AVS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 515 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
Hello guys ,

does anybody use Nvidia shield 4k Tv box with Envy ?
If so , which setting to use in Nvidia to work best with Envy ?

Thanks
I use the Nvidia Shield Pro and it works fluid like. I set it to 4K 60 HDR. Excellent results.

·
Registered
Sony vw760es-madvr envy pro-oppo203-nvidia shield-trinnov altitude 16-mk sound s300 Atmos 7.2.4
28 Posts
i set it uses the same frequency (beta) set to 23.96 and it works fine with netflix disney plus, with amazon it does a bit of jerking

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am thinking about purchasing the „small“ Envy.

I was wondering about the operational noise of the Envy. It seems to contain several fans. So my question is, how loud is this unit?

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
I am thinking about purchasing the „small“ Envy.

I was wondering about the operational noise of the Envy. It seems to contain several fans. So my question is, how loud is this unit?

By "Small" i imagine you mean the PRO ?

The physical size of the Extreme and Pro are identical as they share the same case.

The Envy Pro is almost "silent" ..... :)

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I know it sounds weird, but is it possible for Mad VR to horizontally stretch a 16:9 image to fit a 2.35 scope screen?
Yes, It can resize a 16:9 image to fit on a scope screen, as the aspect ratio control is extremely flexible, but remember non-linear stretch (NLS) is coming as well.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
By "Small" i imagine you mean the PRO ?

The physical size of the Extreme and Pro are identical as they share the same case.

The Envy Pro is almost "silent" ..... :)
Of note, with the Extreme with a 3080 and upscaling 1080P to 4k it is not quite silent, but I certainly can‘t hear it over my 5000, so it’s not loud either. In other modes yes, it’s nearly silent (unless you walk over to the back of the Envy where the fans are louder).

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Yes, It can resize a 16:9 image to fit on a scope screen, as the aspect ratio control is extremely flexible, but remember non-linear stretch (NLS) is coming as well.
Correct. However, if @StephenBishop means that he wants to keep the full 16:9 image height and just stretch it horizontally to 2.35 (not sure why anybody wants to do that, but just in case ;)) , then i´d say "no, that´s not possible".

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Correct. However, if @StephenBishop means that he wants to keep the full 16:9 image height and just stretch it horizontally to 2.35 (not sure why anybody wants to do that, but just in case ;)) , then i´d say "no, that´s not possible".

NLS will keep the height of the 16x9 image and horizontally stretch it from left to right in a non linear manner to fit a scope screen.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I know it sounds weird, but is it possible for Mad VR to horizontally stretch a 16:9 image to fit a 2.35 scope screen?
You can try something like this. The visible screen area listed is for 2.40 scope 1080p. Don't perform any cropping on zoom.

Attachments

Reactions: StephenBishop

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ah, then I agree, it would be a “no” on that.
Thanks so much for confirming that this cannot be done.

The reason I may want to do this is because my CFO 😉sometimes prefers to watch this way rather than have the black bars on the side for 16:9 content on my scope screen! And as we all know, CFO approval is crucial in funding our extravagant hobby :LOL: .

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
From previous conversations with Mathias.....he was intending to eventually add a NLS ( Non Linear Stretch) feature to the Envy ..:)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Greetings.
I know MadVR recommends using the full width of our projectors (4096 instead of 3840 like the content) and having the Envy always scale. But for years I’ve just been blanking those extra pixels on the side even though I could use the extra lumens because I felt that scaling that small amount would be detrimental to the picture quality.
I don’t have an Envy yet, but I’m wondering if anyone has tested this both ways and found the quality of the Envy’s scaling does in fact make this worth it.
thx!

·
Registered
273 Posts
From previous conversations with Mathias.....he was intending to eventually add a NLS ( Non Linear Stretch) feature to the Envy ..:)
I am hoping this is near the top of the list for forthcoming features (together with the geometry adjustments for curved screens).:)

·
Super Moderator
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
10,338 Posts
Greetings.
I know MadVR recommends using the full width of our projectors (4096 instead of 3840 like the content) and having the Envy always scale. But for years I’ve just been blanking those extra pixels on the side even though I could use the extra lumens because I felt that scaling that small amount would be detrimental to the picture quality.
I don’t have an Envy yet, but I’m wondering if anyone has tested this both ways and found the quality of the Envy’s scaling does in fact make this worth it.
thx!
This is only if you have a scope setup. You would not want to do this with 16x9 content.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
NLS will keep the height of the 16x9 image and horizontally stretch it from left to right in a non linear manner to fit a scope screen.
I know guys, but currently it´s not possible.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I´m using it with 3840x2160 since my VW5000ES wouldn´t allow MotionFlow otherwise. Picture quality is fine.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Cannot seem to find MadVR Envy in the Harmony remote database. Anyone able to control a MadVR Envy with a Harmony remote?
You can emulate the original Envy remote control via IR or you can use the IP Control interface to remote control if the Harmony allows IP control.

Reactions: StephenBishop
441 - 460 of 515 Posts