AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Show me the photos!!!

I just purchased this TV but will be waiting weeks for it to be delivered (overseas military). I'm overly excited to cast my eyes on this baby. I'm upgrading from a Sony 70R520A, I expect it to be a HUGE visual quality upgrade. The black banding drove me nuts on it. My one concern is if should I have waited another year for OLED to be more affordable... Please post all the reviews you can once it's convenient.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Purchased this flagship LG on 5/9/15 despite that weak review that is referenced above. I'm no A/V or calibration pro, I just know that my wife and I both agree that the picture we saw in the showroom (Frys) beat the Sony C class comparison (former Sony fanboy).

The DTV HD feed through our Genie is glorious at times. Can't wait for the DTV 4K satellite feeds later on down the road.

The NHL playoffs thus far have been highly enjoyable. The TV in Sports mode with a few tweaks (of many options that I have no idea what to do with) is stay at home, go no where else to watch anything awesome.

I've watched a 3D Netflix Snowboarding movie that was the best thing I've ever seen at home. My 11 year old daughter stated it was way better than the 3D we've seen at the movies. An unbiased opinion btw straight from the mouth of a babe.

I wish I was more technical for the masses here but if you are looking to upgrade to 4k before it goes mainstream AND you're not an anal TV snob that is just looking for an awesome new level TV experience, after a couple of weeks, I can give this TV an early positive referral. There are so many picture adjustments available in this thing, I'm sure if you had it professionally calibrated, you would be more than satisfied, as you should be with an investment that you'll hope to spend at least 10 years with.

I'll check back in with an update and Blu-ray feedback in a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not quite sure how to properly reply to that post since I don't seem to speak whatever language it is that you were attempting to convey in written words there. Sorry about your poor communication skills.

·
Vendor
32,423 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
One of the issues is that none of the big box stores have consistent demos and then you get reviews that sound like their paid by Sony or Samsung. I have the UF9500 ordered and scheduled for a early July install. I am not impressed by the new Sony 850C. Picture looked flat and construction seemed flimsy.

We need more UF9500 actual reports.

·
Registered
15 Posts
One of the issues is that none of the big box stores have consistent demos and then you get reviews that sound like their paid by Sony or Samsung. I have the UF9500 ordered and scheduled for a early July install. I am not impressed by the new Sony 850C. Picture looked flat and construction seemed flimsy.

We need more UF9500 actual reports.
I had one and returned it. The backlight bleed and overall poor contrast and black level were a deal breaker. In a bright room, it looked great. However, nighttime viewing was horrible. It didn't matter what I did to the picture settings, I just couldn't get rid of the blooming and poor black level. If you like your bars black, forget it. You will get light grey with some light blotches. Like I said, if you're watching it in the daytime, all is good. Turn off the lights, and you'll cry yourself to sleep that plasma is dead.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am in the market for a Passive 3d 4k tv and I believe LG is the only one for 2015. I was hoping this tv was nice. I have the JS9500 and I can assume there is no comparison but I am not a fan of Active 3d.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I did read a good review from the UK. In addition, I never sit in a dark room to watch TV. I'll give the UF9500 a chance. BB had 85 reviews on the UF8500. If the 9500 is as good as 95% of the BB reviews I will be happy. I real,y wanted the LG OLED but not at that price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did read a good review from the UK. In addition, I never sit in a dark room to watch TV. I'll give the UF9500 a chance. BB had 85 reviews on the UF8500. If the 9500 is as good as 95% of the BB reviews I will be happy. I real,y wanted the LG OLED but not at that price.
I read that review too. Like I said, it's not a bad TV by any means; and if you're watching it in a lit environment, then you'll be very pleased. The WEB OS is awesome and the amount of tweaking with the video options is extensive. I think I've just been spoiled by my Plasmas all these years, so it was difficult to deal with. It is a very elegant TV and it is really thin, and I mean thin. I felt like I was going to break it picking it up. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with you. I still see nothing that compares to my Pioneer Elite plasma. Unfortunately I am moving in to a new house with a bigger wall so welcome a 65. The Pioneer is going in to the master bedroom.
Absolutely! The difference between the 55' and 65' was too impressive, lol. I have no choice but to get another LED, since I moved my plasma upstairs and the kids have the PS4 hooked up to it. So, I'm just waiting a little bit and contemplating what to do next. I really wish OLED wasn't so expensive, but I have to fill the huge void in my living room soon. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
LG is really the only passive 3D game in town these days. I just bought the 65UF9500 and overall I have been pleased with the TV. I am not a high tech TV guy but know a thing or two about them. Most will tell you they are a step below Sony and Samsung but I disagree with this TV.

I am also interested in the LG 79UF9500 but they are just hitting the market now and I do not like buying TVs when they first come out as you can get caught with a bad product from time to time. I like to wait to make sure I'm not buying a lemon. Honestly, 79" may be too big for my situation as I will be sitting 11 feet from this TV and 79" may just be too big although I've learned over the years to go big on TVs, never small as you always regret it every time you turn them on. But 11 feet is still an acceptable viewing distance for a 4K TV. I may go with the Sony 75" instead but it would mean going with passive 3D and as most know, 3D did not turn out to be as big as everyone in the industry thought and how often do you really sit down and watch a 3D movie these days.

Just my two cents.....

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
79 incher

This TV is on my radar and I only sit about 8 feet away from my current 70 inch Sony 4K TV. Passive 3D is big for me and my seating situation lends to having a TV with an IPS panel for a wider viewing angle. I pretty much need an LG.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.