AVS Forum banner

5241 - 5260 of 5293 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
As noted in post 15, it received it via firmware update 2 years ago.

Thanks for confirming this. So hopefully the PlayStation 5 will support this feature too. Don’t know if VRR is supported on the 7011 though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
due to working from home these past few months been listening to music all day via my NR1607 and have a real minor inconvenience pop up it seems. I have an old cellphone with a bunch of mp3's on it attached via miniplug to RCA splitter going into the CD inputs and it sounds good enough/better than bluetooth for my needs. if I turn on the AVR and turn on the CD input with the TV off it plays fine as it should. However if I had the AVR on a different input with the TV on (say i was playing video games on Game) and switch it to CD and then turn the TV off as it's unnecessary the sound cuts out and the only way to get it back is to turn off and on the AVR (switching inputs back and forth doesn't seem to fix it). The CD input does not have a video input assigned if that helps in diagnosis.

Yesterday I got a regular chromecast (HDMI one not the chromecast audio) as i wanted to cast from my phone the same mp3's to get maybe a slightly better sound (I'm sure it's minimal) as well as not have to have the phone tethered by a cord so I can change songs from anywhere in the condo if I have the phone on me. The regular chromecast works great with the Poweramp app on the phone by the way for those looking to stream music from their phone/tablet. Same thing happens, if I turn the TV off while it's playing the sound cuts out as well and only comes back if i turn off and on the avr (or turn the TV back on). Is there a setting I need to turn on/off so it won't lose the sound when the TV goes off? ARC is turned on in the TV and AVR for those few times i use the TV's apps.
any idea on how to stop the sound from turning off if i turn off my TV while this input is outputting sound?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got a notification on my SR5011 to upgrade firmware today. Any details on it beyond 'improves reliability and performance'?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's all that is available.
Unfortunately for me, looks like it's put my receiver into the Update Retry loop. I ran a network cable over and it didn't seem to make any difference. I scoured the Marantz website and the NR1607 isn't even listed for firmware updates, and trying the NR1608 file didn't do anything (was worth a try... said no update file found on USB). Does anyone have any firmware somewhere for the NR1607? It's pretty ridiculous to push an upgrade and not have it available in USB format if the Update Retry issue locks you out from using the dang thing. Otherwise, my unit's worked fine for the last 3 years.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
HEOS update for the 7011:

Firmware from 25.06.2020 (U24)

HEOS iOS App (1.562.200)
HEOS Android App / Kindle Fire App (1.562.200)
HEOS Firmware (1,562.230)
Added feature: Title change now possible on the device (DENON Home 150, 250, 350) check here for more information
Added feature: Optimizing of Bass Control by optional Placement settings for Denon Home Speakers check here for more information
Resolved issue at playback of Deezer Premium (limitation of track change)
Resolved issue with volume control in the HEOS App
Resolved issue of display problems from Playlists on Android devices
Other bugfixes and performance improvements

Reactions: vn800art

·
Registered
52 Posts
Network issue

Hi
After seeing last post tried to connect to AVR via app and couldn't, also tried via Heos app and still no go. Reset network on AVR several times and it just says resetting.

Any ideas how to fix please / is this a workshop repair?

·
Registered
82 Posts
SR5011 Firmware update?
Hello All, I received an update yesterday with no information. Anyone know what’s new with the update?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Network issue

Hi
After seeing last post tried to connect to AVR via app and couldn't, also tried via Heos app and still no go. Reset network on AVR several times and it just says resetting.

Any ideas how to fix please / is this a workshop repair?
I think it's the 2020/06/25 firmware update that broke your AVR's networking somehow. Over in at least one of the Denon threads, it's been multiply reported that restarts, soft resets, and network processor resets (that get stuck in a loop) will not fix the problem. Some have so far had success with the nuclear option (microprocessor reset), but config files may then be useless to restore your configuration and you may have to start from scratch. I would ignore Marantz/Denon support if they try to tell you that you need to send your AVR in for repair on this issue.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Hoping someone can help -

I followed the on-line NR1607 manual instructions. Multiple HDMI and optical cables tried.I believe,speaker,wireless,amp settings performed correctly? Issue is,no video or audio when tv/stereo button selected,but do get audio in tuner mode. Current system employs 12yr old Samsung plasma(non ARC supported),Sony BR dvd ,Bose (Mavr). Intention is to run 2 separate stereo systems using A/B switch to control speakers. Target is to allow wife to view and hear Zoom conferences through Mavr/TV system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it's the 2020/06/25 firmware update that broke your AVR's networking somehow. Over in at least one of the Denon threads, it's been multiply reported that restarts, soft resets, and network processor resets (that get stuck in a loop) will not fix the problem. Some have so far had success with the nuclear option (microprocessor reset), but config files may then be useless to restore your configuration and you may have to start from scratch. I would ignore Marantz/Denon support if they try to tell you that you need to send your AVR in for repair on this issue.
Yes you are correct. It was a software thing. Tried network resets and factory resets multiple times. Below video is the thing that fixed for me. Think it reverts to an earlier firmware. It was a huge relief that it worked

UPDATE:
Marantz are aware of the issue, info here

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ok so I updated the firmware and there is one HUGE change that I couldn't be happier about. Previously when I launched the AVR Remote app on my top of the line iPhone it would take about 10 seconds to launch and find my receiver. After this new firmware update it finds it in about 1-2 seconds. About damn time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ok so I updated the firmware and there is one HUGE change that I couldn't be happier about. Previously when I launched the AVR Remote app on my top of the line iPhone it would take about 10 seconds to launch and find my receiver. After this new firmware update it finds it in about 1-2 seconds. About damn time.

Runs to update firmware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
88,009 Posts
Are these Marantz receivers (I own a 6011) able to control (ie. pause, play & rewind) a connected blu-ray player or gaming console?
Other than HDMI-CEC, only the SR7000/SR8000 series model remotes can use preset remote codes to control other devices as well as being "learning" remotes to learn directly from another device's remote control. You may instead want to consider a Harmony remote.

5241 - 5260 of 5293 Posts