AVS Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 2014 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with an issue, the sub keeps disconnecting and the green light blinks a few times before it connects again, since i dont have the rear speakers or mesh network there is no way of changing the wireless channel, its on latest firmware, tried factory reset couple of times, tried resetting the sub but issue persist, also tried changing the 2.4 and 5 ghz channels on the router (Asus Ac68) but still that does not fix it permemantly, The problem occurs with multiple input sources like xbox1s streaming boxes and built in apps, tv is 65c7p, thanks in advance for any help as im at the edge of sending it back, thanks
The sub is connecting on the mesh network, you can change the mesh network channel in the MusicFlow app, advanced setting, in case there is interference.

Make sure the sub is close to the soundbar.

Make sure your router is at least 10 feet away from the soundbar/sub. You can not have your router close by.
Hi thanks for helping out , I have attached screen shot, cant get into the advanced settings.

Edit: getting a different error now when tap on the ?Mesh network channel?, Do i need to plug soundbar to th router with an ethernet cable?

Edit2: I used an ethernet cable and now able to change the channel, will test it out, thanks again for all the help

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
So I got a hdmi switch from amazon. I have my 35 ft hdmi from the soundbar to the projector so for atmos to work I would need a source like Xbox 1x or when Apple TV 4K supports atmos and I plug these devices to the hdmi switch and the switch to the soundbar?s hdmi in and play atmos content and I should be able to get atmos? Simple as that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You said the sound bar is plugged into the ARC input of the TV. ARC is for getting sound from the TV to the sound bar which is what you use if playing the TV apps. You also said if you plug the Xbox into one of the other inputs and it works fine. It sounds like you are not using the TV apps and you are using the apps from the Xbox instead i.e. Netflix. So ARC is not needed and you don't have to use the ARC input for the sound bar.

Plug the Xbox into the sound bar HDI input and the sound bar's HDMI output plug into one of the TV inputs (whichever one you plugged the Xbox into) and not the ARC input. Then see if it works.
Thanks for the answers guys I really appreciate the help.

I got this working(4k and ATMOS for Netflix) by moving the hdmi to the tv into the non ARC port as Bob mentioned. Whats interesting is that when I turn off my xbox one x and turn it back on again the tv shows no signal. If I pull the power on the xbox it handshakes again and works. If just power down the xbox and back on sometimes it works and sometimes it just sits and shows no signal.

It's as if the xbox-sj9-tv is not able to handshake consistently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the answers guys I really appreciate the help.

I got this working(4k and ATMOS for Netflix) by moving the hdmi to the tv into the non ARC port as Bob mentioned. Whats interesting is that when I turn off my xbox one x and turn it back on again the tv shows no signal. If I pull the power on the xbox it handshakes again and works. If just power down the xbox and back on sometimes it works and sometimes it just sits and shows no signal.

It's as if the xbox-sj9-tv is not able to handshake consistently.
ok folks I got it!

if you have an xbox one x and have the power toggle settings on/off for all devices in the settings the xbox will not work.

You must have the SJ9 on first before you turn the xbox and the tv on together, if you do that it works every time. If you turn them all on at the same time it will not work.

So I am just going to leave the speak on HDMI IN and when I turn off my xbox it only controls the TV/xbox

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

New SJ9 and C7 owner also first time playing with HDMI ARC and getting a few problems with my setup.

I have two devices a XBOX One X and a Minix X8H-Plus Android box running Kodi 16

I've connected both devices to the C7 HDMI inputs and then connected the C7 to the SJ9 via HDMI arc. Initially I connected the C7 HDMI ARC to the SJ9 HDMI IN (this was intuitively how I thought it was supposed to go) but I only got video and no audio... I guess you need to connect HDMI arc to HDMI arc?

The Xbox works fine in this configuration and I can get Atmos over ARC, albeit not lossless I take it? With the Kodi on the MINIX X8-H+ I can play any movies with DTS audio but if I try and play anything with Dolby Digital or Dolby-True HD it plays OK for about a minute and then I get this horrible static sound. The MINIX is configured for HDMI passthrough as is Kodi and also allowing DTS and Dolby Digital.

If I connect the Minix player to the SJ9 HDMI IN and then use to the TV's HDMI ARC, I can play any movie with any Dolby format without any problems. This setup is a little annoying as I need to change the SJ9's and the C7 inputs to flick between the XBOX and Kodi.

Any ideas why when I'm getting static after 1 minute of play with Dolby Digital when Kodi is connected to the TV and ARC'd to the SJ9?

