AVS Forum banner

881 - 883 of 883 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #882
Substantially better than the LG 86? That could be a nice option for me.
Well to be blunt, most TV's out there with VA panels are going to be WAY better than any TV with an IPS panel. (Yeah yeah other than viewing angles. I still say that VA panels degrade to IPS quality when viewed off axis, lol)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought I'd check back in here and let you all know what happened with my TV.

I bought it and received it in Dec 18. Worked fine and was happy with it until a week ago. Last Fri while watching it the picture suddenly looked like it had multicolored wide vertical strips like someone had thrown paint on it running down the face. It still had sound so I turned it off unplugged it and when I re-plugged and turned it back on the screen was 3/4 dark with 1/4 light with a black 1" edge on the white side. It still had sound but no pic not even the LG logo. No way to get to menu or anything else.

I had bought it on line at Costco with the warranty's. So Called Costco on Monday and they got right on it. Called me back the next day to inform me per their service people it was not fixable. They gave me a choice replacement or refund. I chose refund and they will pick it up and do the packaging as well for no cost because it had been delivered white glove. They said I would receive my refund once they had the TV picked-up. They also gave me the choice of taking it to a local Costco and getting same day refund if I needed the refund faster. I would have taken it back myself but it's just too big! I also decided by getting a refund and buying a new TV it would start the warranty all over. They did tell me it could take as much as 2-3 weeks for the TV to be picked up.

Anyway I just thought I'd let you all know. So I've had my 70" sharp at the back of my media room on a table with wheels so I can move it around. Just had to roll it up in front of the LG and transfer the hook-ups.

I decided not to buy another LG but instead will most likely buy the 85" Sony BX850g that costco has on line. It's going on sale for in a few days for $500 less than I paid for the LG. I am also considering maybe getting the Samsung Q7D both the 82"and 85" are going back on sale next week as well but they will be more than the Sony.

I'm not going to wait for my refund to be processed before buying another TV as I want to take advantage of the big Game sales.

I'll keep you all informed as to how things go.

881 - 883 of 883 Posts