AVS Forum banner

35421 - 35440 of 37693 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
My NX7 will be pretty close to the back wall. Anyone able to give me a suggestion for a right angle power cord adapter that would work with the projector.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi all, there is lot of good information in this thread. I'm working on my theater setup. For my projector, I started exploring Epson 5040 & 5050UB and finally decided to get JVC-NX5. my room size is 12' W x 31' L x 8' H. the primary seating position will be approx 16 - 17' from the screen. The maximum throw distance I can have is 13' 8" due to HVAC soffit. I am planning for a scope screen (2.35:1 or 2:40:1). what could be the maximum screen size I can accommodate? Since, I have speakers behind the screen, I would like to have minimum 138" screen (diagonal) size. Let me know if it is possible with NX5.

BTW, It is very hard to find JVC-NX5 in-stock. Did anyone received one recently?

I ordered the NX5 through a local dealer in mid-December. At the time I was a told a tentative date would be mid-January. I spoke with my rep yesterday and it now looks like the new date is mid-February.

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
My NX7 will be pretty close to the back wall. Anyone able to give me a suggestion for a right angle power cord adapter that would work with the projector.
The projector calls for at least eight inches of rear clearance so I'm not sure you'll need one. :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
It’s interesting lamp decline seems to be all over the map...Both SirMaster and myself saw 25-30 percent decline in the first 400-600 hours...I also have AC in my theatre room so it’s nice and cool...

Affordable laser will be a blessing...In my neck of the woods there are no calibrators. Fortunately I can Autocal myself but this constant lamp dimming “should” be a thing of the past but isn’t yet...
I went with this

·
Registered
30,716 Posts
Hi all, there is lot of good information in this thread. I'm working on my theater setup. For my projector, I started exploring Epson 5040 & 5050UB and finally decided to get JVC-NX5. my room size is 12' W x 31' L x 8' H. the primary seating position will be approx 16 - 17' from the screen. The maximum throw distance I can have is 13' 8" due to HVAC soffit. I am planning for a scope screen (2.35:1 or 2:40:1). what could be the maximum screen size I can accommodate? Since, I have speakers behind the screen, I would like to have minimum 138" screen (diagonal) size. Let me know if it is possible with NX5.

BTW, It is very hard to find JVC-NX5 in-stock. Did anyone received one recently?
Not possible with the JVC or the Epson. Why not mount farther back? Mount above the seats and then you can't walk under the projector. or mount behind the soffit with the screen below the soffit.

·
Registered
30,716 Posts
According to the JVC calculator you can be as close as 13' 4" using the full 17:9 panel with a 138" 2.35:1 screen. So you should just make it (I'd mount at 13' 8" to give a little wiggle room).
A 138" diagonal 2.35 screen needs 14'-10" of throw using an RS1000/NX5 and full panel width. And you better give yourself a few inches to spare, so I would want 15' at the minimum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not possible with the JVC or the Epson. Why not mount farther back? Mount above the seats and then you can't walk under the projector. or mount behind the soffit with the screen below the soffit.
Thank you for the confirmation. It will be very tough to mount 45lb projector right under the soffit. My screen top edge will be 2" below the soffit bottom. I can mount the projector behind the soffit which will make the throw distance 20' 8" (minimum). Is 21' throw distance too far to affect the brightness?

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
I would use a right-angle cable rather than an adapter:
Note, however, you also need to provide adequate ventilation as others have noted.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I would use a right-angle cable rather than an adapter:
Note, however, you also need to provide adequate ventilation as others have noted.
Thank you.

I am hoping to have 6” of distance. That’s what JVCs throw distance calculator is telling me. I will know more tonight. Just wanted some ideas if it did up being 3” to 4”.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Guys what is the input lag when using low latency mode on the current JVC lamp based models? Also if anyone knows true current lag on my X570 it would be appreciated.

The new Sony 715 has 27ms lag but I would rather stick with JVC for superior HDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Guys what is the input lag when using low latency mode on the current JVC lamp based models? Also if anyone knows true current lag on my X570 it would be appreciated.

The new Sony 715 has 27ms lag but I would rather stick with JVC for superior HDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You are looking at 36ms for the new JVCs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
To all my people with a lumagen, I need your help. Will an NX7 or NX5 paired with a lumagen be close to the picture quality of an NX9 without? I know the nx9 has a better lens, but will I see a difference in sharpness and clarity with normal 4K content?

·
Registered
30,716 Posts
To all my people with a lumagen, I need your help. Will an NX7 or NX5 paired with a lumagen be close to the picture quality of an NX9 without? I know the nx9 has a better lens, but will I see a difference in sharpness and clarity with normal 4K content?
The Lumagen does not make native 4K content sharper. The Lumagen does do a better job upconverting 1080P content to 4K, so that would be sharper than 1080P fed directly to the RS3000/NX9.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Lumagen does not make native 4K content sharper. The Lumagen does do a better job upconverting 1080P content to 4K, so that would be sharper than 1080P fed directly to the RS3000/NX9.
Thanks for the reply mike. Understood regarding the sharpness aspect! What about HDR tone mapping and contrast and just picture quality? Same question, NX7/ NX5 with Lumagen vs NX9 without

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the reply mike. Understood regarding the sharpness aspect! What about HDR tone mapping and contrast and just picture quality? Same question, NX7/ NX5 with Lumagen vs NX9 without
Hi,

i just sold my htpc with madVR on it, because the N5/N7/NX9 have DTM on board. In my eyes it performs almost just as good as madVR/Lumagen.
If i where you and you have the money to spend. I would be looking at te Palladin anamorfp lens. This will get you a bigger bang for your money then a Lumagen ( i think ).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

i just sold my htpc with madVR on it, because the N5/N7/NX9 have DTM on board. In my eyes i performs almost just as good as madVR/Lumagen.
If i was you and you have the money to spend. I would be looking at te Palladin anamorfp lens. This will get you a bigger bang for your money then a Lumagen ( i think ).
So the DTM on these projectors is as good as a lumagen combo? Also is the nx7/nx5 with a lumagen comparable with an nx9 without?

35421 - 35440 of 37693 Posts