Thanks

Scenario 1 - MINIX Kodi --> C7 HDMI IN C7 HDMI ARC --> SJ9 ARC Not OK static on Dolby Digital after 1 minute
Scenario 2 - MINIX Kodi --> SJ9 HDMI IN SJ9 HDMI ARC --> C7 ARC All Dolby formats OK

Xbox One X works OK in both scenarios.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
I don't know why it isn't playing Dolby Digital via ARC but Dolby True HD ARC is not capable of carrying and would understand that being a problem. It also taking a minute before something happens is unusual, if it was an HDCP problem it would show up in a few seconds.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi

Any ideas why when I'm getting static after 1 minute of play with Dolby Digital when Kodi is connected to the TV and ARC'd to the SJ9?

Thanks

Scenario 1 - MINIX Kodi --> C7 HDMI IN C7 HDMI ARC --> SJ9 ARC Not OK static on Dolby Digital after 1 minute
Scenario 2 - MINIX Kodi --> SJ9 HDMI IN SJ9 HDMI ARC --> C7 ARC All Dolby formats OK

Xbox One X works OK in both scenarios.
Very unusual for something to happen after 1 minute. Did you try connecting the MINIX to a different HDMI port on TV?

Also try a power reset of all devices, unplug AC power for 1 minute.

Did you upgrade everything to latest firmware.

Try a different HDMI cable.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been using the sound bar with my lg uh850 (hdmi 2 arc and hdmi out in sj9) and Nvidia shield in hdmi in of sj9,without any problems...was getting sound from TV to sj9 and netflix app on TV...suddenly,I get no sound from sj9..it "engages" ARC" as input ,sound stops from TV (as it should) but no sound from sj9...all other functions of sj9 works fine (Spotify,lg by etc)..left both sj9 and TV ,out of power during night but still same problem..also reset TV ..nothing...toglled hdmi deep colour and simplink for hdmi 2(arc)..still nothing...I think it must be sent to lg service...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very unusual for something to happen after 1 minute. Did you try connecting the MINIX to a different HDMI port on TV?

Also try a power reset of all devices, unplug AC power for 1 minute.

Did you upgrade everything to latest firmware.

Try a different HDMI cable.
Yes, it's remarkably consistent between 50-70s every time. Yes, tried all the above, all devices are at the latest FW, even tried different Kodi flavours and no joy.

Worth noting that the same 'white noise/static' sound can be triggered at any time during the first 'good' minute by changing the Minix volume with the Minix remote. Simply pausing and starting the video from Kodi resets the issue and after another minute the issue happens again.

I'll post a YT video in a while

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well whatever the issue is, seems to be coming from Kodi, DD works fine through the MX Player.
I think their firmware isn't terribly bulletproof.

When I first got the SJ9, I had PS4 -> SJ9 -> TV, and any content with Dolby TrueHD (such as Atmos) would result in static on the SJ9.

Contacted LG about it, and they fixed via a firmware update.

I since upgraded the TV to the C7, so now have PS4 -> TV -> SJ9 (ARC), given the C7 was given a firmware update to pass the audio out for processing.

But again, static.

Contacted LG again about it, same rep given it was the same behaviour (just a different setup), and apparently the latest firmware update (ending in .32 I think) for the C7 TV addresses the issue, however it has not been released in the Australian market yet - I believe the US and parts of Asia have it already.

So it could be something kooky with how your box is talking to the SJ9 and their firmware along the lines is throwing a wobbly. Given the quirks I've seen with the SJ9 and C7, it wouldn't surprise me.

Fingers crossed you can get a solution. I'm just waiting for the firmware update to reach me to be able to test that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think their firmware isn't terribly bulletproof.

When I first got the SJ9, I had PS4 -> SJ9 -> TV, and any content with Dolby TrueHD (such as Atmos) would result in static on the SJ9.

Contacted LG about it, and they fixed via a firmware update.

I since upgraded the TV to the C7, so now have PS4 -> TV -> SJ9 (ARC), given the C7 was given a firmware update to pass the audio out for processing.

But again, static.

Contacted LG again about it, same rep given it was the same behaviour (just a different setup), and apparently the latest firmware update (ending in .32 I think) for the C7 TV addresses the issue, however it has not been released in the Australian market yet - I believe the US and parts of Asia have it already.

So it could be something kooky with how your box is talking to the SJ9 and their firmware along the lines is throwing a wobbly. Given the quirks I've seen with the SJ9 and C7, it wouldn't surprise me.

Fingers crossed you can get a solution. I'm just waiting for the firmware update to reach me to be able to test that.
Ok, interesting. I was convinced it was something to do with the MINIX/Android setup in my case. There are a bunch of posts on the Kodi forums with very similar issues; static when using HDMI passthrough and ARC. Too many variables I guess.

