AVS Forum banner

13841 - 13860 of 32904 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had to import my copy of Open Range from Germany as it has a wonderful DTS HD master audio track on it.....unlike the subpar UK version....frustrating....!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
I had to import my copy of Open Range from Germany as it has a wonderful DTS HD master audio track on it.....unlike the subpar UK version....frustrating....!!
That DTS track was shockingly awesome (blew my off my chair when Costner destroyed that "Free Range" sign in the bar w/ his shotgun!) ;)

PS - don't even get me started on how bad the US directors are as well (like Cameron who refuses to BD release 2 of my all time favs… The Abyss & True Lies!) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
That DTS track was shockingly awesome (blew my off my chair when Costner destroyed that "Free Range" sign in the bar w/ his shotgun!) ;)

PS - don't even get me started on how bad the US directors are as well (like Cameron who refuses to BD release 2 of my all time favs… The Abyss & True Lies!) :rolleyes:
I don't remember that scene with the "free range" sign. Think am gonna have to re-watch that movie tonight. Totally agree the DTS track was awesome

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
Point is… if you start your gear up while on EDID=10 you can't switch to EDID=8 "on the fly" (but if you start-up w/ '8' then you can switch back-n-forth at will; without power cycling your gear within the Integral chain). ;)

That is not true. I have done this many times.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I have my holiday weekend lined up. I have a 40' monoprice cable in my wall that I have had for a couple years and so far is passing all the 4K stuff.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Ok, so I finally connect to the projector but now when I run autocal input/output I don't get the drop menu, message at bottom , something like no input signal or unsupported format . What's next?
I believe you need to have a source active. Turn on your player so the hdmi to the projector in on.

make sure that the PJ is connected to another source and that source is powered on active. for example your bluray player.
Thx mariob33! This time I played a movie and that permitted me to import BT2020. Thx!!! JJ :)

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
I don't remember that scene with the "free range" sign. Think am gonna have to re-watch that movie tonight. Totally agree the DTS track was awesome
Sorry I was rushing… but remember now… the sign was "Free Grazers" not allowed over the bar (not Range).

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
I believe you need to have a source active. Turn on your player so the hdmi to the projector in on.

I believe you are right, the files are being loaded now. :D

Thank you!

Reactions: Javs and Tom Bley

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
It can be very liberating! :p

Geeze guys I'm going to have nightmares. At least tone it down to a kilt will ya . :p

Oh and I need one too. :D :D

Finally got the BT2020 on board, the new Panny with Fury, WCG,#10 on the Fury and adjustments as suggest by all ya'll . This is freakin good, I must admit. Maybe a hair too dim right now but holy smokes the colors are a new level for me. I stayed home tonight just to get this working, perseverance and a little help ;) paid off. Now I have to leave this for the rest of the weekend. :p All good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am one of those that just switched and I think it is worth the money to make the jump. Everything I have seen has been positive and an improvement over the Samsung. Plus the remote is a REMOTE....not a teeny one like the Samsung.:D
Been only 2 months with the Sammy, may wait until BF or Xmas for a deal on the Panny.

.. I paid $400 for Samsung and would be lucky to get $200 at most out of it plus I gotta spend another $700 to get Panny. I think I gotta wait and see what Oppo announces for a UHD player and then read user reports before doing anything else as it might be the player to get. I envy you guys with a Panny/HDFury combo now. Mike
I feel your pain, early adopter syndrome.

I hope OPPO announces soon so you don't have to wait too long to get in on a proper player.
Oppo is gonna be well over a grand to be sure so I don't think that's an option. After being disappointed by the Sammy, and already watched a dozen 4K films, I can wait 2-3 months for the right player to filter my way. :cool:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
That is not true. I have done this many times.
Hmm... Well I guess something changed then because that came from the Fury thread reported here months ago and ive just been following suit w/ my built in macro sequencing in iRule (ensuring i go back to HDR during power offs). ;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I just spent about 90 minutes going through some demo material with the new Panasonic player.

Overall I was very happy with the results. The colors were crisper and sharper while maintaining deep blacks, skin tones were natural and of course no red push.
What settings are you using on the JVC when watching UHD discs on the Panny?
Gamma?
Brightness?
Contrast?

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
Hmm... Well I guess something changed then because that came from the Fury thread reported here months ago and ive just been following suit w/ my built in macro sequencing in iRule (ensuring i go back to HDR during power offs). ;)
Did it just the other day a bunch of times, started watching Batman v Supes in SDR, then switched on HDR half way through, then back again.

Are you on the latest Fury fw? Do you actually use the Fury much to test this?

There has been two firmware updates for it since ive owned it.

On the Panny at least, in my experience, I don't have to change a thing or power anything down. I seem to remember the Samsung being no different.

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
What settings are you using on the JVC when watching UHD discs on the Panny?
Gamma?
Brightness?
Contrast?
For me:

Gamma 2.3 (AutoCal calibrated) with +2 on Dark to end up at bt.1886 curve. Can aboslutely leave Dark on no adjustment, just personal taste - ZERO black crush, Still an excellent perfect black floor.
Brightness +3
Contrast Zero.

It. Just. Works. :)

13841 - 13860 of 32904 Posts