AVS Forum banner

5201 - 5220 of 5240 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Go to this tread the guys there will help u.. Im just a fan so I don't have much time to help.. The guys in there are the pros.. And yes it will make your projector way better than what you have now..
View attachment 3069989

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
I think I found it since your screenshot cropped part of the name: Dolby Vision, including HDR10 conversion w/ DTM on Projectors?

Looks like a lot of information. I wonder if I can bypass the need for the physical disc since I rip all of my discs to MKV and play them from an NVIDIA Shield from my media server... Going to have a lot of research to do.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I got the diva by mistake its more foe led light but still does the job so I kept it. Get the vertex 2 then go to that thread to set it up..

Thanks Jorge. Can the Linker do everything the vertex does, or do you really need the vertex 2? Vertex is double the cost. Money is tight so don't want to spend more money than I have to.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Thanks Jorge. Can the Linker do everything the vertex does, or do you really need the vertex 2? Vertex is double the cost. Money is tight so don't want to spend more money than I have to.

I believe it does but ask them or on the thread I posted. Im just a regular dude i don't want to give u the wrong info..

·
Registered
413 Posts
What player are you using? This is an essential point even for the choice of the right HDFury device
I have my sources going into my Marantz AV7703 processor then going out to my RS520. However, essentially it will only be for my Shield Pro. So I could put it between the shield and the marantz. It's only for a single source.

·
Registered
666 Posts
This is what you need (I think) for your set.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Sounds like I would need a new Shield... I currently have: Nvidia Shield 2017 version --> Marantz SR8015 (currently, will be an Anthem MRX1140 around the end of January) --> JVC RS520.

So this all gives a Dolby Vision hack, but what else is going on with this? Is there more that we get in addition to Dolby Vision?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Has anyone used the JVC Autocal software for calibrating their projector? If so, are the only two meters really supported the x-rite i1 Pro 2 and Spyder 5 Elite or Pro? All of these meters are out of production. I wasn't sure if the newer meters would work, like the Spyder X Elite or the X-Rite i1 Display Pro or Pro Plus? That's a lot of money to take a gamble on it working or not. Not sure I trust buying a used meter either.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Has anyone used the JVC Autocal software for calibrating their projector? If so, are the only two meters really supported the x-rite i1 Pro 2 and Spyder 5 Elite or Pro? All of these meters are out of production. I wasn't sure if the newer meters would work, like the Spyder X Elite or the X-Rite i1 Display Pro or Pro Plus? That's a lot of money to take a gamble on it working or not. Not sure I trust buying a used meter either.
Check out this thread:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Check out this thread:
Thanks! Any thoughts on the new i1 display pro/pro plus vs the spyder5 elite? They are all in the $250-300 range.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi I know I should not ask but is there any 620 owner willing to sell his/her unit? I did let go one from a member here and I much regret about that. I hope to not be disrespectful with this post. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Hi I know I should not ask but is there any 620 owner willing to sell his/her unit? I did let go one from a member here and I much regret about that. I hope to not be disrespectful with this post. Thank you!
You might contact AVS about stock.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
@Javs I have RS500 and connected to UB900. When I go to MPC menu, I see e-shift disabled with On and Original Resolution set to Auto. Can you please explain why e-shift is disabled and what Original Resolution does. I see Auto/4k/1080P. I'm assuming that Original Resolution is the way to tell projector the resolution of the source being played. Auto means that projector determines it and seems like the proper option but nothing is stopping me from setting it to 4K.
Also, when I click on info on UB900 when playing a 1080P bluray, I see
1920x1080/24p SDR/BT.709
HDMI Video: 4k24p SDR/BT.709 YCbCr4:4:4/12bit
Thx.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On startup last night my 520 went from green light to a single flashing orange between to solid red lights. I need to call support this AM. Any thoughts??
Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive got the last one on the page- Red light (solid)-orange in the middleand then the waning light solid red. Spoke to ivc--they told me to send it in. First world problems. Frustrating nonetheless.

5201 - 5220 of 5240 Posts