AVS Forum banner

17201 - 17220 of 29479 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
v3.10 released. - October 9, 2019

・Adds new "Frame Adapt HDR" function
・Support for 16x9 content when using a Panamorph Paladin DCR lens (adds Anamorphic D).
・Adds new presets to screen adjustment function

·
Vendor
26,657 Posts
After pulling out much of my remaining hair :) I determined that the fiber optic HDMI cable that I was using between my Oppo 203 and the AVP is not compatible with DTM for some reason (FURUI HDMI 2.0b Fiber Optic Cable Nylon Braided HDR10, ARC, HDCP2.2, 3D, Dolby Vision, 18Gbps Fiber Optic HDMI Cable Subsampling 4:4:4/4:2:2/4:2:4). I swapped it out for another fiber optic HDMI cable (RUIPRO 4K60HZ HDR Light Speed HDMI2.0b Cable, Supports 18.2 Gbps, ARC, HDR10, Dolby Vision, HDCP2.2, 4:4:4) and DTM works perfectly!! Buyer beware as always!
That's crazy, I have the RUIPRO myself ;)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
This quality of photos are not so greate :D but you can found there some direfent with HDR optimilizer and with no it...

and its on "auto"
Sorry, to clarify DTM is set to auto?

·
Registered
676 Posts
First time installing a firmware on one of these...it went through some motions and now has been off for about 5 minutes with the red light in a solid state. Is it done and turn it on now?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
yes on AUTO and Frame by frame...
Thanks, we need some experts to chime in on why the Panny Optimizer on looks better with DTM than with the Optimizer off...

Reactions: riddle

·
Registered
782 Posts
That's crazy, I have the RUIPRO myself ;)
I agree. The FURUI was fine for 4K but it would not do HDR at all. Just got them so maybe I can send them back. Only reason I got them is that the RUIPRO were too long.

BTW, anyone on the fence about installing 3.10, I loaded a few discs this afternoon and it made an amazing difference. Check out the bar scene in Passengers - amazing. Even my wife was floored!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks, we need some experts to chime in on why the Panny Optimizer on looks better with DTM than with the Optimizer off...

But does it look better? Id say its better to use med or high. Looking at JVC manual, (which I could be misinterpreting) the auto uses maxCLL/FALL which the 820 is altering when you have the optimizer on.

I would think youd want to use med or high

Reactions: asharma

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I agree. The FURUI was fine for 4K but it would not do HDR at all. Just got them so maybe I can send them back. Only reason I got them is that the RUIPRO were too long.

BTW, anyone on the fence about installing 3.10, I loaded a few discs this afternoon and it made an amazing difference. Check out the bar scene in Passengers - amazing. Even my wife was floored!

3.10 seems to get to the JVC logo screen faster than 2.07 for me. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
595 Posts
But does it look better? Id say its better to use med or high. Looking at JVC manual, (which I could be misinterpreting) the auto uses maxCLL/FALL which the 820 is altering when you have the optimizer on.

I would think youd want to use med or high
Correct. From what I have read so far AUTO setting is using static metadata passed on by the player. Which means setting the Panasonic optimizer to ON is sending either 350 or 500 value to JVC. Settings other than AUTO will do actual frame by frame DTM.

Also, TV Type setting has no effect if optimizer on Panasonic is OFF.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
In an effort to be redundant (I posted this in the other thread):

In my setup Auto seemed to be Low (makes sense based on the manual) and was the dimmest. Medium was a little brighter, but not as nice a MadVR. High was the best, and if I didn't have MadVR, I would use it.

However, on the three titles I tested, MadVR was always substantially more preferable to me.

17201 - 17220 of 29479 Posts