of space. Losing the eShi(f)t whine is one of the things that makes me most want to dump my X7900, still put off by all the reports of odd issues on N series though. I'll probably get some more use out of this and wait for the N70 to drop eventually...
At least it can be disabled with 4K input, which isn't the case on X7900.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,571 Posts
I think it is more noticeable for RS3000/NX9 and RS4500 owners because of the superior lens. The lens is so good that you can focus pin sharp and when you apply Aspect:Zoom you can see a noticeable smear .

I realize that original content is probably shot with 2K or 4K cameras but then it is mastered to UHD 4K with professional software which most likely does a much better job of digital re-sampling than JVC's simple Aspect:Zoom.

I can see the smear with real world content not just patterns, it kind of looks like a soft filter is applied to the image compared to native aspect.
I have an RS4500 and sit only 7 feet away. I can tell the minute differences in PC desktop, games and such. But taking a UHD movie and scaling it to the full panel I can see no difference at all in sharpness. I really don't think there's any sort of "smear". UHD movies just aren't sharp enough to be honest. I think anyone that uses a lens on their scope screen would probably agree with me. I'll try this on one of the drone videos. I'm sure you can tell with 1 pixel test patterns but not in UHD movies no way.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
I don't think so. JVC is a Japanese company with offices in USA right? They're not just china importers. Also, I have a hard time believing that tariffs magically only impact NX7 not NX5, NX9 or RS4500s. Tariffs sure make a good "excuse" for marketing department to sneak the price increase in, however.
Totally agree. I can't see how this would be tariff related as it would impact every model. Its purely a product decision that the projector is worth more in the market place. It's probably their sweet spot for profit margin and this is a capitalist system. No way an NX7 costs that much more to produce than an NX 5...guessing hundreds of dollars per unit...but they can charge whatever the market is willing to pay. JVC is no different than Sony...than Epson..than every other company in the world. Their mission is to maximize profits and employees mission is maximize compensation.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
The difference in cost between the NX7 & NX 5 is what the market will pay. The cost of manufacture has nothing to do with it. I would bet the the difference in cost to JVC is only a few dollars compared with the price difference. JVC is looked at their original sales and the NX7 was their biggest selling model from the group. They also compared the price to the Sony which was higher and realized that they could increase the price. When the supplies were more plentiful JVC offered a free lamp with the purchase. Since demand now seems greater than supply for some reason they have removed the offer. At this point is seems that JVC can sell all the NX7s they can make at the higher price. Who knows when this might change.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Does JVC autocal gamma only affect the gamma for Profile Off on the N series projectors?
I had heard it didn't copy it's adjustments to the gamma table used by Profile Off on older JVC models.

Also, are there any bugs on the N series to watch out for when running Profile Off?

Reactions: Nooj

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
I don't think so. JVC is a Japanese company with offices in USA right? They're not just china importers. Also, I have a hard time believing that tariffs magically only impact NX7 not NX5, NX9 or RS4500s. Tariffs sure make a good "excuse" for marketing department to sneak the price increase in, however.
Nothing magical about it only on one model. I am sure tariffs raised the cost. This next part is speculation on my part. One the RS2000/NX7 does not have any competition at its price point. The closest is the VW695/715 at 10k. So JVC could safely raise the price on the 2000/NX7 and still be below the competition. Also I think the 2000/NX7 is the best selling model. The 3000NX9 may have enough profit in it that JVC decided to eat the increase and on the 1000/NX5, JVC may not have wanted to raise the price due to VW295 already being lower.

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Nothing magical about it only on one model. I am sure tariffs raised the cost. This next part is speculation on my part. One the RS2000/NX7 does not have any competition at its price point. The closest is the VW695/715 at 10k. So JVC could safely raise the price on the 2000/NX7 and still be below the competition. Also I think the 2000/NX7 is the best selling model. The 3000NX9 may have enough profit in it that JVC decided to eat the increase and on the 1000/NX5, JVC may not have wanted to raise the price due to VW295 already being lower.
Isn't this the second time JVC jacked up the price of the NX7 by $1000; i.e., it's now $2000 more than the original price?

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Could it be a cable issue? It works fine on my oled and led tv. When I plug the hdmi directly into the consoles the projector just continues to flicker and try but it seems like there’s a setting that it’s not understanding and it never connects. I run a 35 foot active cable under the house, so it’s not an easy swap.
I am pretty sure your problem is the 35' active HDMI cable. Do you have a link to the cable used?

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Isn't this the second time JVC jacked up the price of the NX7 by $1000; i.e., it's now $2000 more than the original price?
Not correct. The RS2000 only had one increase in MSRP. It started at $7,999 and now is $8,999.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Totally agree. I can't see how this would be tariff related as it would impact every model. Its purely a product decision that the projector is worth more in the market place. It's probably their sweet spot for profit margin and this is a capitalist system. No way an NX7 costs that much more to produce than an NX 5...guessing hundreds of dollars per unit...but they can charge whatever the market is willing to pay. JVC is no different than Sony...than Epson..than every other company in the world. Their mission is to maximize profits and employees mission is maximize compensation.
Dealer cost increased on all three models.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Anyone know a trick for getting more 3D brightness in low lamp on an N5 ?. On my previous X7900 the ‘crosstalk cancel’ setting gave a step up in 3D brightness with each click up to +8, on the N series this tops out at just -3 so the other 11 clicks up to +8 do nothing at all.

·
Registered
10,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Just picked my JVC RS1000 from the vinyl wrapper to match my ceiling color for a positive family response.

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
Auto Calibration question... per the manual... Upon saving the data after performing calibration, a backup file will be saved automatically to the folder selected in “Setting”. All data of the projector set prior to this process will be overwritten.

• Is all data backed up regardless of what type of calibration you run? Say I just run Gamma is all of the "other" data saved as well?
  • Such that if I restore the backup file any/all calibration data I may have changed (at any point in time) is restored back to their original values?

34181 - 34200 of 35364 Posts