AVS Forum banner

35161 - 35180 of 35307 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
It's funny - I have a lamp with 1500 hrs on it and get about 96.5 nits peak; yet, my brand new lamp with 150 hrs gets me only 106.5 nits.

As my calibrator isn't coming until the end of the month, I swapped in my old bulb to use for now as I had reached the 150 hrs I wanted to do the calibration on new lamp.
It’s interesting lamp decline seems to be all over the map...Both SirMaster and myself saw 25-30 percent decline in the first 400-600 hours...I also have AC in my theatre room so it’s nice and cool...

Affordable laser will be a blessing...In my neck of the woods there are no calibrators. Fortunately I can Autocal myself but this constant lamp dimming “should” be a thing of the past but isn’t yet...

·
Registered
783 Posts
It would also make lamp switching easier if we could edit the lamp hours. I wonder how effective Theater Optimizer can be when the lamp hours are not accurate.

Reactions: Reezepees

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone ordered AND received an RS1000 or RS2000 in the last month? I ordered an RS1000 at the beginning of December from an authorized reseller. At that time I was told it would be "Drop Shipped" to my home in a few weeks. Not getting a straight answer from the reseller as to when I can expect my projector. Anyone know what the deal is with current stock?

Thanks,
Jerry
I am on the same boat, ordered jvc nx5 from a Sony dealer in Illinois . But still no updates . Paid 5.3k with sales tax but the dealer keeps saying — “JVC has a problem with manufacturing and shipment — they are hit hard by the covid and no stock as of now”

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
It’s interesting lamp decline seems to be all over the map...Both SirMaster and myself saw 25-30 percent decline in the first 400-600 hours...I also have AC in my theatre room so it’s nice and cool...
It would be interesting to see what JVC themselves assumed regarding this, in the Theatre Optimizer.
If someone has 800 hours on the lamp and measures the mid-white (not peak white) luminance, then resets the lamp hours without actually changing the lamp, how much will the luminance drop?

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
I am on the same boat, ordered jvc nx5 from a Sony dealer in Illinois . But still no updates . Paid 5.3k with sales tax but the dealer keeps saying — “JVC has a problem with manufacturing and shipment — they are hit hard by the covid and no stock as of now”
I am surprised you paid in full. I would order from a dealer that does not require up front payment. It is not just JVC that has a problem with manufacturing and shipment due to Covid, it is everybody has a problem with manufacturing and shipment due to Covid. Received an email today with listing of availability on Sony products. Would have been a much smaller list if they had just listed what was available. Front projectors listed on allocation were: HW45, HW65, VW295, VW715, VW915, VW995 and VW5000. That is the full front projector lineup. Availability of Epson 5050 and 6050 has been a problem since june of last year. Denon and Marantz have had inventory problems all year. Yamaha has been practically non existent on their AVR's.

JVC shipment is expected between end of this month to early February.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I am surprised you paid in full. I would order from a dealer that does not require up front payment. It is not just JVC that has a problem with manufacturing and shipment due to Covid, it is everybody has a problem with manufacturing and shipment due to Covid. Received an email today with listing of availability on Sony products. Would have been a much smaller list if they had just listed what was available. Front projectors listed on allocation were: HW45, HW65, VW295, VW715, VW915, VW995 and VW5000. That is the full front projector lineup. Availability of Epson 5050 and 6050 has been a problem since june of last year. Denon and Marantz have had inventory problems all year. Yamaha has been practically non existent on their AVR's.

JVC shipment is expected between end of this month to early February.
I also heard that Ford and Nissan are cutting production due to semiconductor shortage.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
It's funny - I have a lamp with 1500 hrs on it and get about 96.5 nits peak; yet, my brand new lamp with 150 hrs gets me only 106.5 nits.

As my calibrator isn't coming until the end of the month, I swapped in my old bulb to use for now as I had reached the 150 hrs I wanted to do the calibration on new lamp.
Many have noticed variations in the lamps. Even with the original USHIO ones. I am wondering if this is because they were made at different times and possibly at not the same factory. I have no idea how USHIO does quality control and what testing they do. That being said most have had good luck with the current NSHA 250JK bulb which is currently used.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I would never pay in full for something that had any type of delay. That is insane.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'm back to home theater after a couple of years in the Headphone Jungle. I currently have a JVC RS500 which throws a 16:9, 133" image at 14' 1". The Projector Central calculator seems to indicate that this would barely work for the NX 7, but measurements mentioned here seem to indicate that isn't correct:? What's the minimum distance I can have to project the 133" image with N series JVC projectors? If I can avoid moving my mount that would be ideal.

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
I'm back to home theater after a couple of years in the Headphone Jungle. I currently have a JVC RS500 which throws a 16:9, 133" image at 14' 1". The Projector Central calculator seems to indicate that this would barely work for the NX 7, but measurements mentioned here seem to indicate that isn't correct:? What's the minimum distance I can have to project the 133" image with N series JVC projectors? If I can avoid moving my mount that would be ideal.
14'-6", but might require an inch or two more or less. You definitely will need to move the mount.

·
Registered
914 Posts
14'-6", but might require an inch or two more or less. You definitely will need to move the mount.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I have a foot or so I can go back before hitting duct work. It may place me between joists,however, and these new JVC's look like brutes!

·
Registered
30,248 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Question on throw distance as this is my first foray into projectors. I have an NX5 on order and will be pairing it with a 110” StudioTek 130G4 screen. According to Projector Central the throw distance should be 15’11” but could be as minimum as 11’11”. Does that sound about right? Should I move the projector closer to the screen (13’ or 14’) or stick to what Projector Central recommends? I appreciate everyone’s input - thank you!

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
Question on throw distance as this is my first foray into projectors. I have an NX5 on order and will be pairing it with a 110” StudioTek 130G4 screen. According to Projector Central the throw distance should be 15’11” but could be as minimum as 11’11”. Does that sound about right? Should I move the projector closer to the screen (13’ or 14’) or stick to what Projector Central recommends? I appreciate everyone’s input - thank you!
Is 110" screen as large as you can fit in your room? If so, then I would mount around 13'. If you can go larger, then I would mount back a little farther, so if you upgrade to a larger screen in the future, you will not have to remount the projector.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mike - thank you for such a quick response. 110” is the largest screen size we can go. I’ll plan on shooting for 13’. Thank you!

·
Registered
648 Posts
it seems that lamps age differently unit to unit so is it actually ‘proven somewhere that more frequent lamp strikes quicken the process or is that just assumption ?.

Reactions: rwestley

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts

Affordable laser will be a blessing...In my neck of the woods there are no calibrators. Fortunately I can Autocal myself but this constant lamp dimming “should” be a thing of the past but isn’t yet...
That’s one thing, when I had laser couldn’t be beat. Damn shame it didn’t work out for me but also a blessing in the contrast department

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
it seems that lamps age differently unit to unit so is it actually ‘proven somewhere that more frequent lamp strikes quicken the process or is that just assumption ?.
That’s what I would like to know as well

Reactions: panman40

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Check out this post:

35161 - 35180 of 35307 Posts