AVS Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 3243 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you again, chrisfsk !!

I put together all the links one a single spot for those interested in the Chinese firmware upgrade that Chris documented.

LeEco Chinese Firmware Downloads
http://ui.letv.com/website/downloads/72.html

Version: 6.0.059S Updated: 2017-11-02

Instructions for Firmware Update - Thanks ‘chrisfsck’
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lo6u1imr0nm404/INSTRUCTION OF CHINESE FIRMWARE UPGRADE FOR LEECO UMAX85.pdf?dl=0

Make sure filename is update.zip not update.zip.zip

US Firmware Restore
http://g3.letv.cn/267/22/15/scmauto/0/dailybuild/SuperTV/demeter/us/aosp_mangosteen/stable_056/20170420/umax85_umax85_atvus_stable_056_20170323_V2402RUS13C058056B04201S_20170420_154210_atv_us_user/UMAX85_ATV_US_V2402RUS13C058056B04201S_5.8.056S_0420_USER.zip

Would I be able to use the "US Firmware Restore" to update my tv to the most current firmware that's been released?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Would I be able to use the "US Firmware Restore" to update my tv to the most current firmware that's been released?
I can’t say for sure, since I haven’t used the link to that firmware. I just reposted it from a previous entry.
I think theoretically yes though - hopefully someone will confirm this.
Is the online update not working? That was how I updated mine originally.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You are welcome, another good news is LeEco will update their firmware to 6.5.064 along with their new TV models in China by the end of January (now is 6.0.059 for CN and 5.8.056 for US). I don't think it can be happened for US firmware in the near future.
I know you don't know any more than any of us can see from this announcement but when you said this, "I don't think it can be happened for US firmware in the near future" - did you mean you don't think it should be too long before we get an update of US firmware? Obviously at the very least we should have a newer and hopefully further improved Chinese firmware that we can use.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The model in the picture is actually the single arm model but you state you got the dual arm model. Which one did you get and is there a reason to prefer one over the other? On Amazon I fount both single and double arm mounts form 2XHOME for the same price.

I used that one on the leeco 85 very sturdy Mount rate up to 176 lbs. Dual arms. It is 55 buck right now.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
The model in the picture is actually the single arm model but you state you got the dual arm model. Which one did you get and is there a reason to prefer one over the other? On Amazon I fount both single and double arm mounts form 2XHOME for the same price.
Have to double check that. I'll take a picture on the back tonight..

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know you don't know any more than any of us can see from this announcement but when you said this, "I don't think it can be happened for US firmware in the near future" - did you mean you don't think it should be too long before we get an update of US firmware? Obviously at the very least we should have a newer and hopefully further improved Chinese firmware that we can use.
I am saying it seems LeEco will keep updating their software in China but not the case for US, because the last US firmware update was on April of last year and stopped.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It the second one.. Where they has two arms in the back. Much more sturdier then the single arm in my opinion. Much easier for support and pulling the tv out to make changes with the cable.

I installed the low profile and a few single arms before.. This bracket with dual arms is much better over all in my opinion.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It the second one.. Where they has two arms in the back. Much more sturdier then the single arm in my opinion. Much easier for support and pulling the tv out to make changes with the cable.

I installed the low profile and a few single arms before.. This bracket with dual arms is much better over all in my opinion.

Thanks. That wasn't the one you posted but you mentioned dual arms so I got confused. It seemed to me the dual arm one would be sturdier. I don't need to swing left and right. I just need to pull out for access and tilt down for viewing angle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I installed 2x dual arms at home. One is the umax 85 and the other one is a vizio m75. They both came out very well mounted.

The mount give you access space to work with in the back. Make sure you tighten the tilt knob down and pull to your need.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Reactions: acey

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice to hear the Chinese firmware works with Apple TV. I purchased the Harry Potter films in 4K Dolby Vision and will be buying an Apple TV 4k this weekend. Time to upgrade to the Chinese firmware...

Anyone want to try the latest 6.5.064S_1202 firmware? :eek:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pGWvZcGKy8G8hL3EXtt2B1b3uEHzQXyX/

Martin
That doesn't show on their site yet, is it a beta release? For anyone running the Chinese firmware does this show up for online update?

·
Registered
314 Posts
That doesn't show on their site yet, is it a beta release? For anyone running the Chinese firmware does this show up for online update?
I found the link on a Russian discussion board. See post 2097 here: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=754648&st=2080

That's an interesting site with Russians doing the same type of work we are. I verified the Umax85 has the required MStar 6A938 processor.

Martin

Reactions: acey

·
Registered
267 Posts
You are welcome, another good news is LeEco will update their firmware to 6.5.064 along with their new TV models in China by the end of January (now is 6.0.059 for CN and 5.8.056 for US). I don't think it can be happened for US firmware in the near future.
That is correct.
Have you or anyone else had any success in side loading apps on the Chinese firmware? If so, I'd be most interested to see if the side loaded Netflix app would stream Dolby Vision content on the Chinese firmware

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have you or anyone else had any success in side loading apps on the Chinese firmware? If so, I'd be most interested to see if the side loaded Netflix app would stream Dolby Vision content on the Chinese firmware
I haven't tried that and honestly don't think I will. I have an Apple TV 4K and a Sammy K8500 that both stream Netflix. Maybe someone else will give a shot, though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice to hear the Chinese firmware works with Apple TV. I purchased the Harry Potter films in 4K Dolby Vision and will be buying an Apple TV 4k this weekend. Time to upgrade to the Chinese firmware...

Anyone want to try the latest 6.5.064S_1202 firmware? :eek:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pGWvZcGKy8G8hL3EXtt2B1b3uEHzQXyX/

(Found in post 2097 here: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=754648&st=2080. Interesting group.)

Martin
it look like the file is for LeEco Super TV 4 X50 / X50 Pro, not umax85

And I don't think Harry Potter 4k disc have Dobly Vision, only HDR 10

1581 - 1600 of 3243 Posts