AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4813 Posts

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Hopefully my RS4500 ships today. I received my Chief VCM105J mount today. Just need to go buy some unistrut spring nuts and then I can install the mount.
It's quite odd that I feel depressed every time I look at my bank website and don't see a big charge on my credit card ! :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Correct. Seymour XD. Plan to test with Enlightor 4K material as well and compare.
So about 138" diagonal. Mine is 118" wide 2.35:1, StudioTek 130 G3 ( 128" diagonal ). I'm betting this projector totally shines on screens our size. 2400 lumens is not huge to begin with. I has a Sim Lumis on the same screens - 1200 - 3000 lumens supposedly. It was never too bright. The RS4500 at 2/3 power should be able to give me a great picture with the manual iris closed down for 16 foot lamberts, and laser dimming on, practically forever !

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
1. Have you seen Z1 for yourself?
2. Given that some people cannot live with eShift 4K, what is your recommendation?
Sorry WHAT?? What part of my posts from just last in the other thread don't have me discussuing MY Z1 or even show it hanging in my HT? Or is that some kind of dig at me?

E-shift is more than fine, especially coming from the VW1100 - I A/B'd the 1100 vs RS600 with 4K Sony demo clips coming off a Sony FMP-X10 and the 1100 didn't walk away from the RS600, so I could no longer justify the resolution argument of native 4K in the Sony. For those who have issues with e-shift or should I say 'e-shift noise' that can be introduced, my advice is feed those projectors which use it a 4K signal, from an HTPC for example -mine would be used for a good 70-80% of normal viewing and presents a very pristine image. Otherwise don't utilise e-shift for native 1080p. Mind you I used it with high quality blurays(Force Awakens and Guardians of the Galaxy) the other night with my RS500 and had no issue with the results.

Going to stick with the RS600 or going back to VW5000 ? As I recall , you had a great price on the VW5000. It's the only show in town to light up a big screen , JVC will be a while sorting out these shortcomings .
Not entirely sure at this stage. I may even consider the RS620 as that addresses my main concern with HDR on the 600.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Sorry WHAT?? What part of my posts from just last in the other thread don't have me discussuing MY Z1 or even show it hanging in my HT? Or is that some kind of dig at me?

E-shift is more than fine, especially coming from the VW1100 - I A/B'd the 1100 vs RS600 with 4K Sony demo clips coming off a Sony FMP-X10 and the 1100 didn't walk away from the RS600, so I could no longer justify the resolution argument of native 4K in the Sony. For those who have issues with e-shift, my advice is feed those projectors which use it a 4K signal, from an HTPC for example -mine would be used for a good 70-80% of normal viewing and presents a very pristine image. Otherwise don't utilise e-shift for native 1080p. Mind you I used it with high quality blurays(Force Awakens and Guardians of the Galaxy) the other night with my RS500 and had no issue with the results.
I think its just a language barrier he probably didn't see it in the other thread.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I think its just a language barrier he probably didn't see it in the other thread.
Did cross my mind re language. However, he was also pretty active in the other thread, so that's somewhat surprising, but not impossible of course.

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts

E-shift is more than fine, especially coming from the VW1100 - I A/B'd the 1100 vs RS600 with 4K Sony demo clips coming off a Sony FMP-X10 and the 1100 didn't walk away from the RS600, so I could no longer justify the resolution argument of native 4K in the Sony. For those who have issues with e-shift or should I say 'e-shift noise' that can be introduced, my advice is feed those projectors which use it a 4K signal, from an HTPC for example -mine would be used for a good 70-80% of normal viewing and presents a very pristine image. Otherwise don't utilise e-shift for native 1080p. Mind you I used it with high quality blurays(Force Awakens and Guardians of the Galaxy) the other night with my RS500 and had no issue with the results.

Not entirely sure at this stage. I may even consider the RS620 as that addresses my main concern with HDR on the 600.

I managed to get HDR descent on the RS600, I don't think the 620 will make it any better image wise . The VW675 is a little easier to plug and play but the results in the end are really not much different. The 600/620 struggles a little more with HDR just because it has that ability to dig deeper into the dark and
that is harder to control. Once dialed in though, not to bad at all . Still prefer SDR BT2020 though, I see it as the best mid way alternative.
Unless your screen is big there is nothing wrong with that RS600. I'm happy enough with it, I'm keeping what does not sell between the two. Hoping next year
to see some new and interesting product, if nothing exciting, I'm good for another year.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I saw the JVC 4500 in action at Cedia this year, and I must say it was my favorite thing at the show. The demo clips on the 16x9 screen were truly impressive! I was not expecting to see less than optimistic discussions of the projector in the thread, especially since I have been wondering to myself since buying my Epson 10500 what a true 4k laser projector can offer over my $8,000 Faux-K projector. At 4x the price of the Epson and twice the lumens capability, I would have to think that the JVC should be stunning with 4k content.