You're right it does look like there's is a fix coming for Dolby over HDMI in FW .36:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...oled-latest-firmware-04-70-36-12-12-17-a.html

Do you know if it's possible to download other regions firmware by using a VPN, so the C7 thinks it's in the USA for example? Might give it a go later.

Alternatively you can download and flash it manually if you are feeling brave:

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-OLED55C7P#manuals

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you know if it's possible to download other regions firmware by using a VPN, so the C7 thinks it's in the USA for example? Might give it a go later.

Alternatively you can download and flash it manually if you are feeling brave:

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-OLED55C7P#manuals
I read somewhere about this and just thought "nope, too hard". Didn't want to risk it given the inherent differences between markets. I'll just wait patiently for LG Australia to release it for my specific model.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi..i have this issue with ps4 pro and lgsj9. Im using arc connection between tv and soundbar.

I connect ps4 pro directly to lg sj9, then lg sj9 to lg oled b6 tv with HDMI. If i open tv and ps 4 pro first, then switch lg sj9 to use HDMI in, it often does not work correctly, sometimes picture does not appear, sometimes i can't adjust lg sj9 sound with my tv remote.

If i turn first on lg sj9 and switch it to HDMI in, then open tv it works without problems. Is there something i can do to fix this, for example should i reset the soundbar to factory settings?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I finally got my Sj9 hooked up and everything i use in HDMI in sounds great. Having issues with ARC but im guessing my problem might be my old TV. Will the older LGs (LG 55LW5600) pass digital sound over ARC or not? All i get is PCM no matter what source i use.

Was hoping to not buy the new OLED just yet but maybe its time :).

Thanks

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Some older TVs and still some newer ones can not process or send DD/DTS through ARC. A TV needs to be able to process those signals, otherwise it just tells the source it is only capable of stereo and that is all that will be sent by the source. In turn that is all that can be sent to ARC or optical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok folks I got it!

if you have an xbox one x and have the power toggle settings on/off for all devices in the settings the xbox will not work.

You must have the SJ9 on first before you turn the xbox and the tv on together, if you do that it works every time. If you turn them all on at the same time it will not work.

So I am just going to leave the speak on HDMI IN and when I turn off my xbox it only controls the TV/xbox
so its not fixed. Sometimes I turn on the xbox I get nothing then I can turn it on then it works. All of a sudden atmos is cutting in and out, the dolby atmos test app on the xbox is also not working properly it keeps cutting out of atmos.

Tomorrow I am going to take this unit back as its not making much sense to me why something like this is so hit and miss.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Update to the PS4 Pro saga.

I plugged the SJ9 in to the Panasonic 4K player, and got Atmos effortlessly.

I then plugged the other PS4, a first gen white one, and got the exact same issue. Nothing I tried could get Atmos to play - just the hissing static.

Plugging both the PS4 Pro and the White PS4 in to our Yamaha amp, which has Atmos set up through a 5.1.2 setup, and both worked perfectly.

So there's something not quite right between the SJ9 and a PS4. I'll contact both LG and Sony to discuss as not sure who is really at fault here.

Dolby 5.1 is fine. But Atmos creates hiss/static. Given the PS4 Pro is used for games with the SJ9, it's not *that* much of an issue, but would still like it to work. And I wonder what would happen if there were any Atmos games - would they static/hiss too?
I know this is old post but i answer anyway, i was able to get atmos working without problems between ps4 pro and lgjs9. Played Stephen kings IT on pro and lg sj9 displays atmos sound signal. Direct connection from ps4 pro to lg sj9.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know this is old post but i answer anyway, i was able to get atmos working without problems between ps4 pro and lgjs9. Played Stephen kings IT on pro and lg sj9 displays atmos sound signal. Direct connection from ps4 pro to lg sj9.
This was fixed in a firmware update. If you keep reading through the thread you'll find it - my comment above also refers to it being fixed, but now being present on the passthrough of the 2017 OLED models.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I finally got my Sj9 hooked up and everything i use in HDMI in sounds great. Having issues with ARC but im guessing my problem might be my old TV. Will the older LGs (LG 55LW5600) pass digital sound over ARC or not? All i get is PCM no matter what source i use.

Was hoping to not buy the new OLED just yet but maybe its time :).

Thanks
I have the 55EG9100 which I think is similar to yours (1080P OLED). It can not pass dolby digital from the HDMI inputs. I was able to get mine to pass DD 5.1 via optical with a service menu tweak. But still ended up with issues with the SJ9.

So connect your devices to the SJ9 HDMI in or catch one of the blow out deals on the 2017 OLED models. Saw some recently for 1299 on a 55" & 1699 on 65".

1321 - 1340 of 2014 Posts