AVS Forum banner

35121 - 35140 of 35307 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am 100% sure this is not correct. JVC does not ship direct to customers, so they could not have made this mistake. A distributor orders a batch RS1000/RS2000/RS3000 projectors. Then when a dealer orders a projector, the distributor sends the projector either to the dealer or direct to the customer. If yours was shipped direct, the distributor that the dealer buys from made the mistake or the dealer ordered the wrong projector. I guess there is a third possibility, but I really doubt this happened. There was not an RS2000 so they sent you an RS1000 hoping you would keep it. But that can be an expensive gamble and I doubt anyone would take that risk.
My dealer told me it was coming from jvc . I can only go by what I was told.

·
Premium Member
11,691 Posts
My 16x9 image is only 88" diagonal, so a postage stamp compared to some of your guy's screens :)
Wow. At that size I would seriously consider moving to a 85 or 77" flat panel instead. The difference would be subtle in size but pretty massive in contrast, HDR, brightness, etc. Especially if you went OLED.

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
My dealer told me it was coming from jvc . I can only go by what I was told.
Unless your dealer was Best Buy/Magnolia, that info is not correct, because there are only two dealers in the US that buy direct and I know the other direct dealer did not sell you your projector. :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ive used both the xbox one x and x box series x with my nx7 and am happy with performance.

playing rdr2 on a 120" from 12' with full surround is jar dropping.
any specific questions?
did rdr2 get any visual update on Series X - looked amazing on the one X once I went back to SDR - HDR was awful on that game - going to do another play thru if ever get hands on a series X - imagine load times are night and day on new machine

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Wow. At that size I would seriously consider moving to a 85 or 77" flat panel instead. The difference would be subtle in size but pretty massive in contrast, HDR, brightness, etc. Especially if you went OLED.
Kris, it's a 110" scope screen...it's the perfect size for my seating distance.

Reactions: Franin

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
It sounds like the lens is slightly elevated on one side compared to the other, as the barrel distortion should be at its widest at the middle of sides of the image. Like (). So you should be able to get the corners about perfect but with the middle shooting onto the bezel. The further you are away from a 1.4:1 throw, the straighter it will be.
I'm 15' throw from a 138" 2.4:1 scope screen. So what should I adjust and how? Just one of the thumbscrew/washer things above the plate a little on one side?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Anybody noticed with DLA-NX7 the brightness changing usually in the background of the picture when Picture Mode is "Frame Adapt HDR" and HDR Processing is "Frame-by-Frame"? I was watching a mkv-file and needed to turn HDR Processing to "Static", the brightness changes in the background of the picture were too annoying. Anybody else with the same problem? What is the best practice to stop such changes from happening?

Thanks for any info!
I think its the jvc frame adapt algorithm that gets confused in certain conditions. Like when there is a bright background (like a sky with clouds for example) agains an object in the foreground that is a bit more muted. I see this in plenty of movies. It is a little bit better in the "Scene by scene" setting since its not constantly adjusting, but can still be noticed in the first second of a new "scene". You mention that is was an .mkv. The issue seem to occur more frequent on compressed material, so always try to play uncompressed media (unfortunately streamed media from the networks is too low bitrate too). I dont see this in every movie, but too many to be able to live with the issue. I have reverted back to standard HDR10, with a slightly raised Picture Tone setting. This looks plenty good for me, loving the picture, but yes I would really like to see the JVC frame adapt implementation be tweaked some more to rectify this issue.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think its the jvc frame adapt algorithm that gets confused in certain conditions. Like when there is a bright background (like a sky with clouds for example) agains an object in the foreground that is a bit more muted. I see this in plenty of movies. It is a little bit better in the "Scene by scene" setting since its not constantly adjusting, but can still be noticed in the first second of a new "scene". You mention that is was an .mkv. The issue seem to occur more frequent on compressed material, so always try to play uncompressed media (unfortunately streamed media from the networks is too low bitrate too). I dont see this in every movie, but too many to be able to live with the issue. I have reverted back to standard HDR10, with a slightly raised Picture Tone setting. This looks plenty good for me, loving the picture, but yes I would really like to see the JVC frame adapt implementation be tweaked some more to rectify this issue.
Huge thanks, it seems that this is just the case: bright background, some object in the foreground and it messes the algorithm. Thanks for confirming that I am not alone with this phenomenon. I need to inspect using HDR10 and the Picture Tone settings.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts

·
Registered
30,248 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
did rdr2 get any visual update on Series X - looked amazing on the one X once I went back to SDR - HDR was awful on that game - going to do another play thru if ever get hands on a series X - imagine load times are night and day on new machine
i finished RDR2 on my one x and i went back on the series x and didnt notice any visuals. i used HDR and had no issues.

ive been playing witcher 3 on the series x and load times are non-existent.

very cool so far.

·
Registered
JVC NX5 at 140", Denon X4200W (5.1.2) with Axiom Audio speakers + Bass Shakers
2,310 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I think I might be 25% ish down at 700 hours. Hard to tell. I also practice the same stuff you guys do with making sure not to turn it on and off in a short period.

I feel like I won't be able to resist a new bulb at 1500 or 1700 hours.......
I’m down 25% after about 400 hours (200 on low and 200 on high).

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
True they put up incredible images but they're now so inexpensive compared to when they were first released. You can now get the 77" LG OLED listed for $3,499.
I installed that 77" last weekend. Nice TV.

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
14,779 Posts
Does anyone have a rough idea what kind of bulb brightness decay we get as the hours go by?

I am on only 700 hours on my first bulb (bought the RS2000 a year ago), so I am still good.

But I am curious at what point we drop to 75% original brightness....50%....etc. I am running on High as I like a bright image, and don't care about fan noise, as the projector is set back into a basement storage room.
I’m down 25% after about 400 hours (200 on low and 200 on high).

Greetings,

I am at 800 hours on the second lamp in my RS2000. I am down 4% from the day I installed it. This is more or less consistent with the original lamp too. The ratio between high/low lamp is roughly 35% high lamp/65% low lamp viewing.

Regards,

·
Registered
JVC NX5 at 140", Denon X4200W (5.1.2) with Axiom Audio speakers + Bass Shakers
2,310 Posts
Greetings,

I am at 800 hours on the second lamp in my RS2000. I am down 4% from the day I installed it. This is more or less consistent with the original lamp too. The ratio between high/low lamp is roughly 35% high lamp/65% low lamp viewing.

Regards,
How is this possible?

I measure with a high quality light meter after almost every viewing session, plus verified periodically with a colorimeter.

At high bulb, open iris I was getting about 1550 lumens new, and am getting about 1200 lumens now in the same config.

This is with the original lamp.

How are you measuring?

What is your foot candles, how wide is your screen, and are you using a lens / anamorphic mode, or aspect zoom mode?

35121 - 35140 of 35307 Posts