I was even considering buying a new JVC 4500 just to test out and compare with the Epson in order to satisfy my curiosity.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I saw the JVC 4500 in action at Cedia this year, and I must say it was my favorite thing at the show. The demo clips on the 16x9 screen were truly impressive! I was not expecting to see less than optimistic discussions of the projector in the thread, especially since I have been wondering to myself since buying my Epson 10500 what a true 4k laser projector can offer over my $8,000 Faux-K projector. At 4x the price of the Epson and twice the lumens capability, I would have to think that the JVC should be stunning with 4k content.

I was even considering buying a new JVC 4500 just to test out and compare with the Epson in order to satisfy my curiosity.

Some of us are expecting them to arrive this week. I'm hoping mine shows on Friday. Looking forward to getting it set up and share some impressions. I'm confident the projector will look excellent in my room.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Sony 1100ES vs JVC 4500

Some of us are expecting them to arrive this week. I'm hoping mine shows on Friday. Looking forward to getting it set up and share some impressions. I'm confident the projector will look excellent in my room.
Considering that you are coming from a Sony 1100, I will be very curious to know how you compare the JVC 4500 to it. I upgraded from a Sony HW40ES to an Epson 10500, which was a large leap in price for me, after initially considering going with the Sony 1100.

I went to Cedia and I was hooked on laser projectors, especially since I enjoy watching on my projector like I would a TV. Seeing a JVC light up a 16 foot x 9 foot screen was amazing to me, and was my inspiration for my wall-to-wall 159" wide 16x9 screen in my home theater. I still actually have dreams of my time at Cedia watching the JVC 4500.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Hey OZ. You have yours on hand already?

Actually, never mind.
I recall some of your comments. Other than the measurements you were asked to provide, you seems satisfied with the image. Personally, I'm not buying into the measurements that are being posted until I see some professional feedback from members I feel will provide reliable, no biased feedback and test results. Kris Deering being an example.

Measurements aside, what issues are you experiencing?
The initial halo of having the unit so early in piece has faded quite a bit when I when I look at the issues of poor native contrast, dynamic dimming performing quite poorly compared to the VW5000, ridiculous level of light loss with the P3 filter (plus its total inaccuracy without calibration), the very significant noise level even in Mid laser. Really this projector is going to be extremely hard to justify for me having just taken down the RS600 I don't know all the guys who've reviewed the Z1/4500 that well, but apart from Kris, guys like Ekki I have total faith in what is reported here and on his review site.
Oz, would love to hear more of your comparisons to both the 5000ES and the RS600. I have both the 5000ES and the RS600. They both are fantastic projectors.

The RS600 throws an incredible image, especially with 4K content, considering the price. I use the RS600 on a much smaller screen than the 5000ES, but I agree that it would be very hard for most people to tell the difference between true 4K and Eshift 4K with real content.

The biggest limitation of the RS600 is its light output.

I have pre-ordered the RS4500, to compare to the 5000ES and the RS600, but I'm having second thought, based on the feedback so far.

I was also told today that Sony will have their 1100ES replacement, which will be a 4K Laser with 2500 lumens at $25k. It will be built using the new 4K Laser engine of their Ultra short throw VPL-VZ1000ES.

I was wondering how large your screen was again? Seems you have had plenty of units to compare the RS4500, and in a real home theater environment.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I look forward to hearing more.

Reactions: Woof Woof

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Oz, would love to hear more of your comparisons to both the 5000ES and the RS600. I have both the 5000ES and the RS600. They both are fantastic projectors.

The RS600 throws an incredible image, especially with 4K content, considering the price. I use the RS600 on a much smaller screen than the 5000ES, but I agree that it would be very hard for most people to tell the difference between true 4K and Eshift 4K with real content.

I have pre-ordered the RS4500, to compare to the 5000ES and the RS600, but I'm having second thought, based on the feedback so far.

I was also told today that Sony will have their 1100ES replacement, which will be a 4K Laser with 2500 lumens at $25k. It will be built using the new 4K Laser engine of their Ultra short throw VPL-VZ1000ES.

I was wondering how large your screen was again? Seems you have had plenty of units to compare the RS4500, and in a real home theater environment.

I have an RS600, just sold a VW600, and hopefully later this week I'll have my RS4500. I'll chime in once I get everything set up on the new projctor.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

I have an RS600, just sold a VW600, and hopefully later this week I'll have my RS4500. I'll chime in once I get everything set up on the new projctor.

Would love to hear your thoughts a well Craig! Hopefully you and Mike and some other guys in the US will start to get hands on these units.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Would love to hear your thoughts a well Craig! Hopefully you and Mike and some other guys in the US will start to get hands on these units.
They took my money today, and I guess maybe mine will ship tomorrow. I should have it by Friday I hope, which gives me the weekend to install it. So by this time next week hopefully there will be more reports from more people on more units. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did cross my mind re language. However, he was also pretty active in the other thread, so that's somewhat surprising, but not impossible of course.
I'm not a native English speaker so there might be lost in translation;), but my question was very simple. Have you seen Z1 picture by yourself or your argument is totally based on opinions or numbers posted here.

Other thread is about how to calibrate Z1 in HDR and I'm not seeking any argument.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

I heard the exact same thing but it seemed way out there and even posted a thread to see if anyone else heard anything.

21 - 40 of 4813 Posts