AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this tv from walmart.com for $798. I saw it on display at sams club this morning and i thought it looked pretty good. Haven't seen many reviews of this barebones led. Is it a fairly new model or something?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if anyone's interested, it's on the fedex truck out for delivery today. i'll post an update tonight

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got the 47" version a few weeks ago. If you don't mind sharing your settings if you tweak them it would be much appreciated...

I've been making adjustments here and there to mine but not much success

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, here is my impression of my tv. i am not a very technical person but i am blown away at how good it looks. it replaces an old panasonic 56" DLP. my dlp was nice but just much blurrier and dimmer than this led. one thing i'm slightly concerned about is the semi glossy screen. it looks great tonight but i see the reflection of my lamp in the living room much more than i did with my dlp. the real test will be tomorrow when the sun is out. i was worried about this screen being 1.4" smaller than my dlp but the quality of the picture more than compensates for that. i read a lot of complaints about the sound...i think it's fine, a little less bass than my dlp but clearer imo. another thing is the optical audio out to my onkyo surround sound...i used to have to turn it up to about 30 to hear it well, but with this tv it's loud at about level 15. to the poster above...here are my current settings that i like:

backlight 60

contrast 90

brightness 60

sharpness 70

color 60

tint 0

color temp c50

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another thing....im watching the lakers on espn and i see no motion blur. i do not see any way to enable or disable trumotion, so i assume it's on all the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the settings...

Yeah I was watching that same bball game and the blur wasn't as bad as the college bball game I was watching the other day...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can't get over how much better my surround sound system sounds with this tv. i always thought my onkyo system sucked, but it turns out that the optical audio out of my panasonic dlp sucked

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i adjusted the backlight to 50 to make it a little less bright. i'm still getting used to the glossy screen but overall i'm completely very happy with the picture and sound. walmart has a 90 day return policy for tvs so i'm keeping the receipt and box for 3 months just in case. here is a photo, sorry bout the flash.
DSC01205.JPG 4171k .JPG file

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Anyone else have any comments on this TV? I am thinking about buying one, but i am troubled by the reviews of its sister model (55ls4600) saying the blacks are some of the worst they have seen in a modern set...
I went to walmart to look at this set, and it appeared decent in the store, but it is hard to tell in that environment without a proper calibration and watching in a low light setting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just bought this set from Best Buy and am still looking for some calibration settings to test out.

After doing some testing, the picture is a lot better. I still think it could look better after a few more tweaks here and there. I dont think the picture was all that great out of the box.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Changed the thread title. I figure there are a lot of these sets being sold so it needs it's own thread. Still loving mine watching monday night football.

·
Registered
55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimp  /t/1442157/official-lg-55ls4500-47ls4500-owners-thread#post_22658547

LG mounted and Samsung LCD on the bottom. Both are at default settings.

The after some calibration tweaks.....

Care to share your calibration tweaks??

·
Registered
55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg606  /t/1442157/official-lg-55ls4500-47ls4500-owners-thread#post_22652285

i adjusted the backlight to 50 to make it a little less bright. i'm still getting used to the glossy screen but overall i'm completely very happy with the picture and sound. walmart has a 90 day return policy for tvs so i'm keeping the receipt and box for 3 months just in case. here is a photo, sorry bout the flash.
DSC01205.JPG 4171k .JPG file

Yeah...I dropped the backlight down too. Looks better. What provider do you have? Dish? Direct? Cable?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280  /t/1442157/official-lg-55ls4500-47ls4500-owners-thread#post_22659538

Yeah...I dropped the backlight down too. Looks better. What provider do you have? Dish? Direct? Cable?

dish network

my new settings:

backlight 50

contrast 90

brightness 56

sharpness 70

color 60

tint 0

color temp c20

·
Registered
34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg606  /t/1442157/official-lg-47ls4500-55ls4500-owners-thread#post_22647860

ok, here is my impression of my tv. i am not a very technical person but i am blown away at how good it looks. it replaces an old panasonic 56" DLP. my dlp was nice but just much blurrier and dimmer than this led. one thing i'm slightly concerned about is the semi glossy screen. it looks great tonight but i see the reflection of my lamp in the living room much more than i did with my dlp. the real test will be tomorrow when the sun is out. i was worried about this screen being 1.4" smaller than my dlp but the quality of the picture more than compensates for that. i read a lot of complaints about the sound...i think it's fine, a little less bass than my dlp but clearer imo. another thing is the optical audio out to my onkyo surround sound...i used to have to turn it up to about 30 to hear it well, but with this tv it's loud at about level 15. to the poster above...here are my current settings that i like:

backlight 60

contrast 90

brightness 60

sharpness 70

color 60

tint 0

color temp c50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimp  /t/1442157/official-lg-47ls4500-55ls4500-owners-thread#post_22658547

LG mounted and Samsung LCD on the bottom. Both are at default settings.

The after some calibration tweaks.....

I basically followed these settings and then I went under advanced and turned dynamic contrast to off. Im not at home at the moment, but will post up an update with screenshots of my settings.

My hope is to get more info on calibration settings.

·
Registered
324 Posts
So have you guys found the glossy screen to be a problem? I have windows directly opposite of my tv mounting position, but have curtains (not blackout) on all of them. Think it will be an issue?

1 - 20 of 270 Posts