·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
Congrats! The 420 is a diff projector with large enough differences that owners may get confused if we talk about things in here that those projectors lack.

Best to leave them out as per the last series of threads.

·
Registered
19,533 Posts

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
I have an X9500 on order now, I will not get it until mid Feb though, but luckily I will be away on a tropical island until the 10th!

But those last 5-7 days when I get back are going to suck with no PJ in the house!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Ditto

Thanks to High Impact AV for getting this baby here fast! @desertdome

Michael will be doing a professional calibration on my 520 right before the KC Home theater crawl next month!

Now for the unboxing!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
Ditto

Michael will be doing a professional calibration on my 520 right before the KC Home theater crawl next month!

Now for the unboxing!!!
OK,

I am just going to say this now, EVERYONE who buys one of these puppies has to do the thumbs up with the box. Bonus points for the box being in the trunk of your car.

This is going to be hilarious.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Ditto

Now for the unboxing!!!
OK,

I am just going to say this now, EVERYONE who buys one of these puppies has to do the thumbs up with the box. Bonus points for the box being in the trunk of your car.

This is going to be hilarious.

Haha! Yeah it was just a spontaneous thing I did when I posted to the KC crawl thread. Then Michael did it too when he started this thread.

Love it!!!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Of course the pictures never look exactly like what I am seeing on screen. But here is the obligatory iPhone pics of 1080p material from 2016 Dolby demo disc. I am just rolling with natural mode untouched.

So far I am very very impressed. And that is coming from an rs 400!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same projector and connected it a few days ago! In trying to connect my roku ultra I noticed I wasnt getting 4k UHD (option was grayed out). Lat night I tried to connect my OPPO DVD and couldnt get a picture. I removed my receiver from the equation and same result?

HDMI Cable??

Any thoughts? Supposedly the cable was certified for 18gbps per second?? Is there a setting on the projector I am missing? Or do I need to run a new cable in the wall?

If I do need a new HDMI does anyone have any recommendations??

·
Registered
916 Posts
havent set mine up yet. anyone have any initial thoughts on the low lag mode?

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
I like the automatic switching to HDR. So far the mode appears to look very natural without any tweaking.
Looking good. What are your settings here, is this literally default HDR ? Because I heard that clips at 2000nits by default? Do you have your contrast on 0?

You should be able to bump it up to around +8 or so to clip 1200nits.

Do you find you need to be in high lamp, what iris position etc?

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I added some pictures to the first post. I'll be swapping my RS500 for the RS520 tonight.

The remote has changed for 2017.

Reactions: ARROW-AV
1 - 20 of 5240 Posts