AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2149 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looks like J&R has the 47" and 55" in stock. I am getting the old 47lw5600 delivered from Amazon today, and will stop by J&R on my way to work tomorrow morning to compare and see if it is worth the price difference.

EDIT:So far Im not too impressed to return my 47LW5600 for this model. The sales person said they only come with a magic remote, no regular remote (which seems odd). The magic remote had a scroll wheel on it and a few extra buttons, I only had about 3 minutes to play with it. The smart TV function definitely felt smoother and everything seemed to load faster than the LW5600. I noticed a few new features like the dual view in the menu. Nothing else stood out from memory.

The buttons on the TV were hard to find, physical buttons hiding in the rear.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like Amazon.com has the 47" and 55" in stock as well. We should be seeing first impressions of these tvs soon.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Haven't seen them yet, but hard to believe that these new models are worth the current launch premium $$$ versus the closeouts (if you can find them) on the earlier models. Frys and Sears (where I went) have been selling their 55LW5300 floor models for around $1K less than these "new" units.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just came from a media event where all LG 2012 TVs were on display. Absolutely gorgeous designs. The ultra-thin cinema screen bezel alone is worth the price of admission. They also demoed dual play, new smart TV features and iPad connectivity. I tested out dual play and the image was flawless. There was also a "stripped" 9600 showing off the full-array backlighting.

In a bright, showroom environment the 6700 was near-indistinguishable from the flagship 9600. If the 47LM6700 were on sale in Canada already, I would be very tempted.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I snapped some pictures and 720p videos of both models. So far Im not too impressed to return my 47LW5600 for this model. The sales person said they only come with a magic remote, no regular remote (which seems odd). The magic remote had a scroll wheel on it and a few extra buttons, I only had about 3 minutes to play with it. The smart TV function definitely felt smoother and everything seemed to load faster than the LW5600. I noticed a few new features like the dual view in the menu. Nothing else stood out from memory.

The buttons on the TV were hard to find, physical buttons hiding in the rear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone know if the black plastic pieces shown in the attachment are removable? If not, how could they advertise a 1.3" depth, and how am I going to flush mount it with the 5mm thick Peerless SUF651 I already bought?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerovb /forum/post/21721776

Anyone know if the black plastic pieces shown in the attachment are removable? If not, how could they advertise a 1.3" depth, and how am I going to flush mount it with the 5mm thick Peerless SUF651 I already bought?

I would bet that plastic is part of the speakers. I wasn't able to really focus on the back of the TV when I saw it.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxrmero /forum/post/21720755

Best Buy has the 55LM7600 in my area $2,299.99

I went to a local TV shop 2 weeks ago. This is a place that has been in business for 40 years and they are an authorized Panasonic, LG, and Samsung retailer.

The owner worked up numbers for me on some of the 2011 models and he gave me numbers on the LM6700 and LM7600. I have purchased the 47LM7600 for $1550 and added in the Bd 670 3d blu ray, 10 pairs of glasses, high speed hdmi cables, with delivery and setup by a certified tech all for $1750.

It pays to haggle and find a local authorized dealer. It felt great to keep the money local and not drop it with a big box store.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is this high high reflective glass in front of the panel or some kind ultra clear panel like Samsung ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I confirmed they are the speakers... would love to know if some 6700 recipient out there is willing to unscrew it and see if it's detachable, maybe take a pic with it taken off... the woman at J&R wouldn't let me take a screwdriver to the floor model

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc99 /forum/post/21726225

does anyone know if the 55LM6700 is a matte or glossy screen?

It definitely is not matte, but I haven't really compared it to the Samsungs and what not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Besides wondering if the 55LM6700 is a matte screen, does anyone know the difference between the 55LM6700 (120hz) and the 55LW5600 (120hz) or the 5LW6500 (240hz). Obviously, the refresh rate is different between the TV's as well as the thickness of the TV's.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I put up a 55Lm7600 and a 47LM6700 for display today. Some of the nicest-designed sets I've ever seen. Picture was very good but I didn't do much tweaking. The LM7600 is definitely not as glossy as a Samsung d7000 but it is nowhere near matte.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up a 47LM6700 yesterday after returning a SONY 55NX720 because of the crappy 3D. The guy in BB said they literally came in yesterday and that I had good timing. I got the 47" LM6700, I had a 47LW5600 before and this set is almost the same except the tiny bezel. One grip so far, I cant seem to find the TruMotion options on this set are they disabled?

This set also suffers from the vertical bands the LW5600 had but the excellent 3D outweights this factor.

Ive tried Samsung (46UND7000) and Sony(55NX720 ) LED-LCD 3D offerings and they were garbage compared to this, LG's passive 3D is very comfortable and I think kids will like it. Glad they redesigned it, last years model was so ugly. I still want a Panasonic Plasma 3DTV, they were out of stock. Hopefully the new panny models will be out soon.

·
Banned
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy /forum/post/21727519

I put up a 55Lm7600 and a 47LM6700 for display today. Some of the nicest-designed sets I've ever seen. Picture was very good but I didn't do much tweaking. The LM7600 is definitely not as glossy as a Samsung d7000 but it is nowhere near matte.

That's a shame as one of the nicest features I found on my 47LW5600 is the matte screen. I can watch in a half bright room and still have a nice picture opposed to my previous CRT that had a poor picture in bright light even though it was watchable. The previous Plasma that I "Tried" and returned was so bad that even with standard lamp light, the flat panel was like a mirror and made the picture unwatchable. With a flat panel TV, don't think I'd ever want a none matte screen. The Samsung LED 6000, 7000, and 8000 series are just as bad as my Plasma was. Looking at those Samsung in a store was terrible with the reflections. To bad LG went cheap with a glossy screen.

The LM6700 looks to be the very very similar to the LW5600 in almost all ways except new panel/frame, foot, and graphic interface.K Performance specs seem to be the exact same.

1 - 20 of 2149 Posts