AVS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrgreenz  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/450#post_24385085


I am still on the fence about this TV... $599 seems too good to pass up, especially with being on a limited budget.


That's good to know about the PS4 (and gaming in general), as that would be one of my primary uses for the TV. I've heard some people mention lag, but was specifically wondering about PS4 since it optimizes games for 1080p 60fps. I'm probably wrong but for some reason I feel like the lag would be less with ps4 for this reason as opposed to say, ps3 or xbox360.


I'm between this one and the Panny TC50S60, but nobody seems to be selling that anymore except open box at random Best Buys in my area.

Hey man! Just get this one it's awesome, I was just I FIFA and battlefield for hours last night and had no problems at all! FIFA looks amazing on this TV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hey, is there a way to factory reset this tv. Not sure whats going on maybe a update or something.

But i usually watch movies from my hard drive and now it freezes alot and the tv just turns it selff off. I know maybe its the hard drive, but sometimes it wont let me into smart tv either.

on another note, it might be my av receiver. Anyone have problems like this.

I need to pinpoint it but not getting far. Please help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I just bought this tv in December. I just had a problem with I thought I would share. I don't know if I'm just a one out of a million but I started to get this colored pixel snow on everything. I contacted LG about the problem since it would be covered under warranty. They set me up with a repair guy in my area so I called to verify my appointment. I emailed him the pictures I'm posting here and his opinion is he thinks my whole display is on its way out. I was just curious if anyone else experienced this.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebill77  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/450#post_24380787

I want to give a big THANK YOU to NYCBhoy, MiltonA and Blowabs! Because of you guys I realized Micro Center had dropped the price to $599 from the $699 I paid on 2/1. I went there today (about a 45 minute drive but well worth it) and they cheerfully refunded me $106, which including the tax. That more than pays for the Magic Remote I bought. I'm a happy guy and thanks again!
Logged in yesterday, and I said "WHAT?



Couldn't find my receipt (yes I could kick myself, I ALWAYS KEEP receipts), but credit card statement showed 01/26/14... Still under the 30 days, but barely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja88  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/450#post_24382356

Hey do I just have to bring the receipt to the store? I bought mines 9 days ago for $699..
So, I went to Microcenter today (02/23/14) and said, "I can show you my credit card statement but I bought THIS TV on 01/26/14. I have a question about it." The checkout clerk asked my name, called up the sales receipt on his screen, asked me to verify my address. OK, my question is, "Can I get the $100 price difference, since you dropped the price by $100?"
He said, "Yes. Let me print out a copy of the sales receipt for you. Take it over there to Returns and Exchanges." Within 10 minutes, I had $106 (price difference plus tax) put back on my credit card. They didn't even need to see the credit card.


As, a bonus, I now have a copy of my sales receipt again.



So, THANK YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evrgreenz  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/450#post_24385085

I am still on the fence about this TV... $599 seems too good to pass up, especially with being on a limited budget.
What are you on the fence about? Oh, my goodness. This is a FANTASTIC TV. I gave my 60" 1080p Sony Bravia to my brother-in-law since I bought this TV. And for $599?
I bought it when it was $699 -- and even then it was a great deal!


____

In a couple of days, I will share my settings with this LG PN5700 as well as the settings on my parents' entry level 60 LG PN6500 plasma. The PN6500 is a lesser model than the PN5700, even though it's numbered higher. The PN6500 has no no smart TV features, no wi-fi. LG pulled a strange one with our TV. PN5700 > PN6500. But the screens on both 60" should be roughly the same -- as both were released same model year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zycot  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/400_100#post_24398451


I just bought this tv in December. I just had a problem with I thought I would share. I don't know if I'm just a one out of a million but I started to get this colored pixel snow on everything. I contacted LG about the problem since it would be covered under warranty. They set me up with a repair guy in my area so I called to verify my appointment. I emailed him the pictures I'm posting here and his opinion is he thinks my whole display is on its way out. I was just curious if anyone else experienced this.



Unless there is something actually wrong with your panel, you probably have the brightness set too high. Turn it down and the "colored snow" should go away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
My brightness was set at 55. As I turn it down they get dimmer with the picture. I turned down the brightness to 35 and they almost went away. The picture seems way to dark now. Do they show up at 55 for you? I haven't changed my settings they just appeared out of no where.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts

Quote:
 What are you on the fence about? Oh, my goodness. This is a FANTASTIC TV. I gave my 60" 1080p Sony Bravia to my brother-in-law since I bought this TV. And for $599? 
 I bought it when it was $699 -- and even then it was a great deal!
 

You're right... I guess I am just nervous about the gaming lag, even though I'm not a stickler about this because I stopped playing FPS games online. I would really only be worried about it for sports games. I'm going to bite the bullet and buy it sometime this week, just need to persuade a friend to use a car that it can fit in, because I don't think it will fit in the back of my Jetta :) 

 

Thanks for all the input guys, especially about the PS4 gaming comments. I will probably be reporting back with questions when calibrating the thing... never had to break a tv in before. But I'm pretty excited to be going from 32 to 60in :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/400_100#post_24398746


Couldn't find my receipt (yes I could kick myself, I ALWAYS KEEP receipts), but credit card statement showed 01/26/14... Still under the 30 days, but barely.
[/SIZE]

So, I went to Microcenter today (02/23/14) and said, "I can show you my credit card statement but I bought THIS TV on 01/26/14. I have a question about it." The checkout clerk asked my name, called up the sales receipt on his screen, asked me to verify my address. OK, my question is, "Can I get the $100 price difference, since you dropped the price by $100?"
He said, "Yes. Let me print out a copy of the sales receipt for you. Take it over there to Returns and Exchanges." Within 10 minutes, I had $106 (price difference plus tax) put back on my credit card. They didn't even need to see the credit card.

Kinda confirms the good experiences I've had with Microcenter as well (e.g., the sales guy personally called me up when they got more stock). Too bad they don't have more of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zycot  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/400_100#post_24398451


I just bought this tv in December. I just had a problem with I thought I would share. I don't know if I'm just a one out of a million but I started to get this colored pixel snow on everything. I contacted LG about the problem since it would be covered under warranty. They set me up with a repair guy in my area so I called to verify my appointment. I emailed him the pictures I'm posting here and his opinion is he thinks my whole display is on its way out. I was just curious if anyone else experienced this.

Obviously not a technician but my gut-level reaction is it's a hardware problem. My first impression when I saw the snow is, "That's not normal." I would call up your credit card company when you have a few minutes -- if it's a lemon there's a chance they have some amount of purchase protection , which may allow you to forgo the whole repair process.


-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zycot  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/450#post_24399265


My brightness was set at 55. As I turn it down they get dimmer with the picture. I turned down the brightness to 35 and they almost went away. The picture seems way to dark now. Do they show up at 55 for you? I haven't changed my settings they just appeared out of no where.

Yeah, that's not common plasma dithering. There's a hardware issue somewhere. Good luck with their techs. Keep us posted please!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric618  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/360#post_24203651


Here you go. I'd love some feedback from all of you on what you think. As I said earlier, for my eyes, this is a great, great picture.


Settings used:

Aspect Ratio: Just Scan

Energy Saving: Off

Picture Mode: Game (User)

Panel Light: 96

Contrast: 93

Brightness:78

Sharpness: 22

Color: 67

Tint: R2

Color Temp: W2


Under Advanced Control:


Dynamic Contrast: Low

Dynamic Color: Low

Preferred Color: All set to 0

Super Resolution: Off

Gamma: High

Under Picture Option:

Noise Reduction: Off

MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Black Level: Low

Real Cinema: Grayed Out

Motion Eye Care: Grayed Out

True Motion: Grayed Out

I tend to like these settings too. Thanks. Just wondering if you ran the break-in slides too or have you just been running these settings since day one.


On another note, I just picked up this set at Microcenter this weekend for $599. A manager said they were trying to get enough to sell them at $499 but couldn't pull it off. At $599 this is a steal. It's a great set. Appreciate all the info in this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpete97  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/450#post_24404292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric618  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/360#post_24203651


Here you go. I'd love some feedback from all of you on what you think. As I said earlier, for my eyes, this is a great, great picture.


Settings used:

Aspect Ratio: Just Scan

Energy Saving: Off

Picture Mode: Game (User)

Panel Light: 96

Contrast: 93

Brightness:78

Sharpness: 22

Color: 67

Tint: R2

Color Temp: W2


Under Advanced Control:


Dynamic Contrast: Low

Dynamic Color: Low

Preferred Color: All set to 0

Super Resolution: Off

Gamma: High

Under Picture Option:

Noise Reduction: Off

MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Black Level: Low

Real Cinema: Grayed Out

Motion Eye Care: Grayed Out

True Motion: Grayed Out

I tend to like these settings too. Thanks. Just wondering if you ran the break-in slides too or have you just been running these settings since day one...

Yeah, I did run the slides, but I don't know for how long total. Maybe 50 hours or so. I was using lower brightness and contrast settings during break-in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
love this TV has anyone had any luck with the miracast feature. I have been trying for months to get it to work with my samsung galaxy s3 smartphone. Call LG tech support no help. Earlier firmware allowed it to work for about 30 seconds and then it would shut down I suspect that Samsung and LG are not compatible. Latest s..oftware allows TV to go into miracast but only shows pentouch feature . I have tried several LG Smart TVs at Frys they all do the same thing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,653 Posts
As of today, both Georgia locations of Microcenter inventory are sold out for this TV. Last month's $699 sale and this month's $599 sale were "close out" sales, after all for this mid-year 2013 model. LG announced the 2014 plasma models last month, so no more PN5700s will be manufactured.


Perhaps Microcenters in other states still have inventory. Don't know. Jump on this deal if you can find it in another state. You're not going to find a better price on a TV this good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
thinking hard about get this set, basically a DLP guy 73' & 62'' in house. but at this price....... hard to pass up.

95% of the time i watch sports with the fixed stuff at the bottom of the screen any troubles with this burning in ?


about wall mounts, never did one.

this set would have to be mounted nearly touching the ceiling. so how much room does one need for clearance to get it connected to the wall mount ?

thanks for reading
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmadworld  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/450#post_24415604


thinking hard about get this set, basically a DLP guy 73' & 62'' in house. but at this price....... hard to pass up.

95% of the time i watch sports with the fixed stuff at the bottom of the screen any troubles with this burning in ?

about wall mounts, never did one.

this set would have to be mounted nearly touching the ceiling. so how much room does one need for clearance to get it connected to the wall mount ?

thanks for reading
Why would you need a wall mount --especially near the ceiling?


If you want a wall mount, fine, but you don't need one. I don't like wall mounts myself. Just my preference. Because... with my TV I have a cable box, a Blu-Ray player, a stereo receiver. Plus a collection of some DVDs and Blu-ray discs. I have a media console table with shelves to hold all that. And since I am going to have that table there anyway for all the necessary accouterments, I just put the TV on the table.


By putting the TV on the table you don't have to hide any wires going up the wall for all the connections.


The media console is low enough that sitting on the couch or love seat, the TV is at eye level. If it's not, you can put a shim (slim paperback book or something) at the rear of the pedestal to help slant the TV down just a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/450#post_24415834

Why would you need a wall mount --especially near the ceiling?


If you want a wall mount, fine, but you don't need one. I don't like wall mounts myself. Just my preference. Because... with my TV I have a cable box, a Blu-Ray player, a stereo receiver. Plus a collection of some DVDs and Blu-ray discs. I have a media console table with shelves to hold all that. And since I am going to have that table there anyway for all the necessary accouterments, I just put the TV on the table.


By putting the TV on the table you don't have to hide any wires going up the wall for all the connections.


The media console is low enough that sitting on the couch or love seat, the TV is at eye level. If it's not, you can put a shim (slim paperback book or something) at the rear of the pedestal to help slant the TV down just a little.
no other room. man cave/sports book crowed now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts

Ahhh I was waiting until tomorrow to buy this TV because I couldn't get access to a big enough car until then...wasn't worried about it because at both Chicago locations there was 10+ in stock.

 

Go on the MC website today, and it says none available!!! And this is apparently at every single MC. They just stopped selling it. So sad. I'm thinking maybe if I call they will still have a few? But just took it off the website? Doesn't make sense that they would stop selling them if they still have inventory.

 

:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyerobert  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/400_100#post_24407179


love this TV has anyone had any luck with the miracast feature. I have been trying for months to get it to work with my samsung galaxy s3 smartphone. Call LG tech support no help. Earlier firmware allowed it to work for about 30 seconds and then it would shut down I suspect that Samsung and LG are not compatible. Latest s..oftware allows TV to go into miracast but only shows pentouch feature . I have tried several LG Smart TVs at Frys they all do the same thing

Sorry I can't speak to Samsung devices, but I've got it working pretty well with both a Moto X and an HTC One. Just tried the One again and it was a bit laggy, but didn't have any disconnect issues. My gut feeling on this one is that it may be a wifi issue -- is your TV wired or wireless? I would think about tweaking some settings on your router (e.g., maybe test a few other channels) and see if that helps keep the signal a bit steadier (yeah I agree it's not perfect technology yet!). Oh, I'm on the latest firmware BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmadworld  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/400_100#post_24415604


thinking hard about get this set, basically a DLP guy 73' & 62'' in house. but at this price....... hard to pass up.

95% of the time i watch sports with the fixed stuff at the bottom of the screen any troubles with this burning in ?

Hmm....good question. If you really do keep your set tuned to programs with lots of banners, I'd probably recommend against plasma. You said 95%...if it were 40% or 50%, maybe...but anything that high I think is not a good idea. And that's coming from the guy who teases all the other owners about break-in! LOL


-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrgreenz  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/400_100#post_24416228


Ahhh I was waiting until tomorrow to buy this TV because I couldn't get access to a big enough car until then...wasn't worried about it because at both Chicago locations there was 10+ in stock.


Go on the MC website today, and it says none available!!! And this is apparently at every single MC. They just stopped selling it. So sad. I'm thinking maybe if I call they will still have a few? But just took it off the website? Doesn't make sense that they would stop selling them if they still have inventory.

You're not going to believe this but I just called Chicagoland/Central AND THEY SAID THEY HAVE FFFFFOOOORRRRRRTY (YES, 40) OF THEM. Unbelievable. $599. I asked the sales associate to repeat herself and she insisted. 40.


So yeah give them a call ((773) 292-1700) before heading out but I think you're good to go.



-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetrants  /t/1476213/official-lg-60pn5700-60-class-thread/480#post_24416673



You're not going to believe this but I just called Chicagoland/Central AND THEY SAID THEY HAVE FFFFFOOOORRRRRRTY (YES, 40) OF THEM. Unbelievable. $599. I asked the sales associate to repeat herself and she insisted. 40.


So yeah give them a call ((773) 292-1700) before heading out but I think you're good to go.



-Matt
That's awesome, thank you! I was going to call them on my lunch break to ask... I noticed all LG stuff is gone from the MC site so I chatted them up about it and they said LG no longer wants them to display items and prices online, only in store. Makes sense I suppose.

 

But wow, 40 in stock... maybe I'll hold off for another $100 price drop! haha just kidding.
 
461 - 480 of 711 Posts
